Tim Truman Release is coming!

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Ultimate Collection recently, and the show hasn't been out on DVD that long. While I agree it's unlikely, the show has generated new releases in recent years.

Jan Hammer is known around the world, unlike Tim Truman (at least that's how I would see it) so it is a different story. With every day passing chances of a release are becoming more and more unlikely, sadly...

• 1 year later...

Marvellous song "No way out" from Don Johnson and Tim Truman - cut especially for "Freefall " very soon before it aired . Brill stuff :D  :fireworks: 

• 2 years later...

It's a shame everything went so quiet on this, I'm re-watching season 5 at the moment and I' forgotten how rocking some of his score music was. Plus the three songs he penned for the final season ("Everything's Inside of Me", "No Way Out" and "Help Me Through the Night") were all great.

Too bad none of it's ever come out.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I would pay top dollar for an official release of the season 5 music. The music in 'Over the Line', 'Freefall', 'Redemption In Blood'....even the less than stellar episodes, often had an amazing work from Truman. 

i wish something would have happened with this, it greatly saddens me. 

I really like Tim Truman's musical contributions, I don't think he gets the respect he deserves by being overshadowed by Jan Hammer. He definitely brought a more grittier feel to the show...Just sayin' 

Edited by mvnyc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mvnyc said:

I really like Tim Truman's musical contributions, I don't think he gets the respect he deserves by being overshadowed by Jan Hammer. He definitely brought a more grittier feel to the show...Just sayin' 

I agree ! edgy and perfect for the dark ride Season 5 took us on !

• 2 months later...

So?  This topic post was from  2009 , it is 2017 and and Tim Truman's release is still "coming"  as we see it....    Any news from Tim Truman? Can anyone write him an email this year?

• 1 month later...
On 04/12/2016 at 8:46 AM, S0NNY said:

So?  This topic post was from  2009 , it is 2017 and and Tim Truman's release is still "coming"  as we see it....    Any news from Tim Truman? Can anyone write him an email this year?

Before that Tim Truman himself said around 2006 he had hoped to release a Miami Vice Season 5 compilation :done:

On 1/16/2017 at 5:13 AM, Matt5 said:

Before that Tim Truman himself said around 2006 he had hoped to release a Miami Vice Season 5 compilation :done:

We have been waiting for those promises since .org days.  Keep waiting. i dont think it is coming, sorry.

• Like 1

Just now, S0NNY said:

We have been waiting for those promises since .org days.  Keep waiting. i dont think it is coming, sorry.

Shame! If so at least we have a few official TT cues already from Season 5:D:done::)

4 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Shame! If so at least we have a few official TT cues already from Season 5:D:done::)

what cues?  you mean two or so tracks that he posted in myspace years ago? i remember i grabbed those tracks with some special app back in the day, i have to admit :))

Just now, S0NNY said:

what cues?  you mean two or so tracks that he posted in myspace years ago? i remember i grabbed those tracks with some special app back in the day, i have to admit :))

Yes those but there were more than two wasn't there? I also grabbed them cues :-))

1 minute ago, Matt5 said:

Yes those but there were more than two wasn't there? I also grabbed them cues :-))

matt, i can you give me your email? :) i ll send you a message regarding the music:) or you can write me to my mail, i will reply :) better lets talk privately about it:)   pasauliokrashtas@gmail.com 

• Like 1

Just now, S0NNY said:

matt, i can you give me your email? :) i ll send you a message regarding the music:) or you can write me to my mail, i will reply :) better lets talk privately about it:)   pasauliokrashtas@gmail.com 

Why not just private message  me here - there's nothing private I don't think everyone knows about the cues released by TT  :D

• 5 months later...

There are 13 tracks that he placed on MySpace in 2006/7 incl two of the songs (no way out, help me through the night). They are spanning across lots of episodes and are great to listen to. 

• Like 1

The MP3s I have are at a low quality bit rate. Sounds like the source was streaming around 64kbps--maybe 96 at the highest. Anyway, does anybody know where to get higher quality versions?

Edited by Dadrian

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

The MP3s I have are at a low quality bit rate. Sounds like the source was streaming around 64kbps--maybe 96 at the highest. Anyway, does anybody where to get higher quality versions?

I would be interested too in knowing this :hippie:

• 1 month later...

Just wanna say that I absolutely love Truman's work on S5. It really gave the show a new feel. While Hammer is a music god, Truman is still really good and gave us some rockin music. If MV had continued for another season, I definitely would have kept him on.

I'd like a release too but I ain't gonna hold my breath.

:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2017 at 6:33 PM, Remington said:

Just wanna say that I absolutely love Truman's work on S5. It really gave the show a new feel. While Hammer is a music god, Truman is still really good and gave us some rockin music.

I've said before that I really appreciate the different sound Truman went for with his score. While I'd never say his work was better than the iconic vibe that Hammer gave the show, I do genuinely believe his guitar- and drum-driven sound was a better fit for the dark, bleak tone of the final season that Hammer's more cheery synth would have been. It gives it an edge that really complements the overall nihilistic of those later episodes.

Every now and then I pop back here hoping against hope that there'll be some good news on this, but sadly I see there's still nada. It's becoming increasingly frustrating in a way, because today the practical cost involved with getting this stuff released must surely be getting lower and lower, what with widespread online digital sales. How much can it possibly cost to get the mp3s put up for sale on Amazon or iTunes? There's so much obscure stuff available on there these days, it must be practically zilch.

Edited by Leigh Burne
  • Like 1