The Ferrari Daytonas of Miami Vice

jurassic narc

14 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Did you guys have insider information on this, because I sure could not tell from the brief interior glimpses whose car it was.

Yes, they inquired about using our car too but Dave Martino, the new owner of JN's car, lives in FL and that's where they filmed it.  They didn't have it in the budget to bring ours down.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Beautiful car JN...nice touch with the 007 Plates. And I am starting to feel the way you must have felt when it was time for you to part with your Daytona. Constant investment in repairs and maintenance, and I've had my fun now for the last 7 years so I'm giving some thought to parting with mine.

Sonny, I think you are just down the road from me (Illinois-Milwaukee).....do u have any pics of your car u can send me?

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:02 PM, jurassic narc said:

Now bears the correct license plate DB9AGB (reference to the DB10 plate in SPECTRE (DB10AGB).  Quantum Silver, with tan interior.

DSC_0559.JPG

DSC_0560.JPG

DSC_0561.JPG

Pardon me Mr.Bond.........just wanted to say that is a nice ride! I have only driven one once a cou0ple of years ago and it was SWEET!!!

Enjoy...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, volobrian said:

Yes, they inquired about using our car too but Dave Martino, the new owner of JN's car, lives in FL and that's where they filmed it.  They didn't have it in the budget to bring ours down.  

I find it funny how Dan Martino isn't even on this forum site, no matter how much of a Vice fan he is.

I think some ppl here have made negative comments about him. So maybe it's good that he isn't? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

I think some ppl here have made negative comments about him. So maybe it's good that he isn't? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. 

I recall something about how someone who bought the boat or something was a real douche. He'd dodge questions and things. 

• 4 months later...

Thought some might enjoy seeing a video clip of Car 1, the Stunt Car used in the series which is now at Volo Auto Museum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Very frustrating.......

I refreshed page twice and third time the video opened with two guys standing in front of the car but the video won't load or play?

I really wanted to see what these guys were saying about the car........................................

2 hours ago, Stinger390X said:

Very frustrating.......

I refreshed page twice and third time the video opened with two guys standing in front of the car but the video won't load or play?

I really wanted to see what these guys were saying about the car........................................

The video played fine for me.  But I understand your frustration. 

I talked to the owner of that car over a year ago.  Nice guy.  Personally I think it is perhaps the nicest looking Daytona I've ever seen for sale (based on pictures) due to its wheels and stance. 

Unfortunately the car was in really bad physical shape.  The fiberglass cracked due to hitting the tires/wheels (because the car was lowered too much).  The top needs replacing.  Many other things too, I just can't remember off the top of my head (the file is at my office).

I'm quite sure the car was discussed in my thread 'Looking for a Daytona Replica'.

LOVE the stance, though!! 

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 3:47 PM, Sonny-Burnett said:

And for @Stinger390X it is a four speed manual, as I know you had been looking for same.

Thanks S&B!

I looked at that car about three years ago. I can't believe it's still for sale? I recognize the part about the wheels and this reminded me of an old add from long ago. I wonder how new this add is? I wonder if it is current?

I'm heading to TX next week and not sure I can swing over to CA for a quick look again? It is a nice car for the dash and wheels etc. The body and paint I can fix no problem by myself. Too bad I dumped so much money into my boat this year! I'm left a bit high and dry in the bank account presently.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/24/2017 at 9:14 PM, Stinger390X said:

Very frustrating.......

here try this one:

On 8/27/2017 at 11:34 PM, Stinger390X said:

Thanks S&B!

I looked at that car about three years ago. I can't believe it's still for sale? I recognize the part about the wheels and this reminded me of an old add from long ago. I wonder how new this add is? I wonder if it is current?

I'm heading to TX next week and not sure I can swing over to CA for a quick look again? It is a nice car for the dash and wheels etc. The body and paint I can fix no problem by myself. Too bad I dumped so much money into my boat this year! I'm left a bit high and dry in the bank account presently.

you didnt happen to have nicks garage rebuild your motor did you lol

• 3 weeks later...

