BEHIND THE SCENES PHOTOS!

COOPER&BURNETT

Nice vintage photo recently surfaced of one of the season 2 Scarabs from back in the day, compliments of Drew Blood.
Based on the location of the snaps for the cockpit cover and how close the antenna is to the horns, I able to identify it as Star 1, the sister to our boat.

"St. Vidas Dance" can be seen in the top left of the pic.
A camera barge is moored in the slip next to it where the Scarab would usually be, most likely in preparation to shoot a scene on board.

The boy to the right looks dressed to play the part

13256303_1027225830657922_2320147158573004254_n.jpg

• Like 4

A fan of our page, Jef de Jong, posted these pics from 30 years ago of the 87 model Scarabs used in seasons 3/4.
Both 87 models are still missing and this is the first pic I've seen of either of them outside of show footage or promotional photos.
An old pic and location info from a total stranger half way across the world is usually how the amazing journey in finding these boats normally start.
The boats were racked stored at Keystone Marina, when not in production use.
Note that the drives have been removed from the boat on the right.

The Black and Purple 34' Scarab III, appeared in several episodes as a villain boat.
The crew dubbed it "The Grape Ape"

Based on the Scarab logo placement on the fairing in the 3rd pic, this boat appeared in the episodes "Baseballs of Death", "Gods Work" and the July 87 cover of Boating Magazine

12957635_1001597363220769_3526301747681247621_o.jpg

12961225_1001597359887436_5370631081937641718_o.jpg

12971059_1001040579943114_4909039454348268014_o.jpg

Edited by Scarab KV
  • Like 3

Just received this pic from Tom Bahr. Tom was Michael Talbott's stunt double and all around stunt man for the show.
The pic is of him driving our Star 2 back in 86

15676303_1297273136962859_5682453201310951015_o.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Matt5 posted this in another thread:

Here is another from Facebook posted today by someone to Sandra Santiago's and John Diehl Facebook page - it was from a radio station up in Fort Lauderdale who posted this set picture .

From a location point of view it's interesting as the photo was posted by a radio station up in Lauderdale this location with the cast and crew was taken up there? Don't recognise the building from a Miami Vice episode at all.

Looks like Season 1 or 2- great pic though

IMG_2620.thumb.JPG.a0c55602acca5b4e17dfa

I wonder if we can find out which episode this is from.  Does anybody recognize the clothes they're wearing?

trying to think what episode Don would have worn that blue jacket. from his hairstyle i'm thinking late season 1 or season2, also PMTs clothing

the building won't tell much because no telling where they were set up there for a shot.

10 minutes ago, AzVice said:

trying to think what episode Don would have worn that blue jacket. from his hairstyle i'm thinking late season 1 or season2, also PMTs clothing

the building won't tell much because no telling where they were set up there for a shot.

If you go by the building, it kinda looks like they're setting up for EVAN, because Tubbs is wearing that outfit during that gas station scene. But...Oh, I'm just clueless.

56 minutes ago, Crockettt said:

It looks like Frankie & Johnnie's nightclub in Fort Lauderdale

wp0_wp0_wp0_wp7dd89ecd.png

Isn't that address 1492? Not "100"? Or is the "100" the address in that photo?

If we disregard Crockett's outfit for a moment, what Tubbs wore at one point in "Florence, Italy" looks very similar to the photo above:

tubbs.jpg

So my first thought was that the cast and crew photo was taken during "Florence, Italy". And that it was taken in front of the croissant shop in the episode, where they later get the surveillance video tapes from.

Unfortunately, the front of that building looks entirely different, although it has the same kind of store front on the left hand side:

croissants.png

So unless they really did a major exterior remodeling job for the episode, that kind of puts us back to square one...

• Like 1

i remember the old site had screen caps of the episodes. i'm not going to fast forward through my dvds to find it lol. hopefully we'll solve this.

Edited by AzVice

I looked up Anthony Correa and found, that he also was Stunt Double for EJO and did some stunts uncredited on the episode "Smuggler's Blues." On his website, which I think is his official website there were a lot of behind the scenes photos. 

1. “Miami Vice” {February 17 1989} playing “Decoy” {Miami Squeeze}: {episode # 5.11}
  2. “Miami Vice” {November 4 1988} playing “Suarez” Accountant {Hostile Takeover}: {episode # 5.1}
  3. “Miami Vice” {October 25 {1985} playing “George”  Club owner  {The Dutch oven}: {episode # 2.5}
  4. Miami Vice” { February 1 {1985}  “Stunts” {Smuggler’s Blues}: {episode # 1.15}
  5. “Miami Vice  {1984 – 1989} playing “Stunt Double” {Edward James Olmos} Lt. Castillo
  6. Heart Beat  {1986} Michael Mann / HBO Prod. “Heartbeat” {August 1986} playing “Soldier” Music Video for HBO

KZxBicv.jpg

Edit: This image must also be from the episode "Miami Squeeze", because they were wearing those outfits in that episode. 

