Shigeru Miyamoto and The Legend of Zelda franchise

mirrorimageegamirorrim

I know this is in the "Off Topic" section but I still feel I have to apologize for asking this on MVonline.  I don't do off-topic very much but I'm not sure where else to go with this question that has bugged me for years so I'm posting it here.

Shigeru Miyamoto created The Legend of Zelda and made, in my opinion, the best games that the franchise has to offer.  Ocarina of Time is my all-time favorite video game, period.  I don't really play video games anymore; you can chalk that up to age.  However, for the rest of my life I will carry with me the treasured memories of playing Ocarina in my little apartment in college.  So why did this genius stop making new LofZ games in his prime?  The guy he turned the series over to is ok but he's not nearly as talented as Miyamoto. (Miyamoto is still around functioning in some sort of advisory position to the franchise but you can tell from the product that he's not actually creating the games.)  And, since Miyamoto hasn't retired from the video game industry it makes it all the more perplexing why he refuses to direct another Zelda game.  What happened to cause him to turn over the reigns?            

I like all Zelda stuff too, starting with the very first game that I got in grade school.  Someone brought the manual to class, with all its cool little drawings of Link slaying monsters, and cryptic tips on the bottoms of some pages, and everyone was like, "Whooooooooa."

I think he just reached the pinnacle of his career and wants to relax!  You saw all about the concerts, right?