Burn Notice location going away.

C Glide

And many Americans cry "poormouth"?

I wish I could afford a 200 foot yacht!!! I can barely put gas in my boat!!!!!!!!!!!!

The numbers are interesting that there is a rise of the number of big boats since 1997. That means there are more millionaires than ever?

We just had Ministry of Environment officials snooping around my marina yesterday looking for violations of fuel and chemical storage so the hammer may fall on my marina in the spring? They might have to spend many dollars in upgrades for the fuel tanks and oil storage systems which means of course...increased dock fees!

I can't imagine what the dock fee would be for a 200 foot megayacht in a prime location in the heart of Miami?

Edited by Stinger390X

I wish I could afford a 200 foot yacht!!! I can barely put gas in my boat!!!!!!!!!!!!

The numbers are interesting that there is a rise of the number of big boats since 1997. That means there are more millionaires than ever?

We just had Ministry of Environment officials snooping around my marina yesterday looking for violations of fuel and chemical storage so the hammer may fall on my marina in the spring? They might have to spends many dollars in upgrades for the fuel tanks and oil storage systems which means of course...increased dock fees!

I can't imagine what the dock fee would be for a 200 foot megayacht in a prime location in the heart of Miami?

I'm sure you're familiar with the "New" Miami and that most the new development is from foreign money and most of these developers ( multimillionaires) have houses, boats, cars, business there. Also, I think if you can afford a megayacht the dock fees are just chump changes. :):p

Haven't heard anything about the Dinner Key Marina going away, seems unlikely.  It is really large and profitable.  The Coconut Grove Convention Center, the Burn Notice studio, was just demolished for another public park, of all things.  Also another classic location in Dinner Key that appeared in BN, not sure about Vice:  Scotty's Landing Restaurant in Coconut Grove - according to the news it may not be here much longer. The City wants to terminate it's lease and rebuild on this property and adjacent properties with a complex of multiple restaurants and retail shops.  Scotty's Landing is just north of the Marina at 3381 Pan American Drive. Coconut Grove, Fl 33133.

• Like 1

Haven't heard anything about the Dinner Key Marina going away, seems unlikely.  It is really large and profitable.  The Coconut Grove Convention Center, the Burn Notice studio, was just demolished for another public park, of all things.  Also another classic location in Dinner Key that appeared in BN, not sure about Vice:  Scotty's Landing Restaurant in Coconut Grove - according to the news it may not be here much longer. The City wants to terminate it's lease and rebuild on this property and adjacent properties with a complex of multiple restaurants and retail shops.  Scotty's Landing is just north of the Marina at 3381 Pan American Drive. Coconut Grove, Fl 33133.

No its not the marina going away just the Dinner Key Office ( seen in "Out Where the Buses .." when C&T exit the bar ) - that building is being demolished  :o

• Like 2

No its not the marina going away just the Dinner Key Office ( seen in "Out Where the Buses .." when C&T exit the bar ) - that building is being demolished  :o

Thanks for the clarification Matt.  I know the building now.  I don't remember it ever being a bar or club.  The Vice staff did a good job making it look like one.

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification Matt.  I know the building now.  I don't remember it ever being a bar or club.  The Vice staff did a good job making it look like one.

Shame another Vice location going Jim 

• Like 1

Are they completely out of their minds. They are far beyond where the buses run if they tear that building down.

I was there last week and there is a highrise already towering above being constructed over our little "Buses dont run" location and in the office / small building seen in "Out where the Buses dont run" was confirmed too me it  will be demolished shortly. 

That said the GrandBay Hotel which was demolished over a year ago ( seen in "Cool Runnin'" exterior wise ) still has not made any progress since a year ago and a pile of rubble :o

Edited by Matt5

We just had Ministry of Environment officials snooping around my marina yesterday looking for violations of fuel and chemical storage so the hammer may fall on my marina in the spring? They might have to spend many dollars in upgrades for the fuel tanks and oil storage systems which means of course...increased dock fees!

Hey Stinger,

The move to more, larger slips seems to be a trend alot of places.  In Long Beach where I live, the two large municipal marinas, Alamitos Bay and Shoreline downtown (combined hold over 3500 boats), have both undergone huge rebuilds.  In both cases, they removed a couple of hundred 20 foot slips and reconfigured them for larger boats.  There was a bit of an outcry from small boat owners, but money talks.  The total number of slips is fewer, but there are more larger slips now. They're just following the market and the money.  The same thing is going on in multiple marinas in SoCal and the Bay Area.  On the other hand, the launch ramp by my place is more busy than ever.  Trailering smaller boats is more cost effective now.  The days of the middle class family keeping a Cal 20 or a small runabout at the marina are disappearing (or gone).  The income gap has increased significantly here in the US over the last couple of decades.  This seems like a sign of just that.

Edited by pahonu