"Miami Vice" Coming To COZI TV March 1st

mvnyc

'Miami Vice' coming to COZI TV

For Release January 28th: 

Sonny and Rico are back in action. Beginning March 1, reruns of the glitzy 1980s crime drama "Miami Vice" will be broadcast on COZI TV, the digital channel owned by NBCUniversal. Catch it on Ch. 6.2 in the Fort Lauderdale-Miami TV market. If you've missed seeing those light-colored suits, pastel T-shirts and South Florida backdrops, the digital channel will feature a marathon of episodes from 1 to 5 p.m. March 1. Then the show will regularly air at 11 p.m. weekdays and 8 and 9 p.m. Saturdays.

The NBC show, from 1984-1989, turned Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas into household names. They played James "Sonny" Crockett and Ricardo "Rico" Tubbs, detectives who investigated South Florida's underbelly of drug lords, mobsters and prostitution rings.

Shot exclusively in South Florida, the program has been credited for putting the region on the international map. The show also influenced fashion. The characters' unshaven faces and use of loafers without socks became hot fashion trends at the time, and their pastel-colored wardrobe became associated with the cluster of Art Deco buildings.

"The show heralded a new era of tough-talking-yet-fashionable good guys who were on the right side of the law," Meredith McGinn, senior vice president at COZI TV, said in a release.  For folks who prefer their "Miami Vice'' in Spanish, TeleXitos, which is owned by the Telemundo Television Group, runs dubbed episodes at 9 p.m. weekdays. TeleXitos, seen in South Florida on Ch. 51.2 or Xfinity Ch. 229, launched in November from Miramar and is dedicated to airing dubbed action-adventure films and TV shows.
Edited by mvnyc

Sure thing, everyone! It'll be nice to see it on the NBC network affiliate sub channel and at a regular time slot (at least down here in South Florida!).  

Edited by mvnyc

Sure thing, everyone! It'll be nice to see it on the NBC network affiliate sub channel and at a regular time slot (at least down here in South Florida!).  

Was that "South Flor- eye-da" as Zito once said?   Sorry...just a quote that I recalled. :p

I do envy you spending time in SoFl as it is cold in the Midwest.  

Was that "South Flor- eye-da" as Zito once said?   Sorry...just a quote that I recalled. :p

I do envy you spending time in SoFl as it is cold in the Midwest.  

I moved down here 12 years ago from NY and started my own business. We now have 5 offices across the state of Florida.  I have absolutely no regrets :)

Edited by mvnyc

I moved down here 12 years ago from NY and started my own business. We now have 5 offices across the state of Florida.  I have absolutely no regrets :)

Well done...I envy you and your decision to pack up and move. Maybe someday I will get down there.   ;)

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

• 1 month later...

'Miami Vice' coming to COZI TV

For Release January 28th: 

Sonny and Rico are back in action. Beginning March 1, reruns of the glitzy 1980s crime drama "Miami Vice" will be broadcast on COZI TV, the digital channel owned by NBCUniversal. Catch it on Ch. 6.2 in the Fort Lauderdale-Miami TV market. If you've missed seeing those light-colored suits, pastel T-shirts and South Florida backdrops, the digital channel will feature a marathon of episodes from 1 to 5 p.m. March 1. Then the show will regularly air at 11 p.m. weekdays and 8 and 9 p.m. Saturdays.

The NBC show, from 1984-1989, turned Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas into household names. They played James "Sonny" Crockett and Ricardo "Rico" Tubbs, detectives who investigated South Florida's underbelly of drug lords, mobsters and prostitution rings.

Shot exclusively in South Florida, the program has been credited for putting the region on the international map. The show also influenced fashion. The characters' unshaven faces and use of loafers without socks became hot fashion trends at the time, and their pastel-colored wardrobe became associated with the cluster of Art Deco buildings.

"The show heralded a new era of tough-talking-yet-fashionable good guys who were on the right side of the law," Meredith McGinn, senior vice president at COZI TV, said in a release.  For folks who prefer their "Miami Vice'' in Spanish, TeleXitos, which is owned by the Telemundo Television Group, runs dubbed episodes at 9 p.m. weekdays. TeleXitos, seen in South Florida on Ch. 51.2 or Xfinity Ch. 229, launched in November from Miramar and is dedicated to airing dubbed action-adventure films and TV shows.

Reminder for any who can watch today.

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad I don't get the channel...I might switch cable companies in a few months so, as I think I'm being overcharged by the one I currently have. It will be nice seeing MV on television. I already have some of the channels that regularly show television shows from the 80s and 90s, but to see MV on tv would be great!

Too bad I don't get the channel...I might switch cable companies in a few months so, as I think I'm being overcharged by the one I currently have. It will be nice seeing MV on television. I already have some of the channels that regularly show television shows from the 80s and 90s, but to see MV on tv would be great!

If you get El Rey, they are running a mini-marathon of S4, S1 and S5 eps today.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tonight I watched the title credits with Hammer's MV theme and it sounded to me as if they sped up the film.

:thumbsdown:   :thumbsdown:   :thumbsdown:

• 2 months later...

I don't know if any of you are watching the COZI TV schedule with Miami Vice, but in a week or two, it's gonna mess up the order.  It won't show the complete Sonny Burnett arc (won't show the first and second episode of season 5), randomly not show some episodes from the rest of Season 5, and only show Part 2 of Freefall.

?(

Then again, I'm not too surprised.  The last time COZI TV reached near the end of Season 4, it didn't even show the Sonny Burnett arc at all ("Deliver Us From Evil" to "Redemption In Blood") and aired some Season 1 episodes as replacements for those time slots.

Are there any legal issues in airing any of these particular episodes in Season 5 by chance?  Just curious for the reason why the COZI-TV airing order gets messed up near the end of Season 4 and into Season 5.

i switched cable providers 3 weeks ago and i've been watching a few episodes, even though i have the show on dvd. last couple years i havn't felt like watching. anyway i watched the first Burnett episode last weekend. just watched Deliver us from Evil.