BEHIND THE SCENES PHOTOS!

COOPER&BURNETT

vor 2 Stunden schrieb airtommy:

I've looked for these in the Clay Hotel but I didn't see them.  Maybe I didn't look hard enough or they have been taken down.  ;(

CGlide posted more of these on this page  http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/1001-behind-the-scenes-photos/&page=21

I remember that the pics were originally (in and shortly after VICE when I lived in SoBe) hanging prominently somewhere in the entrance area and easy to find if you just stepped in briefly from the street. Obviously they moved them further and further away from entrance and now they are gone?

11 hours ago, Tom said:

I remember that the pics were originally (in and shortly after VICE when I lived in SoBe) hanging prominently somewhere in the entrance area and easy to find if you just stepped in briefly from the street. Obviously they moved them further and further away from entrance and now they are gone?

When I first visited The Clay in 2003 they were quite prominent opposite the reception desk in the lobby- a few years later by 2010/11 they were moved to another spot in the reception but I couldn’t see them there in 2017 at all. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

10259863_10201321165426111_5534151902111003535_n.thumb.jpg.58b554d57dd1c83fb6fb3599e8c81932.jpg

This photo looks like it was taken at the Atlantis Building. Edit: I'm 100% sure it was. Credit to Ana V. DJ and PMT also had a promo shoot at the Pink House. 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 3

They were probably residents and/or bystanders in a neighborhood location. 

Many Crockett costume or location experts got an answer? :radar:

• Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 5:01 PM, Dadrian said:

They were probably residents and/or bystanders in a neighborhood location. 

Many Crockett costume or location experts got an answer? :radar:

I want to say The Good Collar. Season 3, Episode 5.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, codemaster94 said:

I want to say The Good Collar. Season 3, Episode 5.

That purple shirt had buttons:

goodcollarshirt.jpg

Edited by airtommy
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2018 at 7:34 PM, Voodoo Vice Dealer said:

Similar look from Baby Blues but the neck doesn't match I guess. 

I think this might be it.  The neck looks fairly large there.  Notice the pleated pants:

pleats1.png.900757dca2e972b92c075574d23b73d5.png pleats2.png.ef018b3f1465a0fab1670405ead59fe4.png

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Also, is the purple shirt in Baby Blues ever exposed as sleeveless? Look closely at the behind the scenes photo. 

I think that's a shadow, but it's tough to say since the resolution is poor.  I don't see the arms getting exposed in Baby Blues. 

He only wears this outfit in the one scene.  That was filmed at 5960 SW 57th Avenue, but there's nothing around there that matches the behind the scenes photo.  Maybe it was from a deleted scene or maybe he wears this outfit in a different episode.

• Like 2

On 11/5/2018 at 6:23 AM, airtommy said:

I think that's a shadow, but it's tough to say since the resolution is poor.  I don't see the arms getting exposed in Baby Blues. 

He only wears this outfit in the one scene.  That was filmed at 5960 SW 57th Avenue, but there's nothing around there that matches the behind the scenes photo.  Maybe it was from a deleted scene or maybe he wears this outfit in a different episode.

I posted the same image in another post about the same purple shirt used in The Band Of The Hand (1986) months before the Baby Blues episode release and it had short sleeves.

Source: 

Although I would say the shirt in the BTS picture is sleeveless. 

5a413b5e1bb88_BandoftheHand(1986).mkv_005033918.jpg.758c7379b91af4afb26882f57e36b4d6.jpg

5a413b6776de4_BandoftheHand(1986).mkv_005250208.jpg.b31956db4dc16b847c6386178bd4d0fd.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Voodoo Vice Dealer said:

I posted the same image in another post about the same purple shirt used in The Band Of The Hand (1986) months before the Baby Blues episode release and it had short sleeves.

Although I would say the shirt in the BTS picture is sleeveless.

Awesome detective work!  I've had Band of the Hand on my list of movies to watch for years.

1 hour ago, airtommy said:

Awesome detective work!  I've had Band of the Hand on my list of movies to watch for years.

I’ve watched it 2 or 3 time. Very enjoyable for any real MV fan. 

• 1 month later...

They often reused clothes in VICE. I remember that Ray Monday in „leap of faith“ wore the same pink T-Shirt with small holes near the neck as DJ in „Over the line“. Maybe that’s how they tried to save money!

