Unreleased Jan Hammer cues from Miami Vice

Crockettt

Great idea Coop! I can give them entire Jan's score from Season 1 (except for Rites of Passage), most of score from Season 2 and 3 without voices and sound effects. They might remastered them a bit and released on CDs along with songs written especially for Vice: Today's Beginning, Acoustic version of Glenn Frey, Love is for sale, Cold Wind Blow and Valhalla.

If they released them, they would use the actual master recordings, and would digitally master the individual multi tracks.  They already have ties to Universal. I'm guessing they would most likely just want to release JAN HAMMER's score. It's possible they could also release tracks especially written for the series, but that may increase costs. It's possible though.

I've often thought of us here starting some kind of campain to get Doug at INTRADA to notice us. I don't know the guys at LA LA LAND records, but they also have ties to UNIVERSAL, and they tend to take more chances like this to possibly do it. 

I just want this item soooo bad.

I was able to extract marvellous Castillo's Theme used in Bushido, Payback, Walk-Alone, Cuba Libre and The Rising Sun Of Death. Hope you like it :)

Great work!!

One of my favourite Jan's cue:

Classy. I think the bit of background noise from the restaurant adds an enjoyable touch to this track. 

• Like 1

I was able to extract marvellous Castillo's Theme used in Bushido, Payback, Walk-Alone, Cuba Libre and The Rising Sun Of Death. Hope you like it :)

Wonderful!  Haunting and reflective like Castillo's character.

• Like 2

BRILLIANT!!  Love the new cues Bundy (actually, it's "Bandi", not Bundy lol!) and the Absolutely beautiful beginning to the French Twist track that really is a type of JAN HAMMER "elevator music" that is just stunningly beautiful.

I've used my equipment on that one, and, like I've already said, yours come out much, MUCH better than mine ever did. Clean sound, and yours cuts out more sound effects and dialog than mine. Yours is superior!  I many have been the first to do it, ..but you do it better!

I'd like to hear more tracks from FRENCH TWIST, as there is lots more to rip from this episode.

MORE, MORE MORE!!!!

Great Job Crockettt!! Keep this up!

(if you need any suggestions on tracks that turn out well doing this, such as the wonderful Reydolfo's dinner track can also be ripped from GIVE A LITTLE, TAKE A LITTLE with the music from the club, but with more tom tom drums, I can still recommend some, or, just do what your doing, as your doing great!!!)

I'm a really big fan of this Crockettt!!

-COOP

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

Thank You Coop for Your kind words! :) I will upload more cues from French Twist soon :) I also have Reydolfo's dinner from Give a Little, Take a Little and other track from the club when Gina talks with Ramirez :)

• Like 1

There are so many episodes where music by Hammer was great! I was watching two episodes last night, and tried to imagine what the music sounded like with the SFX and dialog.

I'm looking forward to your next posts!

Your doing a fantastic job, and I'm your biggest fan and supporter! 

• Like 1

Another cue from French Twist. I also have two other cues, but i have to remaster them first.

Florence Italy Score :

WONDERFUL! I'm really digg'in this dude!  The quality seems to get better with every post! I think your doing this as good as it can be done. The Florence Italy track rocks. It sounds cleaner now, a higher quality sound. Tepper's Crime was great to hear, as that is one that I never isolated and copied myself. Nice to hear it for the first time! 

I figured that you'd at some point in doing French Twist tracks that you'd do Danielle Instinct. So glad you did! There are others from French Twist that I'm thinking of, and look forward to hearing. Bandi's music is always a great thrill to hear. 

Once again, you are doing a WONDERFUL job, and I can hear the quality in the recordings!  

You are sure doing it the right way! It's a delight to turn on the computer, and see a new posting by you!!  Such an awesome thrill!

Looking forward VERY MUCH to what you have next!

Your fan,

COOP

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This 'Black Mercedes' is delicious. The barely-restrained power of the Memorymoog is expertly overlayed with the luminous staccato of the DX7. The space between these two elements is filled with a warm string section, which has just the right amount of brightness. The subtle 'shaker' percussion maintains the tension right up to the satisfying chord drop at the end.

It's Jan Hammer. I can't help myself.

Edit: Does anyone know what key it's written in?

Edited by Touch of Class
  • Like 1

Great track as always. It's Jan Hammer, enough said.

Touch of Class, nice analysis, you're right about the keyboards. The key is Bb minor.

Edit: Does anyone know what key it's written in?
  • Like 2

Wonderful new tracks! Yay!!! I'm really getting into the new tracks you post. Your tracks are coming out soooo well now! Very well done!

I was watching BOUGHT AND PAID FOR, and love the music in that one. The car chase music is great music. Also, variations of that theme are in the episode, like when Crockett drives to Odette's house in the rain.

Not sure how it would all turn out, as not every track will come out well due to sound effects etc..,(your equipment is better than mine), but I've always liked the car chase music. It would also be great to hear the same car chase music from CALDRONE'S RETURN PT 2 when they chase the shooter after he kills the guy in the limo. The sniper music for that episode is also great, and turned out good when I did it years ago. Mostly pretty clean. When the shooter shoots the guy in the limo, and the music for when he tries to shoot Crockett turned out good. Most likely, it will sound better when you do it. 

My continued praise for a job VERY well done!!

VERY much looking forward to what you post next!!

-COOP

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

Thanks Guys! :) Coop, I was able to extract main theme from Bought and Paid For (great covered by nofretz) in good quality. I also have chase music previously used in The Hit List, but didn't come well because there's quite a lot of cars sounds.

I have better version of this cue from The Hit List so i will upload it soon :)

Edited by Crockettt

Crockettt:

I have audacity, but I never knew I could use it to break down 5.1 audio. Could you please maybe PM and point me in the right direction so I can utilize this process the help make NEW COVERS??

Thanks so much for the great videos!!

• Like 1

The car chase music from BOUGHT AND PAID FOR is great music. I too didn't get a clean copy of the car chase from  HIT LIST, because of car sounds, but the sniper's theme should be fine.

I'm looking forward to your posts!

I'm hoping NOFRETZ can start up his covers again too!

I'll keep checking back.... This is my favorite thread!!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT