David Beckham Mls Team Might Get Named "miami Vice"

BlueAir

• Administrators

I wouldn't say this is a good name for a soccer team.People usually name their team after animals, tigers, lions... Not organized crime.

Think he better first check with Universal Home Studios, who own the rights and trademarks associated with the name.

Though I thought I read somewhere that at one time, Miami Vice was the possible name for the team that eventually became the Miami Heat.

Okay I just posted this also and had kittens when I read this and the a****** has to much bloody money and no brains to tarnish a great television show.

• Administrators

Think he better first check with Universal Home Studios, who own the rights and trademarks associated with the name.

Though I thought I read somewhere that at one time, Miami Vice was the possible name for the team that eventually became the Miami Heat.

Miami Heat was founded in 1988, so it may be possible that they originally wanted to name it Miami Vice.

It just goes to show how massive the TV show was back in the day. 

• Administrators

Aye. This 'Chuck Schilken' person seems to type with such kind of grumpiness.

He called it a "cheesy copy show". He is probably some closed minded hipster who thinks everything from the 80s was cheesy. Probably never even seen an episode of Miami Vice. He shouldn't criticise something which he has never seen.

Miami Vice is far from cheesy. It is professional. Though naming a soccer name after a TV show, THAT is cheesy.