BEHIND THE SCENES PHOTOS!

COOPER&BURNETT

AWESOME!!!

There are two different versions of this jacket in MIAMI VICE, one is all grey stripes, and mine is the version that has the blue stripes which he wore in NO EXIT, and GIVE A LITTLE, TAKE A LITTLE (Which the scenes were cut, but I posted photos of the scenes where he wore it in the scrapbook section) Don looked great in that jacket! Would have liked to have seen it in more episodes.

zrarejacket_zpse2030caa.jpg

P.S., I'll always forgive you! ;)  :)

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

AWESOME!!!

There are two different versions of this jacket in MIAMI VICE, one is all grey stripes, and mine is the version that has the blue stripes which he wore in NO EXIT, and GIVE A LITTLE, TAKE A LITTLE (Which the scenes were cut, but I posted photos of the scenes where he wore it in the scrapbook section) Don looked great in that jacket! Would have liked to have seen it in more episodes.

Yes - know about you own the blue striped one and... below us... that is the nicer one with both too. ;) Good catch !!!

(ssshhhht - Thank YOU !!! )

Here two great shots more about PMT.

20867397te.jpg

20867398ew.jpg

Edited by bluepearl
  • Like 2

AWESOME!!!

zrarejacket_zpse2030caa.jpg

This jacket is iconic!  You're so lucky to have it.  Like bluepearl says, it's synonymous with Sonny Crockett.   :thumbsup:

Thank you!   :D

Susanna Girl, it looks great on DON! It also looks great in the right environment in Sunny palm tree covered South Florida in Miami. Can you imagine someone wearing it in East Los Angeles, Oakland California, or anywhere in Alaska or Montana? :D   I'm going to spend the day here today, so I'll be available to anyone. 

I miss Elvis great image glad he made it in the shot.I bet Elvis had many fans and a few girlfriends and broke some hearts.

WONDERFUL PICTURE OF ELVIS ON BOAT!

elvisonboat_zpsbf9c30d4.png

• 1 month later...

I like like like like this !!!!

:D  :fireworks:  :glossy:  :balloon:  :dance2:  =)

21199393tb.jpg

Who else ?? 

Me of course!!!

Now that is a fantastic picture!

You can feel the harmony between 'em!

• Like 1

That still of Don, Philip and EJO is really awesome!!! It's a photo of them when they were filming, RITES OF PASSAGE. It was a nightime shoot, so they were in costume when the sun was out, and they were setting up before they filmed their scenes.

Outstanding!!! 

• Like 1

A little bit of make up in the Johnson condo at set.

21245386kv.jpg

21245387lx.jpg

Now I wonder, why they have chosen such a matured MAN for that job :p :p ??

Make up artist is Mr. Vince Callaghan in this.

• Like 5

Today I've read a comment by Mr. Darel Collins.

He told about images he has taken during MV in 1988 where he got the chance to observe the set when they have taken the scene with Mirror Image where Burnett shots Tubbs.

I invited him to share the images with us and he has done. I am very thankful about this !!!!

You are great Darel !! :D

I want to quote his comment which drew my attention also and hope Darel will not mind it:

****Darel Collins: I love Miami Vice. I was in Miami in 1988 with a buddy. We were in the right place at the right time, and watched them film a night scene in an alleyway between two buildings. The episode was Mirror Image and Crockett had amnesia and thought he was Burnett. he met Tubbs in the alleyway and shot him. Tubbs was wearing a bullet proof vest though. I also snapped a couple of pictures of Don Johnson earlier during the day, after they exited out of the same building from filming inside. I was across the street from where he came out.***

Enjoy the 4 images he could take and read his comments please !

It is definitely great. :D

I am very grateful these images got shared with DJTGF by Darel Collins !!!

Because MVforum does not allow to work with HTMLcodes I have had to copy the images and

texts with Darel.

I emphasize with this the full credit and ownership with the images to Darel Collins.

