Grand Theft Auto:Vice City

agent 47

8 hours ago, James said:

Didn't see this comment before. Happy 15th Anniversary to the best game ever made. "You took 15 years from me, Sonny. Now I'm gonna make you pay!" "You still don't get it, do you... I OWN you, Tommy. Those 15 years were mine to spend."

15 years has flown by. Next year is actually the big anniversary. When Vice City came out, it was based 16 years in the past. And next year will mark 16 years since it's release. So, if 2002 was 1986, then 2018 will be 2002. :p 

Just makes you think that when the came came out, the 80s was not that long ago at all. 

The passage of time does feel kind of weird. I guess as I was born after the eighties had ended it felt a little more distant at the time but it really wasn't and I think that may have helped even more in it's popularity.

Also worth noting this year is the 20th anniversary of the series itself. GTASeriesVideos on Youtube has done a pretty good tribute video. Note it uses a remix of a song from Vice City.

• Like 3

• Administrators
9 hours ago, agent 47 said:

The passage of time does feel kind of weird. I guess as I was born after the eighties had ended it felt a little more distant at the time but it really wasn't and I think that may have helped even more in it's popularity.

Also worth noting this year is the 20th anniversary of the series itself. GTASeriesVideos on Youtube has done a pretty good tribute video. Note it uses a remix of a song from Vice City.

That's a great, well-made video tribute! A nice remix of The Pointer Sisters - Automatic from Fever 105. :p Good choice considering it's one of my favourites in the game lol

I agree, the fact that it was before our time made us feel like the 80s were forever ago, but 2002 feels like last month. Heck, even 1999 when I was playing top-down GTA2, or the year before when I was a 4 year old and we went to my cousins house and he was playing GTA 1 on PC. 

I don't know why people cry about violence in video games causing violence in real life. I've been playing GTA for my whole life and I turned out fine. :) 

Thank you, Sam & Dan Houser for creating such a wonderful video game series!

• Like 2

On 10/27/2017 at 1:00 PM, Vincent Hanna said:

I played GTA3 and Vice city again on the PS4 recently. They really are groundbreaking games and still hold up, I prefer the cartoony art style of those PS2 era to the new ones.

If it wasn't for Vice City, I probably never would've gotten into 80s music and Miami Vice.:thumbsup: So Thanks Rockstar.

Same here!:thumbsup:

I have Vice City on Steam and you can download a multiplayer client that, well, let’s you play Multiplayer with other people. Would love to play it with anyone here.

1 hour ago, Assasinge said:

I have Vice City on Steam and you can download a multiplayer client that, well, let’s you play Multiplayer with other people. Would love to play it with anyone here.

oo!  oo!  Me! me!

wait...What's Steam?

• Administrators
On 02/11/2017 at 4:51 AM, jenny said:

I saw the site!   Cool!        Do I install steam first?

You don't have to. As I said - Any copy of the game will work with this. 

On 10/31/2017 at 7:18 AM, jenny said:

its always fun driving around in the car and just playing the radio!   And checking out the sights..:thumbsup:

On 10/31/2017 at 7:18 AM, jenny said:

• 6 months later...
  • Administrators

Check out this Vice City tribute made in GTA V using mods. It's pretty cool and well made. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

awww man, what are chances GTA6 is set in Miami? We've already re-visited LA and New York so we have a glimmer of hope.:cool:

If we can't have Miami, any GTA set in the past would be amazing. 1960s-70s San Fransisco that looks like Bullit and Dirty Harry. Oh My:hippie:

• Like 4

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

awww man, what are chances GTA6 is set in Miami? We've already re-visited LA and New York so we have a glimmer of hope.:cool:

If we can't have Miami, any GTA set in the past would be amazing. 1960s-70s San Fransisco that looks like Bullit and Dirty Harry. Oh My:hippie:

The chances are high, I think it most definitely will be in Vice City again. All the signs and easter eggs point to it. 

Maybe 2020-2021 we'll hear something about it? 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Not a huge fan of the futuristic cyberpunk scene, I'm more neon-soaked Synthwave (Maybe I'll wait for the prequel Synthwave 2045 :)) .

But this game definitely looks interesting, also gives me some Watch_Dogs vibes. Something I'll keep my eye on for sure. But again, not sure if I'll buy it because I hate futuristic stuff like robots and flying cars. 

The car looks nice, definitely inspired by some 70s/early80s concept cars. 

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I love the original and the remastered as well.Keep playing it almost every day just to chill with some 80s tunes surrounded by neon lights.

• Like 1