VICE being drubbed by DALLAS

Ell.a

NBC made the mistake of moving Vice from 10pm to 9pm.It may not have slipped as quickly as it did if they had left it alone.

I'm not the biggest Monday morning quarterback, but I think anyone with a brain could've seen pitting Vice head-to-head with Dallas, even in it's 10th Season, was a bit of a misstep.It didn't help that Dallas was coming off the 'dream' season, and Bobby was back which although didn't improve overall ratings, the interest in the fall of 1986, at least, was still at a peak, as viewership gradually diminished over the 1986-87 season.Vice, goes and totally reinvents itself, and tries to go after a Dallas, which is going back to "tried and true". It obviously wasn't a good move to make.And for all these years, most people that really trash the season post-Season 2, seem to be people that didn't get the show at all. They watched the show for fashions or watercooler talk, and not for the good cop formula show it was.

that article says DJ and PMT didn't have chemistry. that's a load of crap

They HAD chemistry! Who writes this garbage anyway?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

There are other similar articles in the Scrapbook Section that also have poor reviews on our favorite show. :thumbsdown: 

If I see anymore hatin' on Vice, I think I'll be pretty p****d off  :thumbsdown:

What gave Dallas the right?  :(

what can you say, people like to start fires where there is none, it was just a matter of NBC poltics really, they had a popular show, so to hurt them, they pitted their popular show against another.

I mean there was a reason why carson openly hated the heads at NBC, they are the kind of people who find Timmy Fallon funnier than Conan after all, Conan, the writer of Homer vs the monorail and alot of other good classic simpsons episodes.

hell I wouldnt be surprised if it was his idea to have Colonel Klink as homers guardian angel, and they choose him over Conan? ha!

plus the only thing I remember of Dallas is a Joke from an old tv show called waiting for god from tom here, and that's about it really,

that and some girl from spin city getting into a mud fight, of which Carson made fun of, and that's how low they were willing to go for ratings.

and that the studio lot that dallas had used was latter used for Seinfeld.

I mean soap operas come and go, so its TV politics, nothing more, nothing less. bought and paid for, besides who's seen any repeats of Dallas on lately?

not me, yet I see magnum PI and Vice on Cozi TV as of late, and I happened to walk up and turn on the tv when the chase scene of Florence italy was starting.

that and magnum showing up with a goat in his ferrari of all things, as he was taking care of it for some kid, as her parrent was alergic to it apparently, complete with it eating higgins flowers lol

Edited by Kavinsky