Dodge goes Miami Vice - In The Air Tonight!

James

Yeah, that's more of what I call a tribute. And you can tell they actually watched the first episode because they threw in a nod to where Crockett was chasing Tubbs when Tubbs took his speedboat. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I think they used a proper Chris Craft in that video too, complete without spoiler like it was in the pilot. also this shows how you do a proper homage, you dont follow it to the letter, you build on it, while honoring it at the same time.

and that's some pretty damn good camera work on the high up shots there, especially on the bridges, and that hellcat charger hood shot, jesus that looks beautiful, hell its meaning is clear, To Michael Mann, From Dodge: Use Us!

and I was worried it was going to be a straight remake as theres alot of them out there, so I guess this means that Ralph Guiles, the head of SRT and the viper project since 2005 to my knowledge is also a Vice man then, seen here for those who dont know about him

plus they gave roadkill all three of those cars to bash on dukes of hazzard style in a recently episode, and there giving the General mayhem a hellcat motor lol yeah is it any wonder that I've always been a life long mopar fan lol

Edited by Kavinsky

Thanks, James.... that is an excellent commercial! :thumbsup:

It gives me a little bit of hope that maybe we will see a Miami Vice reboot or at least repeats of the original series on SPIKE or somewhere.

I don't think there were any episodes with a confederate flag, so it shouldn't be banned from TV. ;)

I'd love for MIAMI VICE to be popular again. Whomever made this video must have been a fan. When the heck are our blu ray discs coming?

• Like 1

Since I dont watch commercials, I am glad that I got the chance to watch this one.  I caught a second or two of it and wondered about it.  thanks for posting!!!