Episode #72 "The Big Thaw"

Ferrariman

On 9/16/2022 at 4:27 PM, Miami Beau said:

Yes it was me who posted the Missing Hours hidden meaning analysis. It was one of the first videos I did and it’s poor quality, I need to redo it with HD quality footage. Missing Hours isn’t cannon to the universe, same goes for Crockett’s dreams in Shadow in the Dark and Mirror Image. The actual Ricardo Tubbs never actually got put in a coffin, an imaginary one did from Crockett’s dream. On a side note, Crockett’s dreams should only of been shown in black and white as he confirmed he doesn’t dream in colour. 

So such as this missing hours episode, the only real cannon scene from this episode is Trudy waking up. The following peanut butter OCB scene indicates Trudy went back to sleep and kept dreaming. This also indicates Noogie Lemont either left Miami for good during season 3 or got killed. He only appears as an imaginary version of himself upon his return in season 4, much like the Sonny Steelgrave character from the show Wiseguy in season 2. The Steelgrave character actually died in Season 1. 

Anyways back to my point, The Big Thaw is all canon so the OCB Capsule removal that we see, is my jump the shark moment in the series :p

Sadly, as bizarre as some of the moments in later MV seemed, they were pretty much canon. However, Crockett did have some dreams/nightmares in some episodes—such as the eerie beach scene with Tubbs in the coffin during the Burnett episodes & the shadow-figure jumping over the wall at Sonny in “Shadow In the Dark”. Those were supposed to be weird & bizarre, because they were openly shown as dreams.

But, in “Shadow” the only dreams/nightmares were that scene where Crockett fell asleep at his desk & dreamt that the shadow popped over the wall at him--and at the very end when he wakes up from a nightmare on the St. Vitus. Some fans in the past have “proposed” the idea that maybe other scenes in that episode were dreams as well...such as the breakfast scene with Castillo. However, that’s actually not true...from what I understand and have read before, the script & people involved with that episode have said that everything in the episode happened, except the nightmare at the desk scene & the ending St. Vitus nightmare.

As for “Missing”...it definitely does not fit into any form of canon for the show for sure, lol! But, I’m not really sure it was supposed to be a dream/nightmare? Other than your video, I’ve never heard that idea before. However, either way it would help explain the flat out stupidity & pathetic nonsense. ;) But, it’s still so bad it should have never been made. :thumbsdown:

As for “Thaw”, yeah no one’s dreams or nightmares...it all happened, lol. :p It’s silly & ridiculous I know, but I still enjoy the humor & music. It’s one I enjoy when going through the show. :) :radio:

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This episode is to Izzy what 'Made For Each Other' was to Switek and Zito :)

Isadore Moreno. Cryobiologist to the stars. 

Just having a cup of Cuban coffee.

Viva plantados. 

Just put the sushi over there. Can I get some extra wasabi?

The money's on the table. Just split the tip amongst you all, okay?

Screenplay (working title: 'Soul On Ice')

miami vice-soul on ice.pdf

001.jpg.6e97f60b98115f121ce1eb69edc87eb0.jpg

Edited by johnnyfarragut
  • Like 1