Unreleased Jan Hammer cues from Miami Vice

Crockettt

Thank You so much!

New stuff :

Boat Rush was also heard in THE FIX.

Hey, Crockettt, your doing some nice work here. I'm really digg'in your thread here. I used to post these gems on the JAN HAMMER fan site we had long ago.

You want to give members here a thrill? Want a track that's pretty clean, and strong? Then post the car chase from CALDERONE'S RETURN PT2. GREAT action music!

Also on my wish list is the music from the boat chase from PAYBACK, and the car chase from GIVE A LITTLE, TAKE A LITTLE. I also like the sad music for SARAH from YANKEE DOLLAR. I suspect that these will come out better with your software, than my vocal eliminator did.

I'm digg'in it! Keep it up dude!

Enjoy! :)

See?   :radio:  SWEET WITH A CAPITAL "S"!   :clap:

Now, about the others high on my list..... ;)

THANKS CROCKETTT, YOU MADE MY DAY!

@Coop

car chase music from Give a Little, Take a Little:

Something from Golden Triangle :)

Edited by Crockettt
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Recently, fu****g YouTube has been blocked some of my music videos from Miami Vice (Trudy's Theme, Black Mercedes, Dutch Oven), so i decided to upload only audio version. Hope it will works now.

Edited by Crockettt
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Do you happen to have the one  that plays in the beginning of Sons and Lovers when the shootout happens? ''Don't touch the door Zito, it's wired!''

I think it also played in the Home Invaders :p

These are great, Crockettt. There's a track in 'Phil the Shill' that plays when Izzy introduces himself to Phil as 'Isidro Moreno, decorator of the interior'. That track has a superb bassline, but I haven't come across it as a track on its own.

These are great, Crockettt. There's a track in 'Phil the Shill' that plays when Izzy introduces himself to Phil as 'Isidro Moreno, decorator of the interior'. That track has a superb bassline, but I haven't come across it as a track on its own.

It's cover version by Rick Leon, but very close to original :)

Edited by Crockettt
  • Like 2

Wonderful. The attack on the lead instrument is a bit sharp, though. I've also just realised that it might be an e-piano; I thought it was some kind of plucked instrument (hence my referring to it as a bass in my previous post).

Edit: But it's a very classy composition.

Edited by Touch of Class

I was able to extract marvellous Castillo's Theme used in Bushido, Payback, Walk-Alone, Cuba Libre and The Rising Sun Of Death. Hope you like it :)

• Like 4

Hey Crockett,

Love your cues, but a question:  Probably a stupid question: Where are you getting the titles from?  Are you just naming them based on the particular scene or are they actual titles? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, fantastic work :) Do you have the version of 'Theresa' that is played in that episode when Sonny and Theresa are arguing about her drug addiction by the car?

I wish a specialty label like INTRADA records or LA LA LAND RECORDS would release some limited edition CDs of JAN HAMMER's MIAMI VICE scores. It should be easy to do, and no Orchestra re-use fees (which are costly) as it's just one composer & performer.  I'd also like the actual tracks used, and not re-done versions. INTRADA has worked with UNIVERSAL TV before to release the 80's music CDs to THE TV series, AMAZING STORIES.

The tracks are in stereo, and it should be an easy transfer. I have yet to ask the owner of INTRADA records (whom I've met, and know when I used to do a radio show years ago) to do this, as I'm pretty busy on this site doing what I do. He get's lots of suggestions, so I don't think it's something he'd be too into. Large orchestral scores is what he usually does (and what I absolutely love!).

JAN HAMMER said in an interview that he's working on a CD compilation of unreleased stuff, but nothing seems to be on the way. It may not have anything to do with MIAMI VICE, as he didn't specify what it was. He may not even do it. No news about it. I read about this on wikipedia I think. 

The fight on the boat music came out REALLY well! Better than I expected! It turned out waaay better than when I did it years ago. What a WONDERFUL track!!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT