I'll BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW......

COOPER&BURNETT

Remember the scene is GOLDEN TRIANGLE (SCORE) when Crockett is dressed as a geek at the poolside when he busts Candy?

dork.jpg

She asks, "Where you from"? Crockett replies, "Witchita."

DON JOHNSON at the age of 6 moved with his family to, yep you gussed it, WITCHITA, KANSAS. He went to High School in Witchiata also. Be honest. Did it ever cross your mind? Did you make this connection? Even if you knew where he lived, did you put two and two together? Or ...did you just not know? I don't believe there is any way that this could be JUST a coincidence considering how many cities and towns are in the U.S..

dork2.jpgdork3.jpgdork4.jpg

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

I knew he moved to Wichita from Flat Creek, because I've visited his Wikipedia page way too many times :) I think he mentioned this in a couple of interviews as well.I didn't make the connection at first though. I figured it out after watching Golden Triangle for the fifth or sixth time.

Cool detail! That meshes with the Kansas shirt he wears in the final scene of the series finale.

That's right!I know he was and is a very big football fan, and actually wanted to play football. His character was a college football player...and he played the same position that Don liked to play,...wide reciever. He fit in a few things, didn't he?

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

• Administrators

Maybe it was a non written part of the script and the director just wanted him to go with it. Obviously they liked it as it stayed in the ep.Some actors are given some leeway to come up with some of the script sometimes.

Yes. I posted what John Diehl wrote for his back story for his character, Larry Zito in another thread. Michael Talbott also did the same thing, but his has not been published.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

• Administrators

Yep, they were allowed some personal license to develope their characters. As was Martin's...He won out in the fight with DJ over the closing of the office door in the begining.

Yes Coop I noticed it straight away when I watched Golden Triangle that he said he was from Wichita, I thought it was very cute

Can you believe it or not, I had noticed about Wichita! :D C&B is right, no way it could be an accident... And - Timm, you mentioned the fight between DJ and EJO over the door... can you please help me out? I've seen and heard EJO telling about it in "E! True Hollywood Story", but couldn't find that moment in the show (and I tried, believe me)... I saw Crockett sitting on Castillo's desk, LOL, but knocking at the closed door - not really... EJO told that after that fight he didn't look at Don in front of the camera during 8 shows... :eek: And I didn't see it either, to me Castillo looked at Crockett all right... Maybe I got something wrong? :confused:

Thanks for the information Coop. Maybe I will start calling you Eagle Eye...lol. That is awesome that he (D.J.) fit that in there. I always assumed that he said a midwest town since to a lot of the public, people from the midwest would really be wowed by a city like Miami. No offense to any Vicers from the midwest! :)

I'll bet you didn't know.... When FRIDAY NIGHT VIDEOS was hosted by PMT, Phil said that they sometime put in things from thier every day life into the show.

For example: PMT mentioned that one time DON was talking about a really fat woman, and said, "Man, that woman is so big, she could kick start a 747." Phil goes on to say that he then took that and changed that line around a bit and added it into the show. (It appears at the begining of COOL RUNN'IN) The line that ened up in the show was, "Crockett, that woman was so fine, she could kick start a 747."   True story.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

• 5 years later...

I'll bet you didn't know..."Heroes of the Revolution" was Saudra's favorite Gina episode. Her very favorite of all the episodes was the pilot according to her.

Heroes of the Revolution came as a result of Saundra singing the National Anthem during the World Series, (she didn't mention it to anyone, and flew there without asking for permission) and Michael Mann saw her on TV, and was both unhappy at first, but when he heard her sing (she has a beautiful singing voice), he sent her flowers, and told her he would have a show written just to showcase her singing talents. That is how the show came about.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Saudra said she missed out on the chance to star in a STEVEN SPIELBERG movie. She said she asked, begged, and pleaded with MICHAEL MANN to do the movie. Spielberg talked to Mann several times, but the answer was "No". Michael Mann told Saudra (during season 3), "I'm already losing John Diehl, I can't lose you too." 

During the FRENCH TWIST Reuion, John Diehl said he had no idea of this, and never heard the story. "I'm sorry Saundra". Saudra said, "It wasn't your fault. I never told you. I didn't blame you."  John said, "I'm Sorry....  What was the film?" Saudra said, "Batteries not Included". John then said, "Oh, well, now I don't feel that sorry anymore...."  ......."I'm just kidding. I'm really sorry".

• Like 1

Saudra said she missed out on the chance to star in a STEVEN SPIELBERG movie. She said she asked, begged, and pleaded with MICHAEL MANN to do the movie. Spielberg talked to Mann several times, but the answer was "No". Michael Mann told Saudra (during season 3), "I'm already losing John Diehl, I can't lose you too." 

During the FRENCH TWIST Reuion, John Diehl said he had no idea of this, and never heard the story. "I'm sorry Saundra". Saudra said, "It wasn't your fault. I never told you. I didn't blame you."  John said, "I'm Sorry....  What was the film?" Saudra said, "Batteries not Included". John then said, "Oh, well, now I don't feel that sorry anymore...."  ......."I'm just kidding. I'm really sorry".

The first thing you wrote I thought ;( what a shame. The next thing you wrote I thought :D funny. I looked it up, the movie is about an alien invasion demolishing a building. Luis Guzman was there as a bystander. So maybe it wasn't so bad she didn't star in it. Maybe that was the reason they made missing hours to make up for her missing out the movie.

No I'm joking. .

I know I was just joking about that, because the episode was alien related. I remember there was an interview with Dick Wolf talking about the episode I just can't remember what he said.

I STILL can't believe they did an episode like that! Space Aliens?? Seriously? :wuerg: 

Suddenly the aliens have arrived in Miami. I totally agree aliens definitely didn't belong in Miami Vice as "definitely Miami" did. I just watch it as a separate episode with no connection to the others and I also can't take it seriously, to me some of the scenes are just humorous. There are some parts I liked in it. Like Olivia Brown singing a bit of "I feel good."

Olivia Brown was the star in MISSING HOURS, not Saundra. ;) 

I just meant to say, that she did get to be in something, that had to do with aliens anyway. Just too bad they didn't choose another storyline involving Trudy.

Good point summer84. I too watch it as a stand alone episode. Young Chris Rock is funny to see. :) 

Welcome to the site summer84. Have you intoduced yourself in the welcome trainees section?

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php/forum/74-welcome-trainees/

We're starting to get off subject here on this thread, but we all would love to get to know you better. Please, go to the thread above, and tell us about yourself! We all would like to make a new MIAMI VICE friend!

-COOP

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

I'll bet you didn't know... that Michael Talbott felt he was very underpaid, and wasn't paid what he should have for being on MIAMI VICE for five years, so.....he took everything he could take from the show he could, including his characters clothes, paperwork, props, set pieces...anything that wasn't bolted down he took to make up for it. He purchased Switek's car from Universal, and still owns it.

What was the last Item he took from the show?  He got the clipboard from the final show, the final scene, and the final shot of MIAMI VICE!

• Like 1

I'll Bet you didn't know...Michael Talbott mentioned that there was a scene where squibs (little explosive charges to make something look like it was hit by bullets) were put into a couch, and cushions, and fired to make it look like the couch was hit by bullets. After the scene was filmed, Olivia Brown asked the effects dept to remove the fired squibs from the couch, because she wanted it  They removed the spent explosive charges and wires, and she got the couch!   

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT