Unreleased Jan Hammer cues from Miami Vice

Crockettt

COOP's FAVORITE THREAD!!  I love this thread, and I visit ALL THE TIME! Thank you so much for posting these! Please, Please, post more!

How about Sarah's theme from Yankee Dollar. There are several cues that could be used for that theme, like after the teaser, and when Crockett is driving, and looks over and see's a woman who looks like Sarah.

How about the music when Tubbs is digging thru files in the ocb and is almost caught in RED TAPE? Great Hammer sequencers in that one! 

How about the music from RITES OF PASSAGE where Crockett and Tubbs hurry to stop Valerie from killing her sisters killers.

How about the music from PRODIGAL SON. Lots of great stuff in there that should come out great! Still missing the great piece where Tubbs is waiting outside of Valeries apartment, and then goes up to visit. Lots of the NEW YORK theme in fragments that need to be released!

Your the only man to do it now. I did it years ago, but with older technology. You do it better than I was able to.

Great job with the new tracks! 

Check out this related thread with pictures....

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php/topic/12374-how-our-member-crockettt-saved-my-sanity/#entry194920

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Crockett your posts of Hammer's music is fantastic! I would love to hear and have a clip of what I like to call "Ramano's theme" from Streetwise. The most memorable scene of this theme was when Crockett is sitting in the Testarossa talking to Ramano about being undercover.I love the line Crockett says to Ramano, "Your not walking the line, your over it. And you took a walk on the wild side pal, but you forgot to come back." I think you get the picture. I love that theme.

• 2 months later...

I have not had a chance to go through all the cues yet>

Hopefully the finale from HEROES OF THE REVOLUTION is included (its fairly clean on the dvd)

Great tracks, man!

bruce 

• 3 months later...

Crockett,

First of all, awesome. Cheers to you for sharing these gems. They set off an immediate reaction bringing me 

back to 1984 on all the sounds I came to love. You inspired me to find one that I think I may have missed. It played a couple of times in the series, but one of the cleaner times was during 'El Viejo', right after Castillo talks to Crockett & Tubbs in his office. 

Here's the sound, wondering if anyone had any luck pulling a better version.  DEEP SYNTHS!!

Thanks again for posting

Dan

Miami Vice - S3E7 - El Viejo_01B.mp3

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On April 23, 2014 at 3:26 AM, Crockettt said:

I extract music from DVDs of Miami Vice in Audacity software. Audio is in 5.1 Dolby Digital so I'm able to get the music without voices and sounds effect. :)

Nice effort! I hadn't thought about that. I've used it for recording LP's from a USB turn table like the PMT LP.

Thanks! Great share, i've been searching this cue for ages! One of my very favourites from Hammer. Chills your blood!

• Like 1

On June 8, 2016 at 2:56 PM, Crockettt said:

Enjoy!

Any of the rips I shared with you recently gonna be on YouTube? I can't remember if I did any that you didn't :) 

there's just so many!

This thread is a treasure chest, thank you so much for all your hard work, and thank you also to Dadrian Wilson. I discovered your cover versions and I seriously cannot tell the difference at all, you are a master at the synth! 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Tony_MontanaCDL said:

...and thank you also to Dadrian Wilson. I discovered your cover versions and I seriously cannot tell the difference at all, you are a master at the synth! 

Jeez!! You're welcome. Anytime I get a comment like this it makes it worth every moment, and that's A LOT of moments! Thank, YOU!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nofretz said:

Jeez!! You're welcome. Anytime I get a comment like this it makes it worth every moment, and that's A LOT of moments! Thank, YOU!

I particularly like your cover of the teaser themes from "Yankee Dollar"/"Free Verse"  and "Walk Alone" in particular the "Walk Alone" teaser as its quite bluesy:D:D

3 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Dadrian - do you think you will do any more covers - or any on your radar so to speak after your Miami trip:D:D

Considering the number of hours of undivided attention required to make one of those tunes, I don't see any way to make one anytime soon. I really wish I could though. I enjoy making them. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2016 at 4:08 PM, nofretz said:

Considering the number of hours of undivided attention required to make one of those tunes, I don't see any way to make one anytime soon. I really wish I could though. I enjoy making them. 

Yes I understand Dadrian :D:D

• Like 1

I would feel bad giving a request for one of those tunes. The attention of detail and precision, as well as the perfect timing of everything is absolutely incredible and I can only imagine how difficult they are to make. It takes true talent to make stuff like that, and lots of hard work. I'm grateful to have experience something so beautifully crafted. I mean, no joke, you could be standing in front of me playing this stuff yourself and I'd STILL think you are really Jan Hammer! 

• Like 1

Thanks for understanding! I sincerely appreciate the nice comments, too. The intention was definitely to make the songs as if they'd stepped straight off the show, yet still make sense as an arrangement. I wanted that to be available to anyone in the world who (like myself) wanted to hear that. I didn't want anybody to hear ME :) 

Covering those cues was a great journey, though. The things I learned about recording/making digital music proved to be very helpful in projects that are me. Believe it or not, all my personal musical contacts are completely oblivious to this (Miami Vice) facet of my musicality. To them I'm just "that bass player"--who can somehow help out the piano player with complex chords upon request :) 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, nofretz said:

Thanks for understanding! I sincerely appreciate the nice comments, too. The intention was definitely to make the songs as if they'd stepped straight off the show, yet still make sense as an arrangement. I wanted that to be available to anyone in the world who (like myself) wanted to hear that. I didn't want anybody to hear ME :) 

Covering those cues was a great journey, though. The things I learned about recording/making digital music proved to be very helpful in projects that are me. Believe it or not, all my personal musical contacts are completely oblivious to this (Miami Vice) facet of my musicality. To them I'm just "that bass player"--who can somehow help out the piano player with complex chords upon request :) 

You did a fine job - I still have some of your cover cues on my phone:D:D

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1