Grand Theft Auto:Vice City

agent 47

3 hours ago, Assasinge said:

Yes I have noticed haha, the song is indeed in GTA 5. I personally am not a fan of GTA 5 myself as much as I am of GTA 4, but here is the link for those snooping around: 

Or if you want to see the actual video: 

Which, actually thanks for reminding me this song existed, because I just bought DJ's entire album. Hah!

Still awed that the man himself, the legend Don Johnson, made music! I only discovered it through GTA 5 actually.

IMG_6556.thumb.PNG.f05e8b775db89551f441f46ffc726cce.PNG

Did you know that if he didn't make that album, Season 3 of Irish Eyes are Crying would have been a much better episode? :( 2 hours long and Crockett and Tubbs would have killed Liam Neeson in Ireland :(

16 hours ago, jenny said:

I love this game!  I'm glad they made it available in the Google play store so I can play on my phone!

20170729_070715.png

yes its so great Jenny!:hippie:

3 minutes ago, Detective_Crockett said:

Did you know that if he didn't make that album, Season 3 of Irish Eyes are Crying would have been a much better episode? :( 2 hours long and Crockett and Tubbs would have killed Liam Neeson in Ireland :(

That's right a 2 hour Season Premiere similar to "Prodigal Son" was planned with C&T in Ireland for the episode - but DJs time constraints with recording "Heartbeat" didnt allow for the Ireland episode to come off :hippie:

14 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

That's right a 2 hour Season Premiere similar to "Prodigal Son" was planned with C&T in Ireland for the episode - but DJs time constraints with recording "Heartbeat" didnt allow for the Ireland episode to come off :hippie:

Ah damn! Didn't know that....welp.

• Like 1

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Assasinge said:

Yes I have noticed haha, the song is indeed in GTA 5. I personally am not a fan of GTA 5 myself as much as I am of GTA 4, but here is the link for those snooping around:

I prefer GTA 4 also. More realistic, more gritty, has a much better story, cars handle more realistically. GTA 5 felt messy all over, and their main focus now is milking kids and their parents credit card on GTA Online. RIP Rockstar Games.

Plus in GTA 4 I have ENB, pre-2001 cars mod, the World Trade Center, and a custom playlist full of music from 1999. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James said:

I prefer GTA 4 also. More realistic, more gritty, has a much better story, cars handle more realistically. GTA 5 felt messy all over, and their main focus now is milking kids and their parents credit card on GTA Online. RIP Rockstar Games.

Plus in GTA 4 I have ENB, pre-2001 cars mod, the World Trade Center, and a custom playlist full of music from 1999. :thumbsup:

Now aint that a coincidence? I have the VIVA New York mod installed, Simple ENB Series, the World Trade Centers and the realistic road signs pack (and all this took about 20 minutes to install lol) and even a Agent Smith player mod from the Matrix. God it is fun to use the Simple Native Trainer to go around doing stupid things, always gives me a laugh!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crockettt said:

Crockett & Tubbs on their way to burger shop. ;)

bUW7qBt.jpg

Haha! I actually grabbed that Crockett looking ped model and colored it white, then applied it to Tommy Vercetti so I could be Crockett!

• Like 1

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Assasinge said:

Now aint that a coincidence? I have the VIVA New York mod installed, Simple ENB Series, the World Trade Centers and the realistic road signs pack (and all this took about 20 minutes to install lol) and even a Agent Smith player mod from the Matrix. God it is fun to use the Simple Native Trainer to go around doing stupid things, always gives me a laugh!

Lol nice! Yeah, the roads, signs, vegetation, etc. :D I'm still playing as Nico though. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, James said:

Lol nice! Yeah, the roads, signs, vegetation, etc. :D I'm still playing as Nico though. 

If only I could somehow convert the Sonny Crockett model from the shitty PS2 MV game and get it into GTA IV...

• Administrators

If only I could somehow convert the Sonny Crockett model from the shitty PS2 MV game and get it into GTA IV...

I was thinking the same thing. I wish someone would/could. I don't know about this stuff myself. :p I think the Miami Vice game was also released on PC?

Should be possible to hack in there and take the 3D model, I guess nobody has done it because the game isn't popular at all. 

