Unreleased Jan Hammer cues from Miami Vice

Crockettt

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, at the end of the Maze there's the marimba melody of Colombia. Right on...

In Nobody lives forever, I don't think that trumpet (?) sound is part of the song? Not very Jan Hammer like. But the rest is cool. Thanks, Crockett!

1 hour ago, Den Taylor said:

In Nobody lives forever, I don't think that trumpet (?) sound is part of the song? Not very Jan Hammer like. But the rest is cool. Thanks, Crockett!

The Maze: I always wondered if that's how that cue ended up in Prodigal Son when they blow up the dead drop. 

Nobody: Do you mean when Tubbs is playing the saxophone? I always wondered who they got to play that part. Was it recorded on the location (offscreen), or did Jan call in a marker (uncredited)?

Yeah, saxophone - my bad. :D
Maybe Philip played it himself seeing that he was a musician as well? (I actually like the album he released in 88)

In what episode was this anyway?

Edited by Den Taylor

Idk, but I would be very surprised if it was him. The lines are those of a full-timer. I'm wrong a lot, though ha. 

Any PMT experts know about his saxophone skills?

On 17.01.2017 at 9:49 PM, Den Taylor said:

It sounds more like kalimba to me. That sound was also used in Florence Italy cue.

Edited by Crockettt

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent. Keep 'em coming! :thumbsup:

Does anyone know if the guitar part in Boat Rush (both the normal and alternative version) was used in another cue and maybe longer? I really enjoy these guitars, eh keyboard sounds, they're just blasting! He should have made it longer.....like with When irish eyes are crying, that melody is pretty similar actually. :o)

• Like 1

@Den Taylor You may already know, but Boat Rush (as well as some others from "One-Eyed Jack") resurfaced in "Streetwise" from Season 3. I don't know if it's longer or shorter, though. I haven't watched that one in awhile. 

Edited by Dadrian

On 23/12/2016 at 10:52 AM, Crockettt said:

Merry Christmas! :)

I love this theme from "Buddies" and "Deliver us from Evil" wasn't it used also in " Forgive us our Debts"?!

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

It says "private" for me :( 

This did appear briefly also in Season 3s "Forgive us our Debts" didn't it Dadrian ?!:radio::done:

Edited by Matt5

1 hour ago, Matt5 said:

This did appear briefly also in Season 3s "Forgive us our Debts" didn't it Dadrian ?!:radio::done:

Idk. I can't view the video. I'm sure you're correct though. :thumbsup:

• Like 1