Tim Truman Release is coming!

Tom

his latest news in January was quite specific that Universal gave green light:Topic: TIM TRUMAN ~ Update on Soundtrack CD Posted: 28 January 2009 at 1:22am Hello Friends ...Thank You ALL TT

Well, today marks 6 months, with no update on the project. Does anyone have a way to draw TT out of the studio, to give us an update on this project? He knows that the Vice fans are waiting, and I'm sure that he does not want to just leave everyone hanging, especially after the good news from 6 months ago??

• 4 months later...

This cd is great!! I highly recommend that you get this cd. There's lots of great tracks to.....Wait a minute.....there IS NO CD!!!This thread was created 11 months ago! :rolleyes:11 MONTHS AGO.What's the deal??:confused:

• Administrators

News of this album being released has been going on literally for years now. I personally will believe it when I see it!

My guess is that the project got the ax.The market for Vice music is just too small.

Especially after the movie came out. :rolleyes::p

Especially after the movie came out. :rolleyes::p

TT dropped the ball. He needed to have this release ready to hit the pipeline in August 2006, to capitalize on the MV hype created by the movie.

TT dropped the ball. He needed to have this release ready to hit the pipeline in August 2006' date=' to capitalize on the MV hype created by the movie.[/quote']I can't see it happening now. With all due respect, he's not even as marketable as JAN HAMMER (who has won numerous awards) or even has the name recognition, and Jan Hammer is not planning any more MIAMI VICE cds.

It´s not cheap putting out an album. It involves a lot of people and a lot of money. So naturally they would want the money spent to be earned again. I agree that the audience for a release like this is too small. That being said, I would love TT´s score for my collection. That´s why I believe the ideal solution would be for TT or Universal or whoever owns the rights for this work, to make it available for download on their website. That way die hard fans can get access to this treasure and they still make a buck or two. The idea being that you pay for your download, either by song or the entire album. This has been done before. Some artists even donate the money for charity.The record companies won´t even bother with a small scale project like this. You have got to be either U2 or the winner of American Idol or the new hot thing to be considered for an album. Because that´s where the sales and the money is in these times of piracy and decreacing cd sales. If you want this music you´ll have to hope for the download option that will minimize the cost and effort of publishing it.

It´s not cheap putting out an album.

it´s cheap and fast, because it would be no CD album which is costly (recording, sales costs) but a download via itunes or similar portals. TT has stored all his VICE master tapes in 88/89 on DAT, which means that he could directly upload it to a sales platform and start it off.This all said, I have no clue what takes so long after Universal obviously gave green light last winter.

TT dropped the ball. He needed to have this release ready to hit the pipeline in August 2006' date=' to capitalize on the MV hype created by the movie.[/quote']Without a doubt

All true.Since the prime marketing opportunity has been missed, best idea now is to make it available online somehow. But I'll bet that Universal will never put their rubber stamp on that one. TT's complete silence on this one is deafening.

I agreeI think Tim said that the release would most likely be download only.So i see no reason why Universal are delaying it from release.

Obviously, his busy busy recording schedule between 2004 and 2010 has precluded him from off-loading a task that would take all of about 8 hours for a 1st year web designer to accomplish....

Obviously' date=' his busy busy recording schedule between 2004 and 2010 has precluded him from off-loading a task that would take all of about 8 hours for a 1st year web designer to accomplish....[/quote']Thats why I doubt this release will ever see the light of Day -TT mentioned it over 6 years ago I believe.I wouldnt be suprised if rights from Universal could be an issue.

Guest neworder

TT mentioned it over 6 years ago I believe.I wouldnt be suprised if rights from Universal could be an issue.

It was 2006 when I discovered Tim Truman's myspace music page and subsequently started a thread on it on .org. He then joined there but hasn't said anything for years, I've e-mailed a couple of times on myspace with no reply so yeah think everyone here has hit the nail on the head, rights issues or expense and it should've been released after the hype of the movie.

Thats why I doubt this release will ever see the light of Day -TT mentioned it over 6 years ago I believe.I wouldnt be suprised if rights from Universal could be an issue.

the rights issue has been solved according to TT´s post in january 2009. What happened ever since is a mystery to me. It can´t take long to upload DAT master tapes to itunes.

• 2 months later...

Let's bring this thread into 2010How many words have been written on this subject?How many searches have been keyed into Google?I just ignore everything said so far and continue to hope for the best:A CD or Itunes release of all of Tim's fantasic tunes :glossy:

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to add one song from "Redemption in Blood" when Crockett visited the packing Celeste. Before when Ernesto (El Gato) enter and try to kill them. Background music is beautiful in this scene.I was looking for it everywhere but found nothing for two years. This is very personal for me and I have memories of a person :-)Below a link to this scene:

• 3 weeks later...

Redemption in BloodI would love to see the song that was played during the chase in the opening scene of Redemption in Blood - when Rico is running through the woods trying to get away from Sonny and his thugs. I love that song! Does anyone know the name of it? It is the instrumental song played right after "You never listen to me".I would LOVE that song to be included in the MV5 CD :)!

• 2 weeks later...

There's some demand for this soundtrack release, but not a vast demand. It's definitely enough to put it up on iTunes, and it would sell based on the "Miami Vice" brand name, alone.But regardless of piracy, there's no way there's not some money to be made if this release were put up on iTunes. Artists do download-only releases all the time on there. I do know for a fact, that getting stuff released on iTunes can be a bit of paperwork, but still shouldn't take more than a few months, even with rights tangling with a heavyweight like Universal.I think he's just abandoned it.The sad thing is, it was the last thing in the world of Vice that I wanted to discuss and deal with. It's the only "unfinished business" left with me as a fan of the series.