HEY 'FRO, WHAT'S UP?! (PMT's HUGE AFRO!)

COOPER&BURNETT

:eek:  :eek:  :eek:

Not to believe !
OMG - what an image - what autograph ♥

Brilliant Coop - that is special - that is more than special.
Never thought PMT would have worn such an afro at any time.
WOW WOW WOW !!  :funky:

I am not sure I would have recognized Phil without the signing and this place here in forum.
Not MV related anywhere around I could have overviewed the person 'behind'.

Bravo ! What a gem !!!

Lol... one should show this one to his son Sacred or daughter Imaj.
Would like to get their reactions.
Shall I ?? 

Edited by bluepearl

This photo was from 1968-69 from the musical, "HAIR".

I'd share with his son and daughter. Sure, why not. Also let them know we own the world's largest collection of photos of PMT "pointing"! They may want to check dad our as he "blesses up" (He said pointing for the camera is his way of blessing us) 

Now that is what i call an afro!

That is an AWESOME collectable COOP.

What hairstyle fits better for that musical topic "Hair"? :-D

• Like 1

Yeah, Christian we saw the beard on Vice (a bit cleaner trimmed), but the 'fro has got to go! LOL! He certainly looks better without it.

Yeah, Christian we saw the beard on Vice (a bit cleaner trimmed), but the 'fro has got to go! LOL! He certainly looks better without it.

Certainly. Plus: he fits through every door now! :-D

Edited by Christian

He looks completely different! I wonder what he would think of this picture being unearthed, lol.  It did make him look a lot older (the beard too), for one thing. You said this was from 1968/69, I just saw the movie "Sparkle" the other day (filmed in 1975, so about 6-7 years after this), and he looked so very young in that! He certainly does look much better without the fro and I bet he knows it! 

viceystyle, he never went back to the 'fro, so I'm sure he prefers his current Tubbs look with shorter hair. He most likely grew the hair for the Musical.

Have you visited the Cooper&Burnett Scrapbook section yet? Tons of things you will be interested in seeing. Great articles, and photos too! 

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php/forum/40-cooper-burnetts-miami-vice-scrapbook/

We now return to Miami Panting, Featuring Philip Michael Thomas, and Bob Ross!

or Alternatively, Philip Michael Thomas is Mr T in Trouble Man!

Well, she was not surprised about Daddy. :) 
She confirms the time during 'Hair* @ Broadway 1969.

21165577fw.jpg

He looks completely different! I wonder what he would think of this picture being unearthed, lol.  It did make him look a lot older (the beard too), for one thing. You said this was from 1968/69, I just saw the movie "Sparkle" the other day (filmed in 1975, so about 6-7 years after this), and he looked so very young in that! He certainly does look much better without the fro and I bet he knows it! 

vicestyle, I am with you.
Phil is looking lots lots older in this.
That time he was in the age of 21 years, he affects easily like 40 to my eyes.

Funny...
I also thought and compared to his look with the movie 'Sparkle' - like a teenager against this 'fro' appearance.

• Like 1

Man, that is some photo, COOP !

PMT is a handsome guy and all that HAIR ( like the show ) hides his fine features. I prefer him without the Fro & beard! :thumbsup:

Here's another "scruffy, hairy" PMT picture!

pmt%20with%20beard%2033%20years%20old_zp

Great Job BluePearl!! Glad she could see this rare photo!

Tony, I agree with you, he looks better clean cut. He's a good look'in guy, with all the hair, he's covered up!

Here's another "scruffy, hairy" PMT picture!

pmt%20with%20beard%2033%20years%20old_zp

Gosh - the next one !

Actually this is even more special with the appearance than the previous one to me and indeed more liked

(if at all with the much beard - MV beard length was perfect and very liked with me)

Hmmmmm, the date does not belong to the time the image is taken, correct?

What always touches me lots are his eyes. That are such special wonderful eyes... - Madness !

And they are like trademarks. His eyes always will uncover PMT.

Well, it's 7 years after Miami Vice (1996), so it is possible that it is from that time period. He looks like he could be older. Can't say for certain, as I don't have any further information on this.

He does have wonderful eyes. Hazel I think.

