Vice like jacket for a female

Madeline Angela Hind

I hope this is the right place to ask ( I joined several days ago but as some of you may know the UK is having terrible weather problems in some regions) but would you think it would be OK for a female to dress in something resembling CRockett's series 1 style. I wasn't alive when MV first screened but I did pick up a Gianfranco Ferre vintage 100% silk blazer which , to me, looks a bit like DJ would have worn. I'm 5'8" and thin so it doesn't look too bad. Obviously I wouldn't wear it until the warmer weather ( whenever that is). I'll try to post a scan  here when I get a little more familiar with the forums. The jacket is pale grey has an interesting and distinctive pattern.

In any event I'd like to thank you all for allowing me into the forums . I have to reply to a welcome message from the admins when I figure out how.

Maddy

I hope this is the right place to ask ( I joined several days ago but as some of you may know the UK is having terrible weather problems in some regions) but would you think it would be OK for a female to dress in something resembling CRockett's series 1 style. I wasn't alive when MV first screened but I did pick up a Gianfranco Ferre vintage 100% silk blazer which , to me, looks a bit like DJ would have worn. I'm 5'8" and thin so it doesn't look too bad. Obviously I wouldn't wear it until the warmer weather ( whenever that is). I'll try to post a scan  here when I get a little more familiar with the forums. The jacket is pale grey has an interesting and distinctive pattern.

In any event I'd like to thank you all for allowing me into the forums . I have to reply to a welcome message from the admins when I figure out how.

Maddy

Welcome to this great site about a great show - I cant see there being any issue at all about the jacket !! :D  :)  :fireworks:  :cheers: 

Welcome aboard Maddy!

There is a lot of great people on this site and one in particular is a young girl from Australia who is into vice fashion. Her name escapes me right now but I'm sure if you look in the fashion section you can find her thread with pics of her"jackets and tees"

There is also lots of other info on our favourite show here so read, enjoy and participate.

• Administrators

^Well, I for one, am not a young girl, however I am young and from Australia^ :)

Welcome to MVO, Maddy.

It should be alright. But what I've seen on TV, is women wearing some kind of t-shirt under a suit jacket or blazer. 

If you can find a shirt like in the video below to wear underneath. 

It's actually also similar to what Don Johnson used to wear. The female version.

Maybe a screenshot would be better.

Eingefügtes Bild 

Find something like that in whatever colour suits the jacket. 

But what do I know about womens fashion, I'm a guy. :p

Edited by SL1DE

• 4 weeks later...