Tim Truman Release is coming!

Tom

Yeah, that thing was commanding some amazing prices in the used market. It got to where I was afraid to take mine out of the house. (Purchased at Best Buy in its official release, for the record.)

Yeah' date=' that thing was commanding some amazing prices in the used market. It got to where I was afraid to take mine out of the house. (Purchased at Best Buy in its official release, for the record.)[/quote'] To the tune of... [*sound of fingers typing on keyboard*] TWO HUNDRED FITTY BUCKS on eBay?!?! Whoa!

• 3 weeks later...

Shame after all these years TT cant release the Season 5 material - TT originally said he hoped to release it in 2006 when MV 2006 was released worldwide.:D

Shame after all these years TT cant release the Season 5 material - TT originally said he hoped to release it in 2006 when MV 2006 was released worldwide.:D

Yeah, I've just started watching Season 5 again and it's reminded me how much I miss having a Truman CD!

• 1 month later...

All these releases not happening are so sad.I had a dream in which Tim Truman would release everything he did for Vice in the good old CD box (maybe a 3 CD set would do?) format and also Jan Hammer would one day release a CD box (I suppose a 10 CD set would do) with everything he did also. About Jan, in this "wish" of mine, hopefully no editions and no transforming 16 seconds cues in 3 minutes not-that-spontaneous-anymore-tracks: I just don't like when he "improves" it (I actually can't stand what Jan did by adding a drum section to "Poem", the poem was lost!)Imagine even a box set with Hammer and Truman music together! Wonderful, but time to wake up...All this complete (truly) releases from Truman and Hammer, unfortunately, probably will never happen (I could even delete "probably"). Sad, because I consider both of them only behind MM, DJ, PMT and EJO in importance to Miami Vice.Also, I regret that Jan release is only available now on the site, and regret that if TT release ever happen it will be the same way. I suppose Jan's is in a compressed format like mp3 (and TT also will). Whoever got the CDs from JH got the music with the best sound possible up to this day (this might seem a little theoretic, but depending on the case, an mp3 can sound worse than the original CD even to those who don't care much about "audiophile" talk)

Over on davidlynch.com they are releasing cues and music by Angelo Badalamenti from Twin Peaks in their entirety and as they were originally broadcast in the early 90's (FREAKING AWESOME!)at a very reasonable price. It is a huge archive and it grows more and more each month. So...don't give up hope.

All these releases not happening are so sad.I had a dream in which Tim Truman would release everything he did for Vice in the good old CD box (maybe a 3 CD set would do?) format and also Jan Hammer would one day release a CD box (I suppose a 10 CD set would do) with everything he did also. About Jan' date=' in this "wish" of mine, hopefully no editions and no transforming 16 seconds cues in 3 minutes not-that-spontaneous-anymore-tracks: I just don't like when he "improves" it (I actually can't stand what Jan did by adding a drum section to "Poem", the poem was lost!)Imagine even a box set with Hammer and Truman music together! Wonderful, but time to wake up...All this complete (truly) releases from Truman and Hammer, unfortunately, probably will never happen (I could even delete "probably"). Sad, because I consider both of them only behind MM, DJ, PMT and EJO in importance to Miami Vice.Also, I regret that Jan release is only available now on the site, and regret that if TT release ever happen it will be the same way. I suppose Jan's is in a compressed format like mp3 (and TT also will). Whoever got the CDs from JH got the music with the best sound possible up to this day (this might seem a little theoretic, but depending on the case, an mp3 can sound worse than the original CD even to those who don't care much about "audiophile" talk)[/quote']All the music from JAN HAMMER and TIM TRUMAN will one day be released. Perhaps not any time soon or in the near future, but eventually, it will. Remember what Crockett said in WHATEVER WORKS, "Never is a long, long time Pal." It will happen, just not as soon as we would like. Soundtrack labels like INTRADA could do it someday. La La Land Records put out lots of music from STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION. I think it was a 3 CD set with lots of episodic music from the series. http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7235/.fIt'll happen....someday.

I hear you, buddy! I so want this to happen! Both to TT and JH.Personally I also hope the cues are untouched. For me, the raw thing is the thing. I just want the dialogues out, the noises out, just the music. If the cue goes just 15 seconds that's ok to me. If the cue is a little longer than the way it appeared in the episode, I want that, but if it is exactly as long as it appears in it, that's great.

I hear you' date=' buddy! I so want this to happen! Both to TT and JH.Personally I also hope the cues are untouched. For me, the raw thing is the thing. I just want the dialogues out, the noises out, just the music. If the cue goes just 15 seconds that's ok to me. If the cue is a little longer than the way it appeared in the episode, I want that, but if it is exactly as long as it appears in it, that's great.[/quote']I'm with you pal!

• 4 weeks later...

I suppose there's still a chance. Look at Hammer's Complete Collection - I picked that up fairly cheap a few years ago but copies were selling for $600 and up at one point. Now it's available to download for just a few dollars.

• Administrators

I've been in touch with TT via e-mail several times over the past few years (not lately) and it always ends up with empty promises. I hate to say it but I think he's lost interest in the idea.

I've been in touch with TT via e-mail several times over the past few years (not lately) and it always ends up with empty promises. I hate to say it but I think he's lost interest in the idea.

That's pretty sad. There certainly seems to be the demand out there. I guess it's just not widespread enough.

• 6 months later...

I emailed Tim ages ago with a few questions - not just about a release of his music as I'm genuinely curious about his work on the show - but I never got a reply.

• 2 months later...
It was months ago' date=' I very much doubt I'll get a response now. I might email him again some time though.[/quote']Did you hear anything ?:D

Miami Vice was over 20 years ago, I don't think it will ever happen. It would need a huge request to get this going (from the community), but I don't see it happening.

Miami Vice was over 20 years ago' date=' I don't think it will ever happen. It would need a huge request to get this going (from the community), but I don't see it happening.[/quote']I agree Tim said he was hoping to do some in 2006 for the movie release of MV - but nothing happened :D

Miami Vice was over 20 years ago' date=' I don't think it will ever happen. It would need a huge request to get this going (from the community), but I don't see it happening.[/quote']True, but Jan Hammer only released his Ultimate Collection recently, and the show hasn't been out on DVD that long. While I agree it's unlikely, the show has generated new releases in recent years.