2 minutes ago, James said:

I was thinking the same thing. I wish someone would/could. I don't know about this stuff myself. :p I think the Miami Vice game was also released on PC?

Should be possible to hack in there and take the 3D model, I guess nobody has done it because the game isn't popular at all. 

That game is awful, I only bought it for the sole purpose of being Vice related, it's just a mindless shoot these guys to get to there game.. Not to mention Crockett wears his sunglasses at night? .-. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Detective_Crockett said:

That game is awful, I only bought it for the sole purpose of being Vice related, it's just a mindless shoot these guys to get to there game.. Not to mention Crockett wears his sunglasses at night? .-. 

Preach man, the game is god awful and I couldn't get through the first mission without almost smashing my computer. Glad I didn't buy it though. :)

8 hours ago, James said:

No ok, thing is, I did download the game on PC to get the models with NinjaRipper, and I did. But the texture models seemed odd as they were missing for some reason, and I did try running them through another program that would give me a 3d view of the ripped files, but the program either didnt bother ripping his entire body or it was missing some things. 

• Administrators

Preach man, the game is god awful and I couldn't get through the first mission without almost smashing my computer. Glad I didn't buy it though. :)

No ok, thing is, I did download the game on PC to get the models with NinjaRipper, and I did. But the texture models seemed odd as they were missing for some reason, and I did try running them through another program that would give me a 3d view of the ripped files, but the program either didnt bother ripping his entire body or it was missing some things. 

Oh damn. :( So maybe it can't be done... But you don't really need the body, just the face. Well for GTA V you just need the face. But you're doing IV aren't you.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

These guys done another fan-made "GTA Vice City Remastered" trailer, with a distinctive piece of music playing. ;) 

Imagine if Rockstar actually made this a thing.

• Like 3

On 9/27/2017 at 10:41 PM, James said:

These guys done another fan-made "GTA Vice City Remastered" trailer, with a distinctive piece of music playing. ;) 

Imagine if Rockstar actually made this a thing.

that would be AWESOME!!

• 4 weeks later...

"Fifteen years. Seems like only yesterday."

Updating the thread today to note the game's Fifteenth Anniversary today. Not a lot of buzz about the anniversary on the internet except for the GTA subreddit and Welcome to the '80's video posted by James above. For a different type of tribute here's videogamedunkeys very funny Vice City video from a couple years ago. 

Happy 15th Anniversary, Vice City! :cake:

• Like 5

I played GTA3 and Vice city again on the PS4 recently. They really are groundbreaking games and still hold up, I prefer the cartoony art style of those PS2 era to the new ones.

If it wasn't for Vice City, I probably never would've gotten into 80s music and Miami Vice.:thumbsup: So Thanks Rockstar.

• Like 3

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

I played GTA3 and Vice city again on the PS4 recently. They really are groundbreaking games and still hold up, I prefer the cartoony art style of those PS2 era to the new ones.

If it wasn't for Vice City, I probably never would've gotten into 80s music and Miami Vice.:thumbsup: So Thanks Rockstar.

Yeah, i was just playing GTA 3 yesterday also. But my original PS2 version, not PS4. The III era games are absolute classics, the graphics are some of the best of that era, even GTA 3 which was released in 2001, it's better than some games from 2005. And the controls are smooth/fluid also, compared to other PS2-era games which felt stiff. 

• Like 4

• Administrators
16 hours ago, agent 47 said:

"Fifteen years. Seems like only yesterday."

Updating the thread today to note the game's Fifteenth Anniversary today. Not a lot of buzz about the anniversary on the internet except for the GTA subreddit and Welcome to the '80's video posted by James above. For a different type of tribute here's videogamedunkeys very funny Vice City video from a couple years ago. 

Happy 15th Anniversary, Vice City! :cake:

Didn't see this comment before. Happy 15th Anniversary to the best game ever made. "You took 15 years from me, Sonny. Now I'm gonna make you pay!" "You still don't get it, do you... I OWN you, Tommy. Those 15 years were mine to spend."

15 years has flown by. Next year is actually the big anniversary. When Vice City came out, it was based 16 years in the past. And next year will mark 16 years since it's release. So, if 2002 was 1986, then 2018 will be 2002. :p 

Just makes you think that when the came came out, the 80s was not that long ago at all. 

• Like 3