Tim Truman Release is coming!

Tom

Sorry to bring this thread back up. I've mainly been checking and lurking around hear simply to keep tabs with TT's possible release of season 5's soundtrack and it'd be a terrible shame if a great piece of work like this gets thrown down the toilet. Surely some of the admin staff have been keeping in touch with him? I think we'd appreciate that if they did and someone told us the exact nature of the problems.Anyway, here's to another go-lucky year for TT and Miami Vice!

• Administrators

I had e-mailed Tim back in February and he replied. Told me he was having lunch with Universal executives the day after Valentine's Day. I asked him to please keep me posted but no reply since. Guess it's time to e-mail him again!

Before I came to ask this, I checked Wikipedia (I know, groan), and the headline read "Tim Truman, writer, artist, musician." I stopped by a local comic shop on national Free Comic Day last weekend and I found a book called Dragon Chiang, on the back it said, "18 wheelin', Chinese communist, truck drivin' action," and I had to have it. Very entertaining, unlikely hero going through the hinterland, a pinko Mad Max. Would this be the same TT?

• Administrators

I had e-mailed Tim back in February and he replied. Told me he was having lunch with Universal executives the day after Valentine's Day. I asked him to please keep me posted but no reply since. Guess it's time to e-mail him again!

Tim's reply:Hi. I am in France for the Cannes Film Festival. The meeting was pushed back. Very frustrating for me. I will keep you posted. Tim Truman

Tim's reply:

Great - thanks Lou. I had a feeling we'd get an acknowledgement from Tim - eventually. I will guess that he has not given up on the project. But does this mean we will see this CD "some day"?Let the guessing (wagering?) begin?

Dragon Chiang, on the back it said, "18 wheelin', Chinese communist, truck drivin' action," and I had to have it. Very entertaining, unlikely hero going through the hinterland, a pinko Mad Max. Would this be the same TT?

No, this is another TT, he is from New Jersey or Pennsylvania and is a famous comic book writer. If you google "Tim Truman" most links will be about him.

• 2 weeks later...

Shame this doesn't seem to be happening, I was really looking forward to a Truman release as it would finish my Miami Vice music collection nicely. Especially the three songs he wrote for S5, they were all awesome.Still, here's hoping...

• 4 weeks later...

Tim posted today on mv.org:Posted: Today at 6:35am Hi Everyone ~I have felt so helpless with all of your requests. Years and years of very sincere emails. I feel like I should have re-recorded the cues like Jan did - but I was off scoring other productions. I will FIND A WAY to get a batch released to you. Including "Everything Inside of Me". Right now I have written a screenplay that I am also directing. Some amazing actors are joining the story. We shoot in Nov. 2010. I will also score the film ~ and you can be sure you will hear the music!. Everything evolves. We all step to our next place.I never was able to have the meeting with the Universal Music Group guy because of his work load - but I will! You all know what my first question is?It is weird to me ~ if ANYONE wants some music - give it to them!Some are short - some are UNDER the scene - but if anyone wants them - OFFER THEM. TT TIM TRUMAN

Interesting. But ... I have no idea what he is saying in the last one third of his post. Anyone know how to translate Hollywoodspeak into English?

• Administrators

I hate to sound less than optomistic but I'm beginning to lose faith here. The promises have been going on literally for years. I don't blame Tim because the music industry has proven time and time again how blatantly ignorant they are of what the public wants and how to give it to them.

Keeping the faith...barely.You wouldn't think it would be this hard to get his tracks onto itunes or something. Its a shame because he did some great work.The day I heard the helicopter cue on his myspace site still ranks as one of my most memorable, just an awesome tune.

I hate to sound less than optomistic but I'm beginning to lose faith here. The promises have been going on literally for years.

my first thinking upon reading his post was quite sarcastic.The time is really running out on us here and this ain´t a joke. I´m nearly 40 now and Tim´s gotta be around 60 at least. What are they waiting for? Until everybody remembering MV or working on the series has died? Are they doing this on purpose or are they (Universal) just ignorant?Here is Tim´s latest reply to my post:tom71 posted:Posted: 17 June 2010 at 7:54pm Thanks, Tim for the update. Interesting for me to see what happened after January 2009 when you posted that release plans finally moved forward. As far as I know, you have all scores on DAT, so release on itunes or similar can´t be costly - what did Universal prevent from agreeing? Distribution costs are close to zero, they do not have to do a lot and your stuff will have more paid downloads than most popular music artists have on itunes. I simply do not get it what is the issue here? Do they not understand how internet music distribution works? Do they not like to earn easy money? I understand your latest sentence that you feel your music is below the attention mark of Universal. Maybe for them, for many fans of you including me it´s not. Reply TTruman Posted: Today at 3:41am I could not agree with you more! I have the original mastered scores on DAT. I would only need to do a mastering session to get them ready to deliver. Universal Music Group owns the recordings(Masters) and the Publishing (these are all "Made for Hire" copyrights). The ONLY thing I can possibly see in the way is that every session was a UNION session. Which would require a "REUSE" payment. That's it!REUSE would need to RE-pay any musicians that played on the date.Other then that Michael Mann & Don Johnson Have both told me they would like to write some comments about that final year and include them with the download. Nice ~I am going forward ~TT

I am going forward ~TT

OK - at least that makes things very clear now.Before that statement, I was not sure about moving forward, or pushing it aside.

• 1 month later...
I hope he does' date=' the music from the last episode is unforgettable in my book and I would love to own it.[/quote'] AMEN, the song that plays before Terry Kath's Tell Me is one of my favorite works, that and when Don's Burnett, and talks to his girl.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I could not agree with you more! I have the original mastered scores on DAT. I would only need to do a mastering session to get them ready to deliver. Universal Music Group owns the recordings(Masters) and the Publishing (these are all "Made for Hire" copyrights). The ONLY thing I can possibly see in the way is that every session was a UNION session. Which would require a "REUSE" payment. That's it!REUSE would need to RE-pay any musicians that played on the date.Other then that Michael Mann & Don Johnson Have both told me they would like to write some comments about that final year and include them with the download. Nice ~I am going forward ~TT

That would be unbelievable. I just hope that's not exactly what it is.....

• 7 months later...
  • Administrators

I've e-mailed with Tim several times over the past few years and unfortunately it's always promises, promises. Don't understand it. He actually went as far as to join the site to give us updates but never posted.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/member.php?926-TTruman

I've e-mailed with Tim several times over the past few years and unfortunately it's always promises' date=' promises. Don't understand it. He actually went as far as to join the site to give us updates but never posted.[/quote'] Of course it might not necessarily be HIS fault... He may well want to release his material and have every intention of doing so, but if the studio won't allow it and no company will provide the services required, then it just won't happen.It's a shame, I can't see how anyone can cite a fear of losing money as a factor, because so many people are calling for this. I guess it's just bone-idle laziness on someone's part...

• Administrators

Agreed. Jan Hammer hit the same roadblocks trying to release "The Complete Collection" because the music he created was owned by Universal. It was to be a one time release but now it can be downloaded off of his website, which makes me wonder why Tim can't do the same? Why wouldn't Universal like to make a little cash with music that's just sitting on the shelf collecting dust?Again, the idea of offering his music as downloads was pitched to Tim and he responded positively. But, it never went any further than that.

It was to be a one time release but now it can be downloaded off of his website...

Seriously?! Damn, I paid good money for that album on CD!