jurassic narc

The Ferrari Daytonas of Miami Vice

volobrian    15
volobrian
14 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Did you guys have insider information on this, because I sure could not tell from the brief interior glimpses whose car it was.

Yes, they inquired about using our car too but Dave Martino, the new owner of JN's car, lives in FL and that's where they filmed it.  They didn't have it in the budget to bring ours down.  

• Like 1

Mvice8489    71
Mvice8489
3 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Beautiful car JN...nice touch with the 007 Plates. And I am starting to feel the way you must have felt when it was time for you to part with your Daytona. Constant investment in repairs and maintenance, and I've had my fun now for the last 7 years so I'm giving some thought to parting with mine.

Sonny, I think you are just down the road from me (Illinois-Milwaukee).....do u have any pics of your car u can send me?

Stinger390X    178
Stinger390X
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:02 PM, jurassic narc said:

Now bears the correct license plate DB9AGB (reference to the DB10 plate in SPECTRE (DB10AGB).  Quantum Silver, with tan interior.

DSC_0559.JPG

DSC_0560.JPG

DSC_0561.JPG

Pardon me Mr.Bond.........just wanted to say that is a nice ride! I have only driven one once a cou0ple of years ago and it was SWEET!!!

Enjoy...

• Like 1

codemaster94    40
codemaster94
20 hours ago, volobrian said:

Yes, they inquired about using our car too but Dave Martino, the new owner of JN's car, lives in FL and that's where they filmed it.  They didn't have it in the budget to bring ours down.  

I find it funny how Dan Martino isn't even on this forum site, no matter how much of a Vice fan he is.

Dadrian    760
Dadrian

I think some ppl here have made negative comments about him. So maybe it's good that he isn't? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

codemaster94    40
codemaster94
18 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

I think some ppl here have made negative comments about him. So maybe it's good that he isn't? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. 

I recall something about how someone who bought the boat or something was a real douche. He'd dodge questions and things. 

Sonny-Burnett    611
Sonny-Burnett

Thought some might enjoy seeing a video clip of Car 1, the Stunt Car used in the series which is now at Volo Auto Museum.

• Thanks 2

Stinger390X    178
Stinger390X

Very frustrating.......

I refreshed page twice and third time the video opened with two guys standing in front of the car but the video won't load or play?

I really wanted to see what these guys were saying about the car........................................

Vicefan7777    397
Vicefan7777
2 hours ago, Stinger390X said:

Very frustrating.......

I refreshed page twice and third time the video opened with two guys standing in front of the car but the video won't load or play?

I really wanted to see what these guys were saying about the car........................................

The video played fine for me.  But I understand your frustration. 

Mvice8489    71
Mvice8489

I talked to the owner of that car over a year ago.  Nice guy.  Personally I think it is perhaps the nicest looking Daytona I've ever seen for sale (based on pictures) due to its wheels and stance. 

Unfortunately the car was in really bad physical shape.  The fiberglass cracked due to hitting the tires/wheels (because the car was lowered too much).  The top needs replacing.  Many other things too, I just can't remember off the top of my head (the file is at my office).

I'm quite sure the car was discussed in my thread 'Looking for a Daytona Replica'.

LOVE the stance, though!! 

Stinger390X    178
Stinger390X
On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 3:47 PM, Sonny-Burnett said:

And for @Stinger390X it is a four speed manual, as I know you had been looking for same.

Thanks S&B!

I looked at that car about three years ago. I can't believe it's still for sale? I recognize the part about the wheels and this reminded me of an old add from long ago. I wonder how new this add is? I wonder if it is current?

I'm heading to TX next week and not sure I can swing over to CA for a quick look again? It is a nice car for the dash and wheels etc. The body and paint I can fix no problem by myself. Too bad I dumped so much money into my boat this year! I'm left a bit high and dry in the bank account presently.