The Ferrari Daytonas of Miami Vice

jurassic narc

I think it's cool that you actually enjoy the car and don't keep it under a big glass case, which would be a shame. Looking forward to seeing more photos, and good luck with the carb!

holley carb? God I remember my father mentioning how troublesome they we're. It constantly gave him problems on a brand new car, granted it was a 1955 fordIt had to go in for constant adjustments ever other day. So much so that he finally rebuilt the carb himself. After about a year of this he sold it and bought a brand new 57 plymouth that never gave him any trouble.He said that those holley carbs always had a reputation of being finicky as hell. I read even the bullitt mustang had to have its stock holley carb replaced with a nascar carb because of reliability problems during that famous chase scene.Maybe you should replace it with a 2 barrel webber or a modern Edelbrock carb. I've never heard anything bad about those and there always modernising muscle cars with Eldelbrock carbs with electronic ignition on the speed channel.Yeah and I'm glad its not like the testas today, a car with that kind of history should be enjoyed and driven, not put on permanent display in a shoping mallEingefügtes Bildhttp://twaybladed.deviantart.com/art/Miami-Vice-64445933Eingefügtes Bildhttp://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_2105-Ferrari-Testarossa-1986.html

what? my fathers 76 and has gone throught a bunch of carburated cars, from a 33 pontiac to porsches, chrystlers, plymoths, chevys, fords and old's all the way up to now. he lived throught the golden age of motoring and had alot of money to spend on cars since his ocupation was in high demand during the cold war, installing radars on aircraft and on the ground in europe to prevent the russians from getting the drop on us with a nuclear strike, hell hes still working for ratheon 45 years latter.

Free the TestarossaThat car- parked next to a bunch of junky kiosks in a mall- is the most awful thing I've ever seen. What a waste :evil:

Yet still another CLAIM to fame?????Notice the white car abouve in the mall. It has a sign on it "Car used in Miami Vice" WTF???I guess everyone with a white Testerossa can make that claim???????????

Yet still another CLAIM to fame?????Notice the white car abouve in the mall. It has a sign on it "Car used in Miami Vice" WTF???I guess everyone with a white Testerossa can make that claim???????????Why, if it actually is the car, would it be parked in a mall of all places! I would have it hidden in a garage until I took it out for a cruise, and then I would never be more than five feet from the car even then when I get out to grab something like some caffine or what-not? The car would never leave my sight!

I believe that FERRARI gave the show TWO Testarossas. One stunt car was made from a Pantera.Can anyone back that up about two Ferrari Testarossas?I find it rather hard to believe it would be in a mall too. Perhaps it should have read, "Same type of car used in MIAMI VICE"

I believe that FERRARI gave the show TWO Testarossas. One stunt car was made from a Pantera.Can anyone back that up about two Ferrari Testarossas?I find it rather hard to believe it would be in a mall too. Perhaps it should have read' date=' "Same type of car used in MIAMI VICE"[/quote']You are correct. Ferrari supplied two Testarossas and Carl Roberts built the Pantera based stunt car. But I believe that actually is one of the cars used on the show. I remember a lot of references to it being at a "flea market" near Miami. The cars went back to Ferrari North America, and it seems like the guy at the mall owns a couple more collectors cars and has them all on display.Some of the Miami guys have named the location in the past.

You are correct. Ferrari supplied two Testarossas and Carl Roberts built the Pantera based stunt car. But I believe that actually is one of the cars used on the show. I remember a lot of references to it being at a "flea market" near Miami. The cars went back to Ferrari North America' date=' and it seems like the guy at the mall owns a couple more collectors cars and has them all on display.Some of the Miami guys have named the location in the past.[/quote']dang, now i'll have to take that worship towel back and cancel my trip to that flea market. i really believed it. not serious about the towel, but serious about thinking it was the one. i guess schmucks like me are who they're looking for. it was a huge market in ft. lauderdale, but i forget the name.

yeah I talked with the guy who took the photo over on deviant art, he gave me the link to the fleamarkets website, she's not the only victim theres a vintage ferrari 275 sitting next to her.its apparently owned by a guy by the name Preston Henn according to "Classic And Sports Car" magazines febuary 2009 issue.I bought it because they had an artilcle on one of the genuine 7 right hand drive daytona spyders owned by pete townsend (which has been sold to someone else recently) it also had a huge article on the 40th anversary of the daytona and interviews with some of there owners which included Henn.It has this car on the cover.Eingefügtes Bildhttp://www.maxted-page.com/cars_for_sale/1972Ferrari365GTS.htm

Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildhttp://fort.lauderdale.retailguide.com/data/m103253.htmhttp://www.floridaswapshop.com/swap.htmlGod what a sad end for the Testa'

dang' date=' now i'll have to take that worship towel back and cancel my trip to that flea market. i really believed it. not serious about the towel, but serious about thinking it was the one. i guess schmucks like me are who they're looking for. it was a huge market in ft. lauderdale, but i forget the name.[/quote']I think you misunderstood my confusing comment. I think it actually is one of the Testarossas. Some of the people on this site who live in Miami may remember the whole story.

awesome, so my visit to the flea market is still on for my next trip to south florida :dance:

I think you misunderstood my confusing comment. I think it actually is one of the Testarossas. Some of the people on this site who live in Miami may remember the whole story.

If I'm ever lucky enough to hit the lottery, now I know exactly what I'll do first. Somebody has to get that car out of the flea market.Ferrari Libre!

I have update the article with new information' date=' and new pictures. Also, my MIAMI VICE COLLECTION is updated with new photos.[/quote']I'm SO there!Thanks for continually adding stuff! :thumbsup:

I've noticed that you have chosen to keep the large, silver prancing horse logo on the rear of the car when the MIAMI VICE cars didn't have this feature.What was your decition to keep this logo on there?Just personally liked it, or some other reason?

I've noticed that you have chosen to keep the large' date=' silver prancing horse logo on the rear of the car when the MIAMI VICE cars didn't have this feature.What was your decition to keep this logo on there?Just personally liked it, or some other reason?[/quote']There was quite an evolution in the building of my car after I bought it. At first I wanted to do a "replica Ferrari", but I had studied the real car enough to know there were some major hurdles. And I realized that I was in love with the car from the show, not the car the car on the show represented. So, I decided to try to clone the MIAMI VICE car, not a Ferrari (if you get the distinction).With that said, one of the first stops had been the body shop for fiberglass work and paint. At the time that the paint was done, I still was not sure which way I wanted to go. So, the holes for the horse were left and the radio antenna was left on the passenger side. If I have the paint work redone in the future I may correct both those. Still, I want it to be my car, too, and so some things are, as you suggest, because I want them that way. But the car will always be a work in progress, otherwise I could only enjoy it when I drive it.JN

Is it a manual or and automatic' date=' and has Carl Roberts done anywork on it while you've owned it?[/quote']It is a 350 automatic like the cars used on Vice. Carl has furnished parts for the car, but he is a six hour drive away and does very little work of that nature now. He runs a radiator shop, with a smaller place in back to do work on the TOMB RAIDER jeeps. But, before I found CameraDaytona he was my source for detailed information on the cars.Last fall CameraDaytona and I met with Carl to go over some questions we had about the history of the MV Daytonas. I drove the car up and had Carl and his wife look it over. Due to the litigation with Ferrari he does very little work on Daytonas and has only a few parts stored in out of the way places. But then, I only need a few parts!

Anybody who puts Ferrari sportscars on display in a mall or ESPECIALLY a flea market should be publicly kicked in the nads........ So that they might understand the term "INDIGNITY"!!!! Sorry....... :p