El Rey Network To Air Miami Vice Marathon On January 1st

mvnyc

El Rey Network to Air 'Miami Vice' Marathon on Thursday, January 1st

December 15th, 2014

via press release:

HEAT THINGS UP WHEN THE BALL DROPS AT MIDNIGHT WITH

EL REY NETWORK'S DEBUT OF

MICHAEL MANN'S GROUND-BREAKING, CRITICALLY-ACCLAIMED SERIES, ‘MIAMI VICE’

Starting at midnight on January 1st, El Rey brings you a “Miami Vice†marathon featuring break out performances by powerhouse guest stars, some in their first-ever major TV roles, including: Dennis Farina, Bruce Willis, Glenn Frey, Ving Rhames, John Leguizamo, Liam Neeson, Laurence Fishburne, Steve Buscemi, Benicio Del Toro, Chris Rock and R. Lee Ermey.

From Emmy Award®-winning and Academy Award®-nominated writer-producer Michael Mann, “Miami Vice,†which celebrated its 30th anniversary this past  fall, became appointment viewing on Friday nights and launched a national fashion trend inspired by the cool whites and colorful pastels worn by lead characters, Detectives James “Sonny†Crockett (Don Johnson) and Ricardo “Rico†Tubbs (Philip Michael Thomas).  “Miami Vice†ran for five seasons and made its mark on the television landscape in part thanks to executive producer Mann’s influence on the cop drama’s look and cinematic feel.

Below, please find the “Miami Vice†programming schedule beginning at midnight

FRIDAY JANUARY 1st

â€œBrother’s Keeper parts 1 and 2†at 12:00 AM ET

Sonny Crockett, an undercover cop for the Miami Vice Department and Ricardo Tubbs, a New York street cop, unwillingly team up on assignment to apprehend a Colombian cocaine smuggler on the pilot episode of the popular TV series. Parts 1 and 2.  Featuring Jimmy Smits.

â€œOne Eyed Jack†at 2:00 AM ET

Crockett is trying to help a friend, Barbara Carrow, who is a former high school classmate - she accumulated a sizeable gambling debt - and Crockett is charged with accepting a bribe from a well-known racketeer. Featuring Dennis Farina.

â€œNo Exit†at 3:00 AM ET

Crockett and Tubbs reluctantly help government agents in their pursuit of a dangerous international arms dealer and sometimes drug smuggler. Featuring Bruce Willis.

â€œRites of Passage†at 4:00 AM ET

An old flame of Tubbs comes to Miami looking for her baby sister who has gotten involved with a man named Traynor and his associate in some sort of illegal business.  Featuring Pam Grier and John Turturro.

â€œThe Maze†at 5:00 AM ET

When three young Cubans are holed-up in an abandoned building and are holding two families hostage - all as a result of a trigger-happy cop firing at them too soon, Tubbs goes undercover as one of 'them'. Featuring Ving Rhames.

“Sons and Lovers†at 6:00 AM ET

Crockett and Tubbs learn that Calderone has placed a one million dollar bounty on Tubbs' head. Calderone comes back to haunt Tubbs, tragically ending a family union. Featuring John Leguizamo.

â€œWhen Irish Eyes are Crying†at 7:00 AM ET

Gina falls for an Irish pacifist who believes there is no point fighting fire with fire anymore - or so she thinks. Featuring Liam Neeson.

â€œWalk-Alone†at 7:00 AM ET

Tubbs goes undercover in a penitentiary to try and smoke out a group of corrupt prison guards. Featuring Laurence Fishburne.

â€œEl Viejo†at 8:00 AM ET

While Crockett and Tubbs are working on nailing a Bolivian drug dealer, they end up clashing with an old man involved in the drug transaction who was a legendary Texas Ranger. Featuring Steve Buscemi.

â€œEverybody’s in Show Biz†at 9:00 AM ET

While under cover, Tubbs and a powerful drug lord are robbed and taken in the process is a brief case. Now the two brothers are marked for death by the drug lord. Featuring Benicio Del Toro.

“Missing Hours†at 10:00 AM ET

The recently discovered body of a man who was missing for two years disappears. Featuring Chris Rock and James Brown.

About El Rey Network

El Rey Network is a new 24-hour English language network founded by maverick filmmaker Robert Rodriguez. Curated by Rodriguez and his artistic collective, the network unites the most culturally diverse generation in history through fearless, badass and original content that awakens the renegade in everyone. The network's action-packed content is anchored by original signature dramas, feature films, grindhouse genre, cult classic action, and horror/sci-fi. El Rey Network LLC (www.elreynetwork.com) is jointly owned by Robert Rodriguez and FactoryMade Ventures with a minority stake held by Univision Networks & Studios, Inc.

