Miami Vice season one dvd set...rereleased!

agent 47

Are they single disc or double side disc? I still have my double sided disc of season 1 & 2 and they play just fine. I also purchased the special edition white faux alligator box set too. :thumbsup:  ;)  :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Are they single disc or double side disc? I still have my double sided disc of season 1 & 2 and they play just fine. I also purchased the special edition white faux alligator box set too. :thumbsup:  ;)  :D

According to http://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/Miami-Vice-Season-1-DVD/79190/ The discs will be double sided.

I'm really surprised the dvds have 480i video. I'd think they'd at least want to put progressive video onto the dvds since that would improve the image quality.

According to http://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/Miami-Vice-Season-1-DVD/79190/ The discs will be double sided.

I'm really surprised the dvds have 480i video. I'd think they'd at least want to put progressive video onto the dvds since that would improve the image quality.

Though the site is for Blu-ray, the link seems to only be referring to the already released DVDs??

Would think if they were intending to release Blu-ray that the resolution would be much higher, and the number of disks would be reduced from the current 6 to maybe 2. So I think this is only referring to standard def DVDs. And even