BEHIND THE SCENES PHOTOS!

COOPER&BURNETT

1 hour ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Yeah I think Getty and Wikia got it wrong in this case, as the Cop#1 looks much younger than the other Brams photos, and appears taller with darker hair.

Interesting about the Def Miami "Cry" sequence, as I had posted this some time ago asking about this IMDb reference to see if anyone had the original tape.

Looks like IMDb also got it wrong there.

I remember that question being asked, but came across it in another thread. I'll post that one, if I can find it. 

Edit: Here it is and another confirmation about that question: 

This is what the guy on the Blu-ray forum said, who is also a big fan of that episode and Arielle Dombasle: 

Incidentally, the Internet Movie Database states that Godley and Creme's "Cry" was not used for the episode during the original air date, that a Jan Hammer instrumental was used instead, and that the Godley and Creme song was only added for subsequent syndication of the episode. 
This is false. 
I watched and videotaped this episode during its original air date in January of 1986, when I was 13 years old, and I rewatched that VHS tape countless times, so the Godley and Creme song, with its original lyrics intact, was, indeed, present and accounted for during the original air date.
Finally, 
I'm now compelled to purchase the Kino Lorber Blu-ray of Pauline at the Beach (1983), since this movie prominently features Arielle Dombasle.
EDIT: I just ordered Pauline at the Beach. I guess that Crockett is not the only one who fell for Arielle Dombasle's femme fatale.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=13114713&postcount=2213

Well I'm glad that has been cleared up. :thumbsup:   I wish that IMDb, Wikia and Getty had a better control with who wrote what on those sites...

Edited by summer84
  • Like 2

Thanks, I hadn't seen these video clips from ivoryjones. Nice.   Though I had seen the first run of Def Miami, I didn't have any video recordings from back in the day. Thanks for clearing that question up! :thumbsup:  And Definitely Miami is also my favorite episode, so that was indeed an interesting review in the Blu-ray forum. I hadn't thought of it as a film noir story, though it does have the femme fatale and cynical, hard-boiled detective, so that was a great observation. In the series thread in here there were quite a few negative reviews of that ep, indicating a lack of substance in favor of visuals and style. But I thought differently about the ep with its dual plotlines and how Crockett played out the role as Burnett, even though his cynicism led him to see through the facade of Callies' scam early on. Yes it had great visuals, and I also could not forget the pool scene, and the music was excellent, but to me it was one of the defining eps of the series.

• Like 2

I missed those clips the first time around too, when that thread was created. I just watched some of them today.

It's not one of my personal favorite episodes, but it does have a great story, visuals and music. Especially like the Jan Hammer music and "Cry" song. Which was also on repeat first time, I heard it. :radio:  It's definitely one of the most memorable episodes for that season and overall. 

And I guess it's more an episode for the guys. ;)

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, summer84 said:

And I guess it's more an episode for the guys. ;)

Something to do with the creative uses for a large bottle of Perrier and an ice cube. ;):)

• Like 1

On 4/1/2017 at 9:49 AM, summer84 said:

Regarding the episode "Definitely Miami," while I was browsing through the Blu-ray forum according to a user there, it's false info that Godley and Creme's "Cry" song wasn't used on the orginal broadcast. Which it says for that episode on IMDb trivia. 

It's unbelievable the amount of false information about MV on imdb and other sites.

I would mention imdb wrong listing "Andres Carranza" as co-creator of the TV show (I've submitted correction to imdb and they have changed that), also the info that the first NBC airing of "Duty and Honor" had the name "The Savage" (also contacted imdb on that, and they've changed it). I also had a hard time to prove Barbra Streisand had a cameo on "Badge of Dishonor" (now it's there). I had to put pics on it and submit the change half dozen times.

Currently, I'm trying to make imdb believe that Brian Brucker O'Connor didn't play the kid Alex/José Daniel on "Baby Blues", as he was on his mid-'30s in 1986 (he did play the role of homicide detective Patterson). I've been submitting and re-submitting this for maybe 2 months, even with pics of him, but they just don't care... The issue is that wrong imdb info appears in thousands of other sites automatically, including Amazon...

Also trying to make them change "Delivery Us From Evil". Imdb insists Julie Brams played Hackman's wife, whereas Mary Fanaro (also seen on "Vote of Confidence") played Julia. That's wrong, Julie Brams played Julia and Mary Fanaro played Hackman's wife. They just don't seem to believe me as well. It's funny that something like that was also happening on the other Hackman episode, "Forgive Us our debts", as until maybe a month ago, they stated that Olga Karlatos played Albierro's wife, whereas Gy Mirano played Felicia. That was wrong as well, as Karlatos played Felicia and Mirano played Albierro's wife. Now it's correct. It's crazy, correct information is supposed to be part of their job!!!!

