Testarossa lost episode

PASTELSUITSROCK

Season three gave us our first look at the testarossa.... And it was most defiantly black... Also this year a calendar came out that also had a black testarossa .... And there are a few ... Very few .. Pictures of don getting in and out of a black testarossa ... So did they film a few episodes before stones war ???.... That ultimately had a black testarossa ???......

A black Testarossa was used in When Irish Eyes Are Crying. Ferrari was strongly encouraging the show to let go of the McBurnie Daytona and made Testarossas fall out of the sky for them. A black Testarossa is also used in the Pepsi commercial directed by Ridley Scott. The 1996 Miami Vice calendar shot by frequent Michael Mann collaborator Gusmano Cesaretti, also features a black T.

Actually it was the TR's Forerunner, the Berlina Boxer, possibly the same one used in the I Cant Drive 55 music video

note the yellow ambers and the way the body is more narrow

as for the thing being filmed while black, well I kinda thought maybe we got a very slight glimpse of it during stones war during the close up of the car chase

gallery_471_5_58927.jpg

as I dont think a white car would be that hard to see close up like that

although I'm not entirely sure, I could be very wrong, but it was really a damn shame to see it painted white from such a gorgeous color, Nero Daytona Metalic

but on the other hand how many times did the daytona get detailed to look good for its shots in S2 given the camera mounts were mounted with gappher tape and the weight of the camera mounts, in which well... you can see where it was mounted on the hood even to this today.

hence why they went to a much more stable and static mounting system for the TR with those tubes and bits linked into the bumper mounts or under it front and rear.

something that couldnt be done on the daytona.

Edited by Kavinsky

When they had to replace the Daytona with the Testerossa, I think the idea was to keep it black but it didn't show up well in the night scenes so that's why they went with the white instead.

I think looks infinitely better in white anyway. In black or red it looks very boxy. I like how in the first 2 seasons Crockett's car was black and Crockett wore a lot of white but then in S3 the cars white and he wears a lot of dark tones. It gave the show a much needed stylistic makeover imo.

Edited by thedeparted94

yeah I must admit the accent lines show up better in a brighter paint, but I wish they had opted for a medium color then, like a darker silver,

0:10 in to skip the stupid intro

given that it seems like sometimes based on the size of the car its an overload of white paint, and to me in the scenes it was in in S4 and S5, it just didnt fit in with the darker whited out tone given how bright it seemed down there. plus white with a cream, more or less white interior

like it was just too much, namely in that scene where Tubbs calls Crocketts phone to warn him about the sniper at the concert, it just looked terrible in that shot next to those black harley's, hell I'm surprised the bikers didnt trash it actually, and its in shots like that I Just think to myself, shoulda left it black.

plus back in 1988/1989 there was actually a poster of a straight silver TR in the Dead Pool and it looks fantastic in that color, hell Crockett actually had a model of it in that color during S4.

and its worth noting that the color the TR was designed for, was in fact red which shows up black at night. white just looks white. you cant really do anything with it on a car body, unless its got alot of accent and break up lines. and the TR's roof is just one solid color.

Edited by Kavinsky