3U9POYP.jpgzV8NVgW.pngEdit: Added these two pics. Miami_Vice_Limo. "Miami Squeeze" episode. 

JJydihx.jpg

Casting_Directors,_Alexandetr_Hotel_Cheryl,_Lori,_and_Me 

mYwDpMG.jpg

Casting_Directors___Note_from_Dee

cP3s9PF.jpg

mNbhugL.jpg

MzoMEip.jpg

Edit: This image, I think was taken during shooting of the episode "Miami Squeeze" as well. Again because of the outfit worn. 

aRK484b.jpg

Last_Ccall_Sheet

NXtVlkK.jpg

Don_Jonson's_Heartbeat_Video

I would have resized some of these pictures, but "tinypic" didn't work for me.  

In the credits list, I noticed Anthony had a role on "Magic City," that was unfortunately canceled after two seasons and apparently did voice over for Miami Vice.

http://anthonycorrea.com/videos/

http://anthonycorrea.com 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, summer84 said:

cOYE5JO.jpg

That looks like RB working the camera.  And I'm no expert on Vice clothing, but that's obviously Crockett's outfit in the opening scene of Score a.k.a. Golden Triangle Part 1.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, summer84 said:

JP3X0GS.jpg

Thought I would share these pictures, I came across a while ago.

Cool pics! This one is from the opener of Lend Me An Ear, when C&T were chasing the bad guys in this little boat with no windscreen. Must have been soaked at the end of shooting. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Cool pics! This one is from the opener of Lend Me An Ear, when C&T were chasing the bad guys in this little boat with no windscreen. Must have been soaked at the end of shooting. :)

Yeah, I always hated that boat because it looked so dinky.  It took me many years to figure out that they had used it for that scene only because they needed something small enough to fit into that tiny canal under the low bridges.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, airtommy said:

Yeah, I always hated that boat because it looked so dinky.  It took me many years to figure out that they had used it for that scene only because they needed something small enough to fit into that tiny canal under the low bridges.

Cool....I never thought of that as the reason. I'm betting DJ and or stunt doubles hated those scenes, especially when they were closely following the other boat with the water streams in their faces because he must have felt like he was being hosed down. :) 

3 hours ago, airtommy said:

That looks like RB working the camera.  And I'm no expert on Vice clothing, but that's obviously Crockett's outfit in the opening scene of Score a.k.a. Golden Triangle Part 1.

Yes you're right. :thumbsup: Taking a closer look at the picture, I just noticed the actress and her blue dress next to the camera. 

Here is that exact scene: 

jTkmJ7R.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/02/2017 at 2:25 PM, summer84 said:

I looked up Anthony Correa and found, that he also was Stunt Double for EJO and did some stunts uncredited on the episode "Smuggler's Blues." On his website, which I think is his official website there were a lot of behind the scenes photos. 

1. “Miami Vice” {February 17 1989} playing “Decoy” {Miami Squeeze}: {episode # 5.11}
  2. “Miami Vice” {November 4 1988} playing “Suarez” Accountant {Hostile Takeover}: {episode # 5.1}
  3. “Miami Vice” {October 25 {1985} playing “George”  Club owner  {The Dutch oven}: {episode # 2.5}
  4. Miami Vice” { February 1 {1985}  “Stunts” {Smuggler’s Blues}: {episode # 1.15}
  5. “Miami Vice  {1984 – 1989} playing “Stunt Double” {Edward James Olmos} Lt. Castillo
  6. Heart Beat  {1986} Michael Mann / HBO Prod. “Heartbeat” {August 1986} playing “Soldier” Music Video for HBO

KZxBicv.jpg

Edit: This image must also be from the episode "Miami Squeeze", because they were wearing those outfits in that episode. 

3U9POYP.jpgzV8NVgW.pngEdit: Added these two pics. Miami_Vice_Limo. "Miami Squeeze" episode. 

JJydihx.jpg

Casting_Directors,_Alexandetr_Hotel_Cheryl,_Lori,_and_Me 

mYwDpMG.jpg

Casting_Directors___Note_from_Dee

cP3s9PF.jpg

mNbhugL.jpg

MzoMEip.jpg

Edit: This image, I think was taken during shooting of the episode "Miami Squeeze" as well. Again because of the outfit worn. 

aRK484b.jpg

Last_Ccall_Sheet

NXtVlkK.jpg

Don_Jonson's_Heartbeat_Video

I would have resized some of these pictures, but "tinypic" didn't work for me.  

In the credits list, I noticed Anthony had a role on "Magic City," that was unfortunately canceled after two seasons and apparently did voice over for Miami Vice.

http://anthonycorrea.com/videos/

http://anthonycorrea.com 

This is a great post - thankyou !

• Like 1