Right show - Right time

PalmTree

I've said this before many times but I'm still fascinated by how deeply MV touched the world.  It simply was the right show at the right time.  Never before or since has a television show affected sooo many facets of everyday life.  The clothes, the music, the cars, the buildings, the cultural indentity of the early 1980's.  No one & I mean NO ONE could have foreseen just how huge of an impact MV was going to have.  The first three seasons are something that will affect me personally for the rest of my life.  I am sooo glad to have been around then instead of now.  I feel sorry for the kids of today as they don't have a MV to watch & idealize.

Edited by PalmTree
  • Like 1

I absolutely agree, brilliant series that really touched the world, it will forever be one of the best cultural impacts this planet has ever had.

• Like 1

I commented in this in the past & one member posted he recalled catching an early flight home to catch that week's episode.  Show me another TV cop drama star from any time in history that as well known AND marketable as DJ thirty freakin' yrs after his show was cancelledExcellent line from the below article "It’s a remarkable trajectory, from South Beach flophouses to $1,000-a-night rooms at the Setai, that Miami Vice played no small role in launching."  No "small role" hell its THE reason for that escalation.  Nothing else can explain it.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article2266518.html

Edited by PalmTree

I think if nothing else, when actually there's a helluva lot "else", MV showed Miami what Miami could be & it as a city simply copied Mann's idea.  Now thats what you call an "effect".  Mann's protege of sorts DIck Wolf went on to create a few other "hardly watched" series called LAW & ORDER.

Edited by PalmTree

I absolutely agree, brilliant series that really touched the world, it will forever be one of the best cultural impacts this planet has ever had.

I second that statement.