The Outer Limits

cageyJG

First, I'm wondering if anyone would like to part with any of their DVDs of this program.  Or are there any fans of the show around. 

Second, I was going through the IMDB listing for The Outer Limits because I'd like to buy a season on DVD for my b-day.  Anyway, the amount of notable alumni from that show is pretty extraordinary, here are just a few that I noticed: Mark HamillFred SavageJason PriestleyMarina SirtisCorbin BernsenMolly RingwaldJack KlugmanPat MoritaRalph MacchioMichael DornNPHMichael IronsideSheena EastonRebecca De Mornay **Ally SheedyWil WheatonMario Van PeeblesGary BuseyRobert LoggiaSherilyn FennCasper Van DienLou Diamond PhillipsJohn DiehlRon PerlmanKevin NealonChris ElliottTom ArnoldStacy KeachRae Dawn ChongJudd Nelson 

*Miami Vice alumni in bold

**Didn't I see her nekkid in my teenage years?

• 1 year later...

I enjoyed this series in both of its forms.

my highschool buddy worked as a stuntman and camera crew on that show out in Vancouver area when it was shot there.

I am a huge fan of the originals however as they are timeless. They were done in the early sixties before Twilight Zone and were an hour long weekly series. It was on for two seasons and scared the pants off of viewers back in those days, however watching them now I can see they are a bit lame such as the monsters makeup etc.

The story lines were fabulous and some were tweeked for the new series. I really liked the one with Bo Brydges and the Martian ants. You made a list of actors that appeared and even in the old series there are quite a list of "up-and-comers" of the trade.

The very first time I ever saw OL (the old version) was back in 1978 when City TV in Toronto had the first all night tv show on Saturday nights. There was dude named "Chuck the Security Guard" who was the star. he played all old movies like OL, My mother the Car, Car 54 Where are You. etc. The funny part is that it was on from midnight until 6am, and back then there was no 8 second delay. It was live TV.

Chuck would have you call in for a free pizza or some lame prize and people would call in and say "f**k off Chuck" or other rude things. He was a geek but that was the humour in it.

He always opened the show with Outer Limits and I became a huge fan of the show. The old black and white shows had real good sci-fi premices and I think that was the success of the series. The stories were good, although the monsters were bad.

The new series took a more intelligent means to the storytelling. Many plots are brilliant and well acted. The modern version is just as good as the original. Both managed to creep you out with good sci-fi tales.

Enjoy them if you buy them. I managed to pick up the two original seasons used for 12 bucks!