I wonder if his daughter knows about this one?

It is a rare photo as well.

The beard just hides his very fine features, and he looks much older with it. Would be unrecognizable if it weren't for those hazel eyes. You're right bluepearl, in Sparkle he looked like and played a teenager. Irene Cara was only 16, and he looked like he was only a couple of years older than her. 

• Like 1

Well, it's 7 years after Miami Vice (1996), so it is possible that it is from that time period. He looks like he could be older. Can't say for certain, as I don't have any further information on this.

He does have wonderful eyes. Hazel I think.

I wonder if his daughter knows about this one?

It is a rare photo as well.

Hmmm, what let me doubt to that date with this image is his appearance in Nash Bridges /Wild Card 1997.

Then his face shows already (TG!) much more mature features than in this image.

I definitely want to go to a time even before MV with your second shown image, Coop.

Because of this added *To Dr. Hill* in the left top corner I am pretty sure it is a special autograph, probably any closer

connection with this Dr. Hill who probably found this image and Phil did sign it especially to him ?

As more I get known Imaj...

yes, I am convinced she also knows about this look with her Dad.

I do not want to over stress her with such questions.

I always thought the relationsships between Philip and his kids would not be very good / very close.

Meanwhile I am with fully other belief.

He is a damn good Daddy only he never used his kids in public or rather made a big deal to public with them.

Sure a very wise and lovingly decision.

You could be correct BluePearl. I really don't know when the photo was taken, and usually, people don't sign photos like that, that are current. Most are earlier photos, so I now change my mind after rethinking it. Perhaps it was taken during the Vice era when he did have a beard, and perhaps this was just during hiatus during the series, as it's grown out. I wonder who Dr. Hill is too.

Viceystyle, I'm sure I've posted pictures of PMT from Sparkle. Where is anybody's guess, most likely in the Scrapbook section. 

• Administrators

This photo was from 1968-69 from the musical, "HAIR".

Hair?!   Well I'd say, mission accomplished!

• Like 4

The beard just hides his very fine features, and he looks much older with it. Would be unrecognizable if it weren't for those hazel eyes. You're right bluepearl, in Sparkle he looked like and played a teenager. Irene Cara was only 16, and he looked like he was only a couple of years older than her. 

Ya'll don't get me started on PMT & Irene Cara in Sparkle! I can go on all day discussing PMT & Irene Cara in Sparkle. When I 1st saw the film on TV I immediately was able to recognize it was him from Miami Vice but he was younger looking. At the time before I was aware of what year he was born, I thought he was about 18 or 19. Ya'll know Irene has since said she was only 13 when she did that film right? Well, all during the 1970s & 1980s she use to always say that film was her very 1st film (which it isn't) & that she played her ACTUAL age of 16 (which I prefer to believe that)! Poor Dick Clark in 1980 while she was promoting Fame gave her the opportunity to share which roles she played her actual age & she immediately went into Sparkle.

Did you all know that on her website she shares a beautiful photo that PMT taken of her? I guess it was like a gift to her or something, it is obvious those 2 worked very well together probably clicked, though there is at least a 10 year difference & as Irene admitted on Wendy Williams, "some things" regarding him, she did also admit he was "already involved". I think he was still married to his 1st wife, if not that he may have began dating Dhaima (I think).

Back to his changing looks & styles. I don't mind his beard on what he looked like in Black Fist & 4th Season of Vice (when it is trimmed nice). I also prefer his hair in nice curls compared to the Fro, but obviously in that 1st photo he was in Hair, I guess he was doing whatever was needed for his job/career.

• 1 month later...

Let me name it

THE THEN & THE NOW

...thrilling...

Thank you Coop for owning this special by the past.

I saw the post with Imaj today and it hit me like electro beat.

I could not renounce to this comparison !!!

21700126uf.jpg

• Like 1

Let me name it

THE THEN & THE NOW

...thrilling...

Thank you Coop for owning this special by the past.

I saw the post with Imaj today and it hit me like electro beat.

I could not renounce to this comparison !!!

21700126uf.jpg

I'm confused, Bluepearl......is that Philip Michael? It sure looks like him. The features are very similar.