RARE!! FERRARI DAYTONA INFO! (McBURNIE COACHCRAFT REPLICA)

COOPER&BURNETT

Great stuff as usual' date=' C&B!![/quote']Thanks!It's about time I posted this thread, right? :)

Eingefügtes Bildwas there an option to have them install a new suspension and motor on it when it went in for the fitting of that custom body and upholstery? I thought that almost all corvettes from back then had a leaf spring suspension and one of two motors, a standard 350 ci and a california 305. Unless there talking about converting one of the the pre 1972 C3 models which had a 454 ci big block.http://www.web-cars.com/corvette/1981.phphttp://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1658545_1658533_1658522,00.html

I'm not 100% sure, but from what I can tell from a number of kit car makers, they can do anything you wish, if you've got the money to spend. I'd say yes.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Eingefügtes Bild

cooper do you have a blown up version of this? I think that's the MV car in the photo thereand besides the story about that real daytona from the pilot getting damaged somehow do you know of any other shots of it from the pilot besides the shots I took of it for the glossary?

cooper do you have a blown up version of this? I think that's the MV car in the photo thereand besides the story about that real daytona from the pilot getting damaged somehow do you know of any other shots of it from the pilot besides the shots I took of it for the glossary?
Unhappily' date=' I don't have a larger photo of this. This is actually a rare case, as most of the stuff posted on this thread, I own, and could easily copy or enlarge. I think I found it online, but [u']IF I find it actually came from one of my car magazines (they are in storage), I'll make certain to post a larger photo of it. I don't know of any other photos either.I'm bummed, because I really want to help you.

Hmm the odd thing is what it says there, the STUNT car, not the camera car (the survivor) so that may be the last known shot of it before roberts took the thing apart trying to make a stunt car for the testa and the dash from here looks more square than the camera car but dont worry about it and thanks anyways.

Hmm the odd thing is what it says there' date=' the STUNT car, not the camera car (the survivor) so that may be the last known shot of it before roberts took the thing apart trying to make a stunt car for the testa and the dash from here looks more square than the camera car but dont worry about it and thanks anyways.[/quote']If I find something, I'll post it here, o.k.? :thumbsup:

Hmm the odd thing is what it says there' date=' the STUNT car, not the camera car (the survivor) so that may be the last known shot of it before roberts took the thing apart trying to make a stunt car for the testa and the dash from here looks more square than the camera car but dont worry about it and thanks anyways.[/quote'] The photo in the ad is the Camera Car. The Stunt Car was long gone by the time Carl ran this ad. The tag number is the give-away )among other things).

post-109-13892963632159_thumb.jpg

post-109-13892963632319_thumb.jpg

ah my mistake then, I saw stuntcar and then looked at the dash from that odd angle far away and it looked kinda square, and you cant really see the tag on the first one.actually technically Carl's right though, I think the camera car was used much more than the stuntcar, even for the stunts.hmm maybe it was only really used for dangerous stunts like in that scene from no one lives forever where he drove up the sidewalk and blocked the caddie, sort of like the detomaso in S3, although I really cant remember any stunts like that in S2.

• 1 year later...

I know I'm probably upsetting people for bumping up all these old threads, but this is the first I've really did some digging into this site (which is a great site BTW!). I had signed up over a year ago, I just never got around to really posting anything till now.Anywho, can people still get their hands on the McBurnie built bodies? I mean, are the molds for these cars still out there? If not the McBurnie then are there other options? I've built a couple Corvettes for people, and knew the Vice cars were based on the C3. It might be something I'd be interested in doing. I'm presently lining myself up to build a KARR replica from Knight Rider, and the Vice Daytona would be a cool thing to have sitting next to KARR eventually.Ripper

I know I'm probably upsetting people for bumping up all these old threads' date=' but this is the first I've really did some digging into this site (which is a great site BTW!). I had signed up over a year ago, I just never got around to really posting anything till now.Anywho, can people still get their hands on the McBurnie built bodies? I mean, are the molds for these cars still out there? If not the McBurnie then are there other options? I've built a couple Corvettes for people, and knew the Vice cars were based on the C3. It might be something I'd be interested in doing. I'm presently lining myself up to build a KARR replica from Knight Rider, and the Vice Daytona would be a cool thing to have sitting next to KARR eventually.Ripper[/quote']Actually I'm glad you did as I had not seen it and has some good photos and info. :thumbsup:On your questions, you might ask Stinger390x as he has recently been looking into both turnkey cars and partially built MCB kits for sale. I don't know of the molds being out there anymore. You can also of course buy completed McBurnies as they show up from time to time on Ebay motors and kitcars.com. However our resident experts jurassicnarc and CameraDaytona would tell you that not too many McBurnies were built, likely fewer than 50 apparently.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cool. Interesting grill on the last one. Different.

I think that is the light reflecting in the etching on the Plexiglas cover--interesting though.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
On 7/1/2009 at 7:43 PM, COOPER&BURNETT said:

Eingefügtes Bild

The rear backup light and tailpipes match the position on my car.

On 7/1/2009 at 7:43 PM, COOPER&BURNETT said:

Eingefügtes Bild

The wire wheels and spinners match mine perfectly.

On 7/1/2009 at 7:44 PM, COOPER&BURNETT said:

Eingefügtes Bild

On 7/1/2009 at 7:42 PM, COOPER&BURNETT said:

Eingefügtes Bild

Only thing missing here are my original rounded chrome mirrors and the chrome Ferrari horse which is mounted on the vertical face of the trunk. 

On 7/1/2009 at 7:42 PM, COOPER&BURNETT said:

Eingefügtes Bild

If the chrome horse on the grill is removable it may have been moved to the rear deck on mine. 

Overall I was struck by the similarity to my car, and I'm wondering where/when these photos were taken.

• Like 1