They have an HD channel, but I believe it's the SD signal upconverted to HD (but I could be wrong). I'll record the Pilot to see if that is the case...

• Administrators

On my birthday! Great times and a decent line-up.

Too bad we don't have El Rey in Australia. 

My birthday is on the 3rd.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They are also airing the entire first season in order, back-to-back, starting at 7am on Saturday, 1/3 and running straight through until 5am 1/4.  

10423894_525389520898815_769550030029096

Edited by mvnyc
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I wonder how big of a fan Robert Rodriguez is of MV. :cool:

A big enough fan to have Don Johnson in the From Dusk Till Dawn series, and air MV on his own channel.

Perhaps Robert and Don should work together to bring it back :)

A big enough fan to have Don Johnson in the From Dusk Till Dawn series, and air MV on his own channel.

Perhaps Robert and Don should work together to bring it back :)

Yeh..i think Don was in "Machete" right?

Was in Tarantino's Django too..

• Administrators

Yeh..i think Don was in "Machete" right?

Was in Tarantino's Django too..

Yes, he was in Machete also. 

And Django, but Django wasn't Robert Rodriguez. :p

I checked the El Rey HD channel, it's not in true HD, just upconverted from SD, so if you have the non-HD channel, you're seeing (essentially) the same picture as the HD channel...

That sucks its not offered here in canada that channel so no vice for me well I have the episodes on my laptop so I can watch that way

Yes, he was in Machete also. 

And Django, but Django wasn't Robert Rodriguez. :p

I know, that's why I said "Tarantino's Django unchained" xD

I've heard quentin talk about MV too and if you watch interviews of him from the mid 90s, he wears Crockett's suit jackets over t shirt and stubble in like every single one. He must have been going through a vice phase.

• Administrators

Must've been the same Vice phase which started in 1984 :)

I've seen recent photos of him where he still rocks the t-shirt and blazer look.

Watched much of it today, and must say I was lukewarm on the episode selections, as it appears they were selected solely to showcase certain "celebrity guest stars" who had their early starts in Vice, rather than some of the more popular episodes out there.

But did learn that they plan to Run Season 1 in its entirety Saturday and Sunday in sequence so that is a big plus.

Watched much of it today, and must say I was lukewarm on the episode selections, as it appears they were selected solely to showcase certain "celebrity guest stars" who had their early starts in Vice, rather than some of the more popular episodes out there.

But did learn that they plan to Run Season 1 in its entirety Saturday and Sunday in sequence so that is a big plus.

Good point. The casual viewer is just going to look at the big names Bruce Willis, Liam Neeson, Chris Rock. Even though "No exit" is coincidentally one of the best episodes.

Missing hours not so much

Edited by thedeparted94
  • Like 1

Good point. The casual viewer is just going to look at the big names Bruce Willis, Liam Neeson, Chris Rock. Even though "No exit" is coincidentally one of the best episodes.

Missing hours not so much

Think they were just showcasing these future 'stars' though I would not include Chris Rock in that category. The first four eps were good as was El Viejo, but the rest, IMO,  wouldn't have made my selection for any one day marathon.

They've been airing them without any logos in the lower third corner, which is nice to see (for a change), however there is no closed captioning, FYI...

I watched a few of the episodes off and on, and it was really a lot of fun!  I loved the way they "introduced" the series too, they made you want to watch it.   :cool:

• 1 month later...

Friday, January 23, 2015

Miami Vice Debuts on Cozi TV (March 1st)

Car.jpg
Sonny Crockett and Ricardo Tubbs are heading to Cozi TV on Sun, March 1st with a Miami Vice marathon from 1 PM - 5 PM ET. The regular schedule starts on Mon, March 2nd and Miami Vice will air weekdays (Mon - Fri) at 11 PM - 12 AM ET and Saturdays at 8 PM - 9 PM ET and 9 PM - 10 PM ET (back-to-back episodes).

Miami Vice currently airs on El Rey Network. They'll have the rights to the show over on El Rey through December 2016. To see if you receive El Rey Network or Cozi TV, please head to the link(s) below.

=============

Cozi TV is a digital over the air sub-channel that a lot of people receive. They air shows like Lassie, The Avengers, Magnum P.I., The Dick Van Dyke Show, The New Howdy Doody Show,  Charlie's Angels, The Bionic Woman, The Lone Ranger, The Roy Rogers Show, Highway To Heaven, and The Six Million Dollar Man, just to name a few shows, and of course classic movies as well.

To see if you receive Cozi TV, click on the link below and please provide your information. Abbreviation on your menu guide should be Cozi

=============

http://tvclassicsrus.blogspot.com/2015/01/miami-vice-debuts-on-cozi-tv-march-1st.html

• 5 months later...