I survived the Florida Winter

miamijimf

It actually got down to 37 F, 2.78 C in W. Central Florida.  81 F, 27.22 C today.

lol...that's a heat-wave compared to here. -8F tonight

It actually got down to 37 F, 2.78 C in W. Central Florida.  81 F, 27.22 C today.

That's funny as hell!  One day of winter.  It was beautiful in Long Beach yesterday, 68 and partly cloudy.  I had a great day on the water sailing, but, alas, all things must come to an end.  It started raining an hour or so ago.  I've lived in Long Beach for twenty years and have only seen it drop into the 40's twice, so 37 in Florida is crazy!  Are you near the water?  Coastal Long Beach, where I am, stays incredibly temperate, typically 55 to 85 95% of the time.  Inland areas see much more fluctuation though.

• Administrators

It got to 34* according to my porch thermometer the other morning. My car also said 34* on the way into work to Tampa, Florida. That was chilly!

It hit the twenties last week here where I'm at in North Central Florida. So also a survivor of the Florida winter which will no longer be known as a cold winter but as the winter where Florida declared with one voice: "We will not freeze quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without our blankets! Today we celebrate our ...

.... got ahead of myself there. Oh well, back to normal, right now wearing shorts at five in the morning with the humidity on the rise. :thumbsup:

It snowed on Saturday and at night the temperature was 24 F.

Yesterday morning I made a small snowman.

The Florida Winter has to be the shortest winter ever!

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hey Jim!  Not trying to steal your thunder here but if we had 37F here in Toronto we'd be strolling around in T-shirts!  Maybe even head to the beach?  Try -23C with a wind chill of 35C.   Let's see, that converts to -9F with a wind chill of -31F!

They don't call us the "Great White North" for nothing!

Stay warm! lol

• Like 1

That's OK F-Man you didn't steal my thunder - I was bragging about the great weather here (one day winter).  You guys can have that Yankee weather, I've done my time in the frozen tundra.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

It does occasionally get a bit cold in northern Florida, doesn't it? Unlike south Florida, where the climate is a true tropical one and there isn't really a semblance of seasons. I live in Texas, the winters are mild here, but it's only sub-tropical/semi-arid, so we get a lot of cold fronts from November to March. It starts raining more around mid September, too. But October through March is when we get all this "rollercoaster" weather, where temps keep going up and down, one day it will be 70, then the next day the high will only be 40, then it will go back up to 60, but then plummet to 35 again. That's how winter is here. But then April through August is warm/hot weather, first humid, then getting dry and hot from late June/early July to early September. The thing about the summers here are they are too hot. And it gets like a desert here, especially in August, when pretty much every day is 100 degrees. It is a perfect time to wear light clothing, however, from April to late June, the weather here is very much like Miami's, warm and humid. Then later in the summer it starts getting too dry and hot and starts resembling New Mexico/Arizona type weather. Today it's overcast and only 35 degrees, also there's freezing rain. A good day to come home, make some hot tea, and read a book.

My sister lives in Clearwater and a couple of days ago she was complaining it was freezing down there. She had a scarf on. lol. Well I didn't feel sorry

for her one bit.

• Like 1