Well our MV Daytona is leaving us this up coming Monday to get a makeover!   I was thinking a flamingo pink paint job... Just kidding!  Going to work on undoing the modifications that were done to the car after the show.  Putting in the correct interior, putting the marker lights back in, removing the fiberglass windshield surround, etc.. Plus we'll be finishing the cars details off better with new weather stripping, adding the missing convertible top, etc. etc.. If you notice anyone asking "detailed" questions about the car, it may just be my restoration guy doing research.  Any help with "whats wrong" on the car would be greatly appreciated in efforts to get it back as close as possible! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, volobrian said:

Well our MV Daytona is leaving us this up coming Monday to get a makeover!   I was thinking a flamingo pink paint job... Just kidding!  Going to work on undoing the modifications that were done to the car after the show.  Putting in the correct interior, putting the marker lights back in, removing the fiberglass windshield surround, etc.. Plus we'll be finishing the cars details off better with new weather stripping, adding the missing convertible top, etc. etc.. If you notice anyone asking "detailed" questions about the car, it may just be my restoration guy doing research.  Any help with "whats wrong" on the car would be greatly appreciated in efforts to get it back as close as possible! 

Great to hear Brian.   I did not want to say this earlier, but since u brought up the restoration subject,  Volo should also consider doing the same to the Daytona that you guys have for sale

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Ferrari-Daytona-Spyder-/172590819145?hash=item282f36e749:g:MIIAAOSwX-VZj7Em&vxp=mtr

Volo has been trying to sell that car for a very long time (at least a year??).  I've seen it in person twice.  It is absolutely horrendous!  No way that car will ever sell for over $15-20K as is (at best IMO).  It is bad for the Volo "brand" to have a fellow Daytona that bad on your sales floor. 

But here  is a great opportunity for you guys to turn that ugly duckling into a beautiful swan!!   Volo has been seen as a keeper of one of the two actual 'Vice cars.  They are "associated" with two of the foremost experts on the MV show cars (CD and JN).

So why be associated with a replica that is anything less than perfect ??  I'm guessing if u guys stick another $10K into it while u are fixing up the other car that that investment will pay off big (heck I'd probably buy it if it was done right!).

I realize that restoration projects isn't the business that Volo is in, moving cars is, but sometimes being shortsighted just trying to flip a car is not always the right move.   At times enhancing and solidifying the "brand image" is the right move.  This is one of them. 

On 10/18/2017 at 4:10 PM, volobrian said:

One thing though, dont throw out and document everything, as you never know what might be original, as the car was changed so many damn times its hard to say what's proper, hell for what I know the original frame of the modified corvette dash is still in there somewhere lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Ferrari-Daytona-Spyder-McBurnie-Kit-Car-Automobile-Photo-Poster-zc3991-ZJ86-/290929970622?hash=item43bcc70dbe:g:M4QAAOxyPH9Rt0O-

and this shot makes me wonder if their was any signs of fiberglass patching on the door tops if it is the same car from switching the mirrors around, which I think it is, plus apparently they used RX3 headlights on the first replicas here, before switching to the square units that both cars had in the show.

so if theirs any sign of maybe different cuttings to fit those that doesnt fit with the square units that might be original too.

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1

On 10/18/2017 at 3:10 PM, volobrian said:

Great news, Brian and please keep us posted during the makeover. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2017 at 6:12 PM, Mvice8489 said:

Great to hear Brian.   I did not want to say this earlier, but since u brought up the restoration subject,  Volo should also consider doing the same to the Daytona that you guys have for sale

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Ferrari-Daytona-Spyder-/172590819145?hash=item282f36e749:g:MIIAAOSwX-VZj7Em&vxp=mtr

Volo has been trying to sell that car for a very long time (at least a year??).  I've seen it in person twice.  It is absolutely horrendous!  No way that car will ever sell for over $15-20K as is (at best IMO).  It is bad for the Volo "brand" to have a fellow Daytona that bad on your sales floor. 

But here  is a great opportunity for you guys to turn that ugly duckling into a beautiful swan!!   Volo has been seen as a keeper of one of the two actual 'Vice cars.  They are "associated" with two of the foremost experts on the MV show cars (CD and JN).

So why be associated with a replica that is anything less than perfect ??  I'm guessing if u guys stick another $10K into it while u are fixing up the other car that that investment will pay off big (heck I'd probably buy it if it was done right!).

I realize that restoration projects isn't the business that Volo is in, moving cars is, but sometimes being shortsighted just trying to flip a car is not always the right move.   At times enhancing and solidifying the "brand image" is the right move.  This is one of them. 

There is no doubt, there are better cars out there.  But for us, we're better off dropping price, taking the loss and moving on than to put more money into it.  

On 10/18/2017 at 6:12 PM, Mvice8489 said:

Volo has been trying to sell that car for a very long time (at least a year??).  I've seen it in person twice.  It is absolutely horrendous!

