Real Wayfarers ?

Crockettt

They sure are the real deal. 

That is the exact same model Ray Ban Wayfarer (B&L 5022 tortoise shell) sunglasses, that Crockett/Johnson wore in season 2. (I owned a pair once)

Of course, you propably didn't mean what I first thought that you meant, by thinking that they were used physically on-screen.

But yeah, they are the real replica Vice sunglasses. :thumbsup:

Edited by Markwey

They sure are the real deal. 

That is the exact same model Ray Ban Wayfarer (B&L 5022 tortoise shell) sunglasses, that Crockett/Johnson wore in season 2. (I owned a pair once)

Of course, you propably didn't mean what I first thought that you meant, by thinking that they were used physically on-screen.

But yeah, they are the real replica Vice sunglasses. :thumbsup:

Great item 

Yes and there are a number of posts in here about Crockett's sunglasses. Look in the Cooper&Burnett threads.

He wore the model 5022 Wayfarers in mock tortoise in the first two seasons. and switched to black in the same model in seasons 4 and 5. In season 3 he wore the Persol model 69218 Ratti in black. Those get very pricey.

A few links to read on this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Vice and  http://miamivice.wikia.com/wiki/Ray-Ban_Wayfarers

Btw, these are sold almost weekly in Ebay and they vary in price from very inexpensive to over $300 depending on condition. I have two pairs each of the tortoise and black.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

By the way: Do you know where can i get Carrera 5512 sunglasses worn by Crockett in Brother's Keeper ?

You can set up a saved search in Ebay. These show up occasionally but not too often.

• 3 years later...
15 hours ago, ZAQ 178 said:

I thought Sonny wore the 5024 model Raybans? The 5022 & 5024 models look the same to me.

I agree ZAQ 178  they do look similar :hippie:

16 hours ago, ZAQ 178 said:

I thought Sonny wore the 5024 model Raybans? The 5022 & 5024 models look the same to me.

I believe the numbers indicate dimensions of different parts, so 5024 has a wider bridge than 5022.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Zubenko said:

I believe the numbers indicate dimensions of different parts, so 5024 has a wider bridge than 5022.

Thank you for that clarification! Nice to know! I believe Sonny wore the 5024 model because they seemed a little on the wider side.