Inside The Newly Redesigned Miami Vice House

mvnyc

Thanks for posting mvnyc.  I call it the LMD or Evan house, it was in all 5 seasons of Vice.  They really changed the front and the interior but the back (inlet) side looks the same.  They don't mention the staircase, it was really a work of art.  Hope they didn't change it.  Fiona (Jackie in LMD) remembers the "safe house," I'll send her the link.

Thanks for posting mvnyc.  I call it the LMD or Evan house, it was in all 5 seasons of Vice.  They really changed the front and the interior but the back (inlet) side looks the same.  They don't mention the staircase, it was really a work of art.  Hope they didn't change it.  Fiona (Jackie in LMD) remembers the "safe house," I'll send her the link.

The back of the house was used in countless episodes. I hope whoever owns the property now is aware and appreciative of it's history...

Edited by mvnyc
  • Like 2

Gorgeous place. I love the exterior and the volumes, I also love the big windows (couldn't I?) but let me tell you the interiors are a bit corny.

From a stylistic standpoint, they are a mess of citations. If I barely guess the amount of money it did cost, I think they could have done a much better job.

My view is - with times going on - people just get tired of "the-right-thing-in-the-right-place" and began to mix things up. Today is considered "cool" taking a piece of 60s Swedish-styled furniture and put it besides a Deco one, or an industrial iron table with, why not? An ethnic, maybe African wooden statue. Put it all together and here it is guys. So "modern", isn't it?

Nope.

That's just a ignorant mix of things with a unique, strong identity and history, items that were possibly a high expression of their time. Too long and articulated matter to be discussed here. And it's off topic too. But let me tell it's the same with other subjects: look at sports cars from the 60s: they are poetry in steel. Each one with its own unmistakable style, perfect lines, and "human" feel too. Look at today cars: you have either boxes with wheels or Manga style aeroships as the contemporary Lambos, just to name one.

You may not agree, but that house was so much better in the 80s. Yeah, I know, I'm not saying anything special.

Edited by Jerry Beck
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

^ This is why I think there's money to be made operating a MV location tour.  Seinfeld had one & it had no (0) locations.  S. Fl. film locations website guy could easily do it.

Edited by PalmTree

My view is - with times going on - people just get tired of "the-right-thing-in-the-right-place" and began to mix things up. Today is considered "cool" taking a piece of 60s Swedish-styled furniture and put it besides a Deco one, or an industrial iron table with, why not? An ethnic, maybe African wooden statue. Put it all together and here it is guys. So "modern", isn't it?

Nope.

That's just a ignorant mix of things with a unique, strong identity and history, items that were possibly a high expression of their time.

I don't know much about design, but I totally agree with you.  I feel like the same thing is happening among foodies.  They get bored with standard cuisine and start to mix ingrediants almost randomly just to get a new sensation.

You're welcome, pal.

That's what happened with many things: food, music, art... Too articulated subject and off topic to be analyzed here.

And also useless.