Well we all know who sold this car to Volo so it is not all that surprising that there may have been undisclosed defects. Hopefully @volobrian will not absorb too much of a loss on the car. 

Well here we go again....

Two weeks ago as you may have read in one of the many "Daytona" threads I was looking at a blue one that I chased from CT to WA to FL. That was a dead end.

I found one I really wanted in Orlando and emailed the guy five ways from Friday to the website email "contasct" button to his listed email in the description.........no answer from either.

Last week I found the item again for sale and I recognized it from over a year ago as I keep track of these a$$holes on a spreadsheet. I finally got a reply from the third email from the second ad and we have been bantering back and forth for two days now.

Well....I got EXACTLY what I was expecting. The car is not in Orlando FL as described. Get a load of this replay I got a few minutes ago..... It's absolutely laughable!

Quote:

Hi,

Due to the high volume of internet scams, I give you the chance to receive the car at your home address BEFORE i receive my money for it. I appreciate your interest but I want to let you know that the car is located in Croatia. I purchased the car in US and I moved to Europe, in Croatia the law is different recording the registration of a vehicle that is outside of Europe, it is expensive and difficult to register this car in Croatia, this is the reason of selling. Instead of letting it sit in the garage I've decided to sell it at low price.
I can ship the car to you, also I can be responsible for the transport cost and you'll pay after inspection. The car looks and runs fantastic! Within 19 days you will get the car and you will have a period of 2 days to inspect the car and when the inspection period ends, if everything is fine you can make the payment.
CLEAN TITLE IN HAND, NO LIENS OR ISSUES!

PLEASE SEND ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER SO WE CAN TALK ALL DETAILS OVER THE PHONE.

I'm looking forward to hear from you soon.

Needless to say I am NOT sending this dick a dime, nor am I even going to dignify his response with and answer.

I HATE the internet............................................................ :(

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, Stinger390X said:

Well here we go again....

Two weeks ago as you may have read in one of the many "Daytona" threads I was looking at a blue one that I chased from CT to WA to FL. That was a dead end.

I found one I really wanted in Orlando and emailed the guy five ways from Friday to the website email "contasct" button to his listed email in the description.........no answer from either.

Last week I found the item again for sale and I recognized it from over a year ago as I keep track of these a$$holes on a spreadsheet. I finally got a reply from the third email from the second ad and we have been bantering back and forth for two days now.

Well....I got EXACTLY what I was expecting. The car is not in Orlando FL as described. Get a load of this replay I got a few minutes ago..... It's absolutely laughable!

Quote:

Hi,

Due to the high volume of internet scams, I give you the chance to receive the car at your home address BEFORE i receive my money for it. I appreciate your interest but I want to let you know that the car is located in Croatia. I purchased the car in US and I moved to Europe, in Croatia the law is different recording the registration of a vehicle that is outside of Europe, it is expensive and difficult to register this car in Croatia, this is the reason of selling. Instead of letting it sit in the garage I've decided to sell it at low price.
I can ship the car to you, also I can be responsible for the transport cost and you'll pay after inspection. The car looks and runs fantastic! Within 19 days you will get the car and you will have a period of 2 days to inspect the car and when the inspection period ends, if everything is fine you can make the payment.
CLEAN TITLE IN HAND, NO LIENS OR ISSUES!

PLEASE SEND ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER SO WE CAN TALK ALL DETAILS OVER THE PHONE.

I'm looking forward to hear from you soon.

Needless to say I am NOT sending this dick a dime, nor am I even going to dignify his response with and answer.

I HATE the internet............................................................ :(

Well his first sentence hit the nail on the head.. "Due to the high volume of internet scams...."

I guess that lead in is to put your mind to rest he is legit! :)

17 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Well we all know who sold this car to Volo so it is not all that surprising that there may have been undisclosed defects. Hopefully @volobrian will not absorb too much of a loss on the car. 

We do?  Care to fill us in?

On 12/17/2016 at 8:55 PM, Mvice8489 said:

Stinger,  actually Volo just bought that car a few months ago (from Arturo).   Maybe they used the same pictures that he used when he regularly advertised it on Craigslist.

I really don't like the tan top and the 'Vette dash either.

Just my opinion

1 hour ago, Mvice8489 said:

We do?  Care to fill us in?

Did you forget? I assumed that with all your critical comments about the car that you remembered your original post. 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett