"Rowdy� Roddy Piper is gone

Kavinsky

Age 61, from Cardiac Arrest, jesus 2015 how many celebrities have you killed this year? Are there even any celebrities left for you to kill?

and to make it worse, I literally just saw they live for the first time a few days ago

god damn good movie too, the ultimate twighlight zone movie.

plus I'd be lying if I didnt say it made sense in some odd way lol

maybe this would be more fitting honestly

Edited by Kavinsky

Yeah man, it sucks. Roddy was a little before my time, but I always love watching some classics clips on youtube every now and again. And yes, They Live is a classic. John Carpenter was the king of social commentary of his films. Especially since they're just as relevant now as they were 25-30 years ago. And unlike James Cameron, he didn't have to shove it down our throats to get the message across lol.

• Like 1

Rowdy was always a fun wrestler to watch.  Saw a biography special of him.  He had a hard upbringing and used wrestling as a way to gain self confidence.  He was a great family man who loved his kids.  As for his Hollywood career, "They Live" will always be a favorite of mine. RIP 

• Like 1

During the "Miami Vice"-era in the world of professional wrestling; 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper was the 1# bad guy opposite Hulk Hogan,

in the glory days of the 1980s pro wrestling boom. As a big pro wrestling fan I'm saddened to hear the news. He was part of my life pro wrestling-wise.

Hot Rod's legacy will live on; not just in wrestling, but also in cult classic movies like "They Live".

• Like 1

oh, God knows, it's sad, it was a great wrestler. he may his peace finden.danke Kavinsky, for this information, here in Germany rarely do you get these messages. :) :thumbsup:

I loved Piper's Pit.  It was so cheaply done and so entertaining.  It showed you didn't need a fancy and expensive set to be entertaining.  Piper was awesome.  He was a huge part of my '80s experience.  RIP, Piper.  You're missed.

yeah the abuse seems to catch up with alot of people, a few months after nimoys passing I was reading the wikipedia entry about that mind meld thing that shatner had done with him and found out that he was not only a smoker but an alchoholic

hence why he did that in 01' as he didnt figure they would live that long, and with the body under such duress and stress in Roddy's case, in addition to alchohol use, plus cancer, its a bloody miracle he made it this far.

I mean I still remember Eddie Gurrera back in the old days, where right before a match he had a massive heart attack, as he was formerly a cocaine user, so that plus being a body builder really pulls the years out of ones body.

so he's another great that was lost to that kind of abuse, Johnathan Thaw, Eddie, Roddy and Nimoy.

hell with me I'll probably be one of the first to massive caffeine use.

Edited by Kavinsky