Big League - Tom Cochrane and Red Rider

Ell.a

• Administrators

When he was a kid, he'd be up at fiveTake shots 'til eight and make the thing driveOut after school and back on iceThat was his life, he was gonna play in the big leagueThe big leagueNot many ways out of this cold northern townYou work in the mill and get laid in the groundAnd if you're going to jump it will be with the gameReal fast and tough is the only clear lane to the big leagueMy boy's going to play in the big leagueMy boy's going to turn some headsMy boy's going to play in the big leagueMy boy's going to knock 'em deadThe big leagueAll the right moves when he turned eighteenScholarship and school on a big U.S. teamOut with his girl near Lake McCleanHit a truck doing seventy in the wrong laneTo the big leagueMy boy's going to play in the big leagueMy boy's going to turn some headsMy boy's going to play in the big leagueMy boy's going to knock 'em deadNever can tell what might come downYou never can tell how you might check outJust don't know, no, you never can tellSometimes at night I can hear the ice crackIt sounds like thunder and it rips through my backSometimes in the morning I still hear the soundIce meets metal"Can't you drive me down to the big league?"My boy's going to play in the big leagueMy boy's going to turn some headsMy boy's going to play in the big leagueMy boy's going to knock 'em deadNever can tell what might come downYou never can tell when you might check outYou just don't know, no, you never can tellSo do right to others like you do to yourselfIn the big leagueThe big leagueThe big league---> Homepage (Tom Cochrane)