Are there any unaltered Miami Vice locations left?

wysevice27

I'm going to be vacationing in Florida for a week for "spring break" - the whole southeast coast, from West Palm Beach through Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, and the Florida Keys.

So I'm planning things to do and places to see, and I have a question for those of you who M.V. fans who live in Miami or have been there very recently:

Are there any M.V. shooting locations that are still "intact" - not altered from how they looked in the 1980s?

Perhaps a hotel, a restaurant, a bar, something which we saw in M.V. which still has the same architecture, furniture, lighting, fans, color scheme?

In other words, a place which has not been remodeled or "updated", so it still looks like something where C+T could walk in any minute? :-)

I know this is hard, because Miami is a very modern and trendy city, which is what made it so cool in the 1980s, so it's unlikely there are any places left, but IF YOU KNOW OF ONE, please reply to this thread! :-)

Check out my Miami pics thread in the Travel section of this site. That should be helpful to you

Edited by Tommy Vercetti

Last year I stumbled onto the airport where many shots were made where the opening episode and closing episode and a few others were filmed.

It's the old "Chalks" airport and last time I saw it was abandoned but still intact. I posted pics of it on this site somewhere but can't remember the exact spot.

It's just over the bridge on the right hand side. You will see the cruise ship lines docks across the bay as it was when MV was filmed too. 

Last year I stumbled onto the airport where many shots were made where the opening episode and closing episode and a few others were filmed.

It's the old "Chalks" airport and last time I saw it was abandoned but still intact. I posted pics of it on this site somewhere but can't remember the exact spot.

It's just over the bridge on the right hand side. You will see the cruise ship lines docks across the bay as it was when MV was filmed too. 

Think this was your thread on this (just did a search for "Chalk's") :http://www.miamiviceonline.com/index.php/topic/8432-is-this-the-right-spot/?hl=chalk%26%2339%3Bs

Yup...that's my thread.

Unfortunately it was two years ago or so now, and when I was there, there was tons of construction going on with highrise condos and what-not...

I hope it's still intact when you visit?

I'm going to be vacationing in Florida for a week for "spring break" - the whole southeast coast, from West Palm Beach through Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, and the Florida Keys.

So I'm planning things to do and places to see, and I have a question for those of you who M.V. fans who live in Miami or have been there very recently:

Are there any M.V. shooting locations that are still "intact" - not altered from how they looked in the 1980s?

Perhaps a hotel, a restaurant, a bar, something which we saw in M.V. which still has the same architecture, furniture, lighting, fans, color scheme?

In other words, a place which has not been remodeled or "updated", so it still looks like something where C+T could walk in any minute? :-)

I know this is hard, because Miami is a very modern and trendy city, which is what made it so cool in the 1980s, so it's unlikely there are any places left, but IF YOU KNOW OF ONE, please reply to this thread! :-)

Have you looked at C Glide's Website here?  http://www.miamivicelocations.org/

• Like 1