• Like 3

I always joke about how they practically reused everything on the show. Just recently in the opening scene of "Hostile Takeover," I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought, "No they didn't!" A woman is wearing Gina's dress from the S1 promo shoot and also seen in" Give a little," when she meets with Burt Young. :DI guess, they had too with all of the money that was already spent on producing the show. Crockett's t-shirt were also gotten cheap. So they saved where they could. The priority was on Crockett and Tubbs with fashion. Gina and Trudy's fashion improved in S3. And I believe their hooker outfits were found in thrifts shops. Saundra also wore some of her own jewelry on the show. 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, summer84 said:

I always joke about how they practically reused everything on the show. Just recently in the opening scene of "Hostile Takeover," I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought, "No they didn't!" A woman is wearing Gina's dress from the S1 promo shoot and also seen in" Give a little," when she meets with Burt Young. :DI guess, they had too with all of the money that was already spent on producing the show. Crockett's t-shirt were also gotten cheap. So they saved where they could. The priority was on Crockett and Tubbs with fashion. Gina and Trudy's fashion improved in S3. Saundra also wore some of her own jewelry on the show. 

Wow never knew that about the S1 dress worn by Gina!:xmas:

And Oscar Carrera in Hostile Takeover wore the blue white striped T-Shirt that Crockett wore in Love at first sight when he had his marital fight with Caitlin.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 3/13/2015 at 4:32 PM, bluepearl said:

Today I've read a comment by Mr. Darel Collins.

THANKS & CREDITS TO and Quote by Darel Collins:

This is one of two shots that I got of Antonio Vargas,(aka Huggy Bear, from the 70's tv show, Starsky and Hutch). We were standing on an elevated concrete porch of some sort, at the hotel across the street from him, also where I snapped the pictures of Don. The few people that were standing there near us, didn't even recognize him at all; and it was a small group of black women. I am glad I am old enough to remember the tv show, Starsky and Hutch, as a teen back then, and to know who Huggy Bear was, played by Antonio Vargas.

21271468un.jpg

This photo was taken in South Beach at Collins Ave & 10th St:  https://goo.gl/maps/PiUqggK66vC2

• 2 months later...
On 3/2/2017 at 2:19 PM, summer84 said:

33w40n7.jpg

With the MV cast and some of the guest stars, who featured on the show. :fireworks:

Just saw this!! Love this Summer84!! 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Two rare behind the scenes pics from the famous cut out scene with guest star Iggy Pop in „Evan“ (left: Iggy Pop as Thumper, Right: Camille Sands as Dominatrix Velvet). Filming and pics: 12th March 1985, same day as the gas station scene.

9B97CF4D-29D4-4663-AE9C-DD488B74ECA0.jpeg

6C7468F0-566E-4803-B4A4-0FDFF6B43B83.jpeg

Edited by Tom
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...

36820640_199610507422352_251276507601698816_n.jpg.9336918782cf1e5aa267e7ce05b41a46.jpg

Very rare photo from one of my favorite episodes "Bought and Paid For." Picture Credit: Jill Paris

Jill's caption: Miami Vice Season 2, Episode 9 "Bought and Paid For" aired Nov. 29, 1985. Pictured: Director John Nicolella gives Sandra Santiago @therealsaundrasantiagonyc (Gina) and Joaquim de Almeida (spoiled son) his thoughts. I'm one of the rapist's party guests sporting the Captains hat. I had flown to Miami to visit my friend and somehow ended up being an extra for a day. Cue the Jan Hammer soundtrack!

The angle we got to view in the episode:

gina.jpg3.jpg.4d59a5326803011e5830a3e074499825.jpg

Edited by summer84
  • Like 11

20 minutes ago, summer84 said:

I'm one of the rapist's party guests sporting the Captains hat.

Looks like she’s standing next to McIntyre’s driver from “Red Tape”.

Very cool photo, Summer. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 3

Thank you, it's my pleasure! It also shows, that Gina's dress was in reality pink and not orange like on the DVD's. 

Edit: 

gina.jpg.3202c5f3003bd3688c9f154c518e6ecf.jpg

This second screenshot someone shared on Instagram. 

gina.jpg2.jpg.d041cf43844c39898b21201b0f77b867.jpg

Edited by summer84
  • Like 7