Point Break (2015) Trailer

Detective_Crockett

Another remake of a classic film that didn't need to be remade  :(

But that being said, it doesn't look too bad, but the Keanu version will always be the best.

It's a weird feeling seeing something starring an actor like Keanu Reeves who recently just made a big comeback with John Wick get remade. I would've thought a sequel would have been a better route but the trailer makes this look like a passable film if it's directed properly.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

The first one was bad enough.

Kind of cult following now???

The best line is when Swaysee says "I can't live in a cage man"

Although the movie was a flop with bad acting, THE SWAZ could pull off a line like that and make it sound good.

Edited by Stinger390X

Im so happy when classic movies get remade and they end up being absolutely abysmal. So in that way the new version won't replace the old one in the minds of moviegoers, If an 18 year old randomly wants to watch point break, they got a choice between a badass action film starring Keanu or a piece of crap.

• Like 1

There have been many flops such as the sci-fi Total Recall. I loved the original with Swartzenbody, but the remake was terrible!

I saw a triple remake of an old classic called "A Star is Born" The first one from the 30's was ok for a classic old film. The second was from the 50's was not bad with Judy Garland, however the final remake from the 70's with Barbara Streisand and Kris Kristofferson was very cool! I guess its three times charmed and they got it right?

I think Hollywood needs to rethink their strategy or all these new remakes they are making are flopping at the box office and ending up in the bargain bins of video stores for 4 bucks

Edited by Stinger390X