21271469fk.jpg

THANKS & CREDITS TO and Quote by Darel Collins:

This is the picture that I snapped of Don, when I yelled out his name. When I yelled out his name, he turned and waved at someone yelling. I wish I could say it was to me personally, but I know it was to someone yelling his name. It's still pretty cool though. Love ya Don, you're a great actor, and one of my favs.

The same alleyway that is seen behind Don, is the same one used in the night scene that my buddy and I watched them film. We were to the right side of the picture, inside that building's laundromat, watching the filming through a window that faced the alleyway. We were mere feet from the actors as they filmed.

21271471an.jpg

I snapped this shot just as we saw Don walking from behind the truck in the picture. The other shot is when I yelled his name and snapped him waving. During the night scene, before the director said action, Don was standing behind the building at the corner, but not in the alleyway. he was behind the building that did not face the alleyway. There is where he waited for his cue to walk into the alleyway. My buddy and I, and a couple other people, were quietly running from one breezeway to the other, watching the crew setting things up. This is before we were allowed to go inside the laundromat to watch the filming from the window. So while we stood there at the breezeway that faced toward Don was standing, we waved to him, and he waved back to us. We were all very quiet so we would not be told to leave. This area is located a little further into the alleyway, which is out of this picture shot. This was in March of 1988. I then watched the episode, Mirror Image later on tv around April, maybe May.

21271470dl.jpg

This is one of two shots that I got of Antonio Vargas,(aka Huggy Bear, from the 70's tv show, Starsky and Hutch). We were standing on an elevated concrete porch of some sort, at the hotel across the street from him, also where I snapped the pictures of Don. The few people that were standing there near us, didn't even recognize him at all; and it was a small group of black women. I am glad I am old enough to remember the tv show, Starsky and Hutch, as a teen back then, and to know who Huggy Bear was, played by Antonio Vargas.

21271468un.jpg

And lastly, here is the last picture that I was able to take of them. I regret that Phillip Michael Thomas was not outside anywhere, so that I could've snapped a couple of pictures of him. Miami Vice was my favorite show from the 80's.. The music was awesome; cheers to Jan Hammer, and all of the other great songs used in the show. Cheers to the creators of the show, with the cool art deco areas of Miami for the backgrounds and outdoor scenes. But most of all, cheers to the awesome cast, Don Johnson, Phillip Michael Thomas, Saundra Santiago, Olivia Brown, Michael Talbott, Edward James Olmos, and John Diehl. Not to mention the cast of supporting characters as well.

Cheers to Miami Vice, very few shows after you, had what it takes to even come close to you.

Only as... reminder ;)

Had fun to make these stillshots to verify that Alley :D

21271854sk.jpg

21271857ll.jpg

21271858ys.jpg

21271856na.jpg

21271855rj.jpg

• Like 6

This is just fantastic bluepearl!  These greats shots bring that episode all back to me and how cool DJ was during those episodes.  Please give a big THANK YOU to Mr. Collins for sharing these with us.  And thank you also bp, for the screen shots that take us to that alley again.  Awesome stuff!     :D  :cool:  :fireworks:

• Like 1

Outstanding BluePearl!!  :clap:  :dance2:  :tasse: 

You sure bring fun and excitement to this site!!  :fireworks:  :fireworks:  :fireworks: 

• Like 2

Great pics and of course the story behind them! Very rare stuff who else can tell he was on the set of VICE on this very day...

Thank you mr Collins and thanks you bluepearl!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hmm, always thought this looked more like a later S2 look, with the longer hairstyle (but not overly long as in the latter seasons) and yet still wearing the pastels. (referring to this post from p 13 in this thread)

donjohnwithpress.jpg

This is a great thread!! I've recently gotten back into Vice & love all these photos. It always looks like they had fun working on the series.

I'm pretty sure this pic is from season 4. The hair is one clue but mostly it's the style of the jacket. It's much bulkier than any he wore in season 2. It almost looks like a regular business suit jacket. That was an odd season for me but I'd need to go back & watch it. Haven't seen it in years.

• Like 1