The Ferrari Daytonas of Miami Vice

jurassic narc

25 minutes ago, Mvice8489 said:

Beautiful car!  Can you tell us a little history about this car?   

Did you click the link? He pretty much lays it all out there (and in the comments at the bottom). 

I did read it.  I guess I was looking for more history other than the car was bought by him new.  I don’t know much about the car because I can’t see the service records. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I know I've probably beaten this abit to death, but I just watched this

a car I've never given much quarter, and I get to 6:03

as is it crazy to think that given they used RX3 headlamps for some of the first replicas

a weird choice given how rare that import is, like I've never seen one, let alone this, the closest was a chevy monza that was marooned up the street from me for 20 some years, along with a 64 GTO that has long since rotted out and gone flinstones

that am I going nuts in thinking that if you took the headrest off, shortened the top a touch and put a horizontal one, that it really kinda lines up with the pilot seats?

I mean it was 1981 ish, you wouldnt use a non production seat for production as then you'd have to refabricate it multiple times, the seats lean forward like the vette seat and it looks close enough that it would be factory

like I wonder if they would line up that well, plus you figure with the horizontal headrest it narrows the seat but keeps it somewhat in the same width as the vette seat while giving it a sleaker look

I mean it would work, and it would figure too, the one car I write off, that I remember one of you guys had and brought up when we talked about shelby's passing, and I didnt F'ing look into it like an idiot lol

and then years latter I look back at it, and this shows up because he did  my fathers old wagon from the 80's and go figure lol

head meet desk, desk meet head lol

also sorry to the guy I blew off back then about his, it does look like a fun car lol

but when you literally grow up with a buick GSX being next to your middle school in summer in bright Scienfield memory burn yellow

it kinda doesnt line up with what's imprinted in your mind about what a fun car should be lol

and ironically around that time that car kept showing up in everything too, like I remember seeing it on TV, driver and a bunch of other things

even an episode of Kojack I had to fiddle with the anttena to get out of the NH station way back when

but that is not the first time that's happened I see something on tv and then it shows up in person

and to think that 250 GTO that showed up at the boston art museum was the same that was on the rockford files, and I just skipped over it and went to look at the samurai armor that was on loan from japan as he had just over restored it and made it look so fake lol

while the armor you were like okay what did that ding come from lol like hell I was there vs something that looks like an 80 million dollar model kit that hasnt seen the light of day for 30 years

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

This is just a newbie technical question, but I suspect I can get it answered a lot faster here:

Does the Daytona have any trunk space at all...?  What does Crockett do if he needs to transport a passenger and a suitcase or two?