Miami Vice FILM Reboot In The Works

mvnyc

Does this mean they'll be doing a sort of "sequel" to the 2006 movie?  Or are they talking of a totally different approach?  I desperately hope they don't do another film like the '06 movie as it was such a disappointment to me.  Unless DJ and PMT are onboard, I wish they would just leave it alone.  

• Like 1

Does this mean they'll be doing a sort of "sequel" to the 2006 movie?  Or are they talking of a totally different approach?  I desperately hope they don't do another film like the '06 movie as it was such a disappointment to me.  Unless DJ and PMT are onboard, I wish they would just leave it alone.  

A very good question...I (for the life of me) can't understand why they would even consider doing another movie, unless they are taking a different approach altogether.  To do a sequel to the 2006 movie really doesn't make much sense.  I wonder if Don has something to do with this?   

• Like 1

Holy crap. This is great if it is true. Michael Mann could direct again and he could make up for his faux pas with the '06 movie by making this movie more like the series.

Edited by Tommy Vercetti
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I honestly think that it'll be better this time around. Because music is more 80s than it used to be in 2006. There won't be any out of place music like Linkin Park.

However it's just a rumour. I'd still prefer if DJ rebooted it as a TV series like he said in that interview. :D

• Like 3

If Sony was involved, we would be knowing all about that already lol

Well...DJ was speaking about a new MV lately...does it rings a bell with that reboot report?  Yeah, yeah...but for me...MV is not Miami Vice only with DJ....the minimum core is DJ and PMT...

I have my doubts if Universal would put more money in a sequel of a crappy movie. A reboot is a better hope.

Edited by Mr. Calderon

Well said. I agree!

Even if they got all the original stars back it would be totally unbelievable as the final episode kind of tied the story up in a neat bow. Tubbs went back to NY and Sonny went to the keys with his "Stolen car" How would you put all that back together again after all these years?

There are hundreds of things to say about a remake that wouldn't work unless it was made for modern times like today. MV was a product of it's time and that is why the 2006 movie did not do so well.

2015 would need a good story line which could be believable (the 2006 story was not!) and it would need good star power and chemistry (which the 2006 movie did not!)

Good luck to them whoewver is trying to produce this.....................................

Edited by Stinger390X

Yeah when you come right down to it, the 2006 movie just felt like a remake of an old episode. Which sounds like it was done purely as a Favor To Jamie Fox after Collateral.

tch you got my bag homie lol

the way I'd modernize the story however is I would set Crockett up as an undercover DEA agent that gets pulled into dealing with Vice down there, with the former head of a CIA cell in the golden triangle pulling the strings so he can have him on permanent retainer to help bust some of the biggest drug lords, as his men are known and would be seen through in a heart beat with the corruption within vice.

although I guess that would be more James Bond Licence to Kill than Vice then? or even burn notice, lol can you imagine Bruce Cambell as Sonny Crockett lol or Switeck really.

Edited by Kavinsky

Lets face it, the core audience for a reboot would want the original cast members, the pastel colors, and the 80s music.  It would not work any other way.  Doing a reboot also needs Micheal and Anthony behind the camera.  I hope if this happens Universal listens to the fans.