I get the feeling that internet in general was a little more reliable years ago. Perhaps less sources of information but with better verification procedures. I wonder what have happened. My theory is that every one now can change information, about every subject, not only Miami Vice. So an information posted by Michael Mann himself (about Miami Vice) or by someone who's started to watch Miami Vice a week ago will have pretty much the same weight, and it shouldn't 

Edited by ivoryjones
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:54 PM, summer84 said:

Richard Brams also had the part of cop number 1 in the episode "Definitely Miami." Photo from GettyImages. 

TBzaJaK.jpg

Edit: Richard Brams is credited on IMDb for being in "One Way Ticket" too, where he plays a Range Safety officer and there he looks like the guy  in the group photo, than this image from "Definitely Miami."

cv7lj5Y.jpg

"One Way Ticket" screenshot

Yes, this was covered some years ago on a taboo site.wp7330c651.png

• Like 4

10 hours ago, C Glide said:

Yes, this was covered some years ago on a taboo site.wp7330c651.png

Very interesting info. Thanks for sharing! They only got his first name wrong. 

So Dick is short for Richard, didn't know that. Richard, Rick and Dick, makes sense now. :) 

Long name shortened and made rhymes of in the middle age, I've read. Still I would have preferred the nickname Rick.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/4/2017 at 9:45 AM, Susanna Girl said:

Who is the dude in the hat?  

A coorinator/boat handler for the stunt show

On 5/4/2017 at 9:45 AM, Susanna Girl said:

Who is the dude in the 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

2qunml1.jpg

sbkisl.jpg

Some rare pics on location. With Assistant Director Marty Eli Schwartz. 

1767035265_MV5BMTI4MTc5MjkyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjM0OTkxMg@@._V1_SY1000_CR0012421000_AL_.thumb.jpg.3946540e57b8d5987ff786534ee01599.jpg

Edited by summer84
Tinypics image is no longer available had to repost.
  • Like 3

On 27/12/2017 at 12:04 AM, summer84 said:

Thanks Matt!  :cheers::hippie:

Marty Eli Schwartz was first Assistant Director on 15 MV episodes. Most of them from S1 and S2. 

Yes he was an accomplished part of the production team in Season 1 and 2 before the change around in personnel at the beginning of Season 3 in the summer of 1986. I also liked Chip Chalmers work as an assistant director on Miami Vice in Season 5.

I always enjoy his photos and updates:hippie::xmas:

• 8 months later...
On 8/18/2009 at 10:29 PM, COOPER&BURNETT said:

I'm running low on BEHIND THE SCENES PHOTOS as they are SOOOO RARE.So this is amoung the last for the time being.Eingefügtes Bild

What episode is this from?  DJ in a purple shirt makes me think Season 3.  The guy in the white top and black pants looks like an actor rather than a crew member.

23 minutes ago, airtommy said:

What episode is this from?  DJ in a purple shirt makes me think Season 3.  The guy in the white top and black pants looks like an actor rather than a crew member.

DJ often wore those jean looking pants behind the scenes - I know there was a photo similar I’ve seen from behind the scenes of Season 3s “By Hooker By Crook” but from the Port of Miami where DJ wore the same pants.

Edited by Matt5

7 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

That’s def season 3. He only wears that shirt in a handful of scenes. One of our costume experts could probably sus it out. 

Im no expert but with the color of the tee shirt and his hair length I would say around the time of “By Hooker By Crook” (see above for more details).

• Like 1

This is a photo from Lend me an ear, first ep filmed in early January 1987. The actor who played Leon (Dykstra‘s thug with the knife, he is standing in front of the Ferrari with white shirt and black pants) gave us two or three of his private pics several years ago. This was among them.

DJ did not wear that purple shirt in this scene (they are rehearsing the scene where Crockett and Tubbs frisk the new sweeper at the end of the episode at the back door of his bug van. Part of the doors of the van can be seen in this pic),

Location of this pic is the driveway of Dykstras villa at 1727 W27 at Sunset island2.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 2/2/2012 at 10:39 PM, C Glide said:

I know I posted 1 or 2 of these elswhere about 5 years ago but they maybe new to some people so I thought I would post them here since this is really where they belong. Inside the Clay hotel there are numerous historical pictures of Miami nicely framed and hung on the walls. Amoung them are framed pictures that someone associated with the hotel took while Vice was filming Freefall (Their date is wrong). I took them quickly and they are framed behind glass but they are still of some interest I believe.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

I've looked for these in the Clay Hotel but I didn't see them.  Maybe I didn't look hard enough or they have been taken down.  ;(

CGlide posted more of these on this page  http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/1001-behind-the-scenes-photos/&page=21