• Kiel Martin as Cutter
  • Cameron Dye as Zach Andrews
  • Laura San Giacomo as Tanya Lewis
  • Adam Storke as Ray Monday
  • Jennifer Rubin as Claire
  • Keith Gordon as Terry Baines

Music:

Musik:

• Paradise City by Guns N' Roses (beginning scene, Anfangsszene)
  • Kiss Me When I Get Back by Tom Tom Club (party at Terry Baines', Party bei Terry Baines)
  • What I Am (Is What I Am) by Eddie Brickell And New Bohemians (love scene Ray/Claire, Ray im Bett mit Claire)

Content:

Inhalt:
Young college professor Terry Baines researches a new designer drug by giving using his students from poor neighbourhoods as guinea pigs. As one of his students jumps off the roof under drug influence, Cutter, the leader of three young undercover cops covertly sends them to Baines´ classes. One of them gets too close to Baines and is killed. To finally prove Baines´ crimes, one of the cops has to try the unknown drug cocktail ...

Der junge Collegeprofessor Terry Baines führt Versuche mit einer neuen Designerdroge unter seinen Studenten durch: vorwiegend an solchen, die aus zerrütteten Verhältnissen stammen. Als einer seiner Studenten unter Drogeneinfluß vom Dach eines Hochhauses springt, schleust Cutter, der Chef einer Spezialeinheit, drei junge Undercovercops als Studenten getarnt bei Baines ein. Einer von ihnen kommt Baines zu nahe und wird ermordet aufgefunden. Um Baines endgültig zu überführen, muß sich einer der Polizisten von Baines unter Drogen setzen lassen...

Additional comment:

Zusatzinformation:
This episode was shot with a different crew (Victor Hammer as Director of Photography, Assistant Director Roger Mills, Set Decorator Janet Shaw, Visual Consultant Peter Politanoff, etc.) at the same time as the previous and the next show and was supposed to become the pilot of a spin off series similar to 21 Jump Street that never made it on the air.

Shooting locations:

Drehorte:

• Big Fish Restaurant 55 SW Miami Ave Rd, at Miami River (Crockett meets Cutter at the billiard table, Crockett trifft Cutter beim Billard)

My Assessment:

Wertung:
An episode that has loosen connection to the series but looks like a VICE spin-off as Crockett and Tubbs only appear in the teaser and the rest of the team is missing at all. Nearly no VICE feeling despite an interesting storyline and all major VICE ingredients – great optics, music and locations. It is simple to explain why this episode fails: one can not produce a VICE episode without any VICE main characters. Disappointing!
Eine Folge, die fast nichts mit VICE zu tun hat, da Crockett / Tubbs nur 5 Minuten dabei sind und völlig unbekannte Hauptpersonen die Folge füllen. Castillo und der Rest des Teams tritt gar nicht in Erscheinung. Daher kaum VICE Feeling trotz gar nicht so schlechter Story. Wirkt wie der Pilot einer VICE-spin-off Serie.

Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild