Tom

Tim Truman Release is coming!

Ferrariman    379
Ferrariman
On 8/30/2017 at 10:33 AM, Remington said:

I'd like a release too but I ain't gonna hold my breath.

:thumbsup:

Gave up holding mine a few years ago.

Dadrian    760
Dadrian

The issue (per Jan Hammer's manager) is that those cues belong to Universal, not the respective composers/performers. I guess maybe it's hard to get Universal to play ball for such a relatively small market. 

• Like 1

Tom    180
Tom

Tim Truman was meeting a guy from Universal for that reason and signaled that they will support but after a while nothing happened. No clue what is the issue with Universal as no mixing or record company is needed to prepare the stuff for release, i.e. Zero cost of publishing. Truman told me that he had stored all cues on DAT (digital audio tape) in 1989 and it would be only a matter of hours to upload that stuff for release.

• Like 1

Dadrian    760
Dadrian

I think maybe Jan started storing everything on DAT in season 3. Notice how so many season 3 and 4 cues (original and redone from 1 and 2) turned up on the second disc of the CC? :birdie:

• Like 1

Leigh Burne    15
Leigh Burne
29 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

I think maybe Jan started storing everything on DAT in season 3. Notice how so many season 3 and 4 cues (original and redone from 1 and 2) turned up on the second disc of the CC? :birdie:

Plenty of stuff from season 3, but there's still almost nothing from season 4 been released. The only cue we've had is Hammer's wedding piece. Granted most of the stuff from that season was actually Petersen's work, and his music has even less chance of seeing a release than Tim's :)

Tom    180
Tom
vor 9 Stunden schrieb Dadrian:

Jan had the same issue as Tim as Universal owns the rights. He circumvented the issue by re-recording all scores for the CD. Obviously that is a labor of love given the effort needed (and reason why he will not release more). Thus it was irrelevant for the track list choice where he stored the cues originally.

• Like 1