PPH has been relaunched

Madeline Angela Hind

obviously its of no use to me ( I'm female) but some of you might be interested in  the fact that Crockett's signature cologne PPH has been relaunched. The bottles look very different to the one featured in series 1 which might limit its interest to collectors. PPH was an iconic 80's scent for men ( with lots of money) 

• Like 1

I've been on the hunt for Patou Pour Homme vintage EDT for some time now. And I did learn of the re-launch, but not sure whether the formulation is exactly the same as the original?

Lately I've seen a nearly full 2 ounce bottle selling for around $400 USD.

obviously its of no use to me ( I'm female) but some of you might be interested in  the fact that Crockett's signature cologne PPH has been relaunched. The bottles look very different to the one featured in series 1 which might limit its interest to collectors. PPH was an iconic 80's scent for men ( with lots of money) 

Do you have a link or any more details . Thankyou  :D  :)  :radio:

I've been on the hunt for Patou Pour Homme vintage EDT for some time now. And I did learn of the re-launch, but not sure whether the formulation is exactly the same as the original?

The relaunch is apparently a minor reformulation, as one (two?) of the original ingredients cannot be used, but I've been told its pretty close. It may well be closer than thre vintage after all this time

There is a guy in Scotland has a boxed gift set of vintage PPH for sale, mint apparently, but I think he'd want over £100 or more. I can ask him...I would if i was male but its a bit much for a collectable for me as I can't wear men's cologne

The relaunch is apparently a minor reformulation, as one (two?) of the original ingredients cannot be used, but I've been told its pretty close. It may well be closer than thre vintage after all this time

That's interesting for sure. Wonder why there are ingredients no longer available? The fragrance is almost legendary now and I've read many comments on it, including some about the brand being sold and the ingredients no longer used: http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Jean-Patou/Patou-pour-Homme-3532.html

Well I will probably want some vintage to compare to but may also look into the new formulation. I've only seen it for sale at Neiman Marcus so far, and there are none close by,  but need to keep my eyes open as it enters the market.

There is a guy in Scotland has a boxed gift set of vintage PPH for sale, mint apparently, but I think he'd want over £100 or more. I can ask him...I would if i was male but its a bit much for a collectable for me as I can't wear men's cologne

and slightly OT he had a deactivated Sig P220 that I would love but his price was such that I couldn't , in all conscience, pay it.he was selling a lot of TV collectables due to divorce

That's interesting for sure. Wonder why there are ingredients no longer available? The fragrance is almost legendary now and I've read many comments on it, including some about the brand being sold and the ingredients no longer used: http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Jean-Patou/Patou-pour-Homme-3532.html

Well I will probably want some vintage to compare to but may also look into the new formulation. I've only seen it for sale at Neiman Marcus so far, and there are none close by,  but need to keep my eyes open as it enters the market.

I remember reading something about a law being introduced prohibiting, or limiting, the use of ingredients like oakmoss and others. I noticed it because a lot of Guerlain perfumes changed and everyone went mad to buy the old formiulations. I cannot see why  perfume ingredients should be banned.....

• Like 1

Does he have it listed somewhere online?

Does he have it listed somewhere online?

Not that I know of but i haven't really looked. It was a piece in a local Scottish paper that the guy had a large TV/movie collection that he would be selling in Edinburgh. Ithink the Sig and the PPH were the only MV items..if i kept the piece I'll post it

There is a European website that lets you order a small sample vial for a few dollars before taking the plunge on a full bottle of the new formulation 

"Just received a sample of it and tried only once. So my mind can change later after several tries. My first impression was that it is as faithful to original as it can considering some of the original ingredients are not even available anymore, and some have been replaced with cheaper ones. The smell is pleasant though, but the flowery portion of it is stronger than in the vintage one also to my nose a bit more feminine, and that's why i stick with the vintage one and won't purchase the current incarnation." comparison of the old and new ( not mine)

• Like 1

"Just received a sample of it and tried only once. So my mind can change later after several tries. My first impression was that it is as faithful to original as it can considering some of the original ingredients are not even available anymore, and some have been replaced with cheaper ones. The smell is pleasant though, but the flowery portion of it is stronger than in the vintage one also to my nose a bit more feminine, and that's why i stick with the vintage one and won't purchase the current incarnation." comparison of the old and new ( not mine)

This does get my curiosity going and I for sure would want the original to at least compare to a sample of the new formulation. Sounds like some environmentalists may have been responsible for some of the limitations on ingredients?

And I'm trying to recreate the setting for the scene in Heart of Darkness ...working on the ashtray (http://www.miamiviceonline.com/index.php/topic/10290-ashtray-heart-of-darkness-devo-scene/), already have the key fob (and the Daytona), the Rolex (clone).

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

and slightly OT he had a deactivated Sig P220 that I would love but his price was such that I couldn't , in all conscience, pay it.he was selling a lot of TV collectables due to divorce

Wondering why someone would deactivate (permanently I assume) a Sig P220 since I assume they would want it for shooting, home defense, etc. And they would likely cost a pretty penny.

• Administrators

I wonder if it's available here in Australia.Though it would be better if all the ingredients were still available. =(

Wondering why someone would deactivate (permanently I assume) a Sig P220 since I assume they would want it for shooting, home defense, etc. And they would likely cost a pretty penny.

It would probably be the only way a collector in the UK would be able to own one

It would probably be the only way a collector in the UK would be able to own one

Ah ok the strict gun laws of course in the UK. But I thought pistols were less regulated, or maybe I'm mistaken.

Believe Crockett used the Sig in Brother's Keeper and if I'm not mistaken, in the Burnett arc with a grayed darker version.

i am not absolutely of the law and what firearms licence would be needed, but I imagine they'd be pretty hard to get. A UK firearms site I looked at a while back only sells de-acts. They had 2 Sig P220's at £900+ each. The collector I mentioned earlier wants at least that for his.

So that's another MV collectable I'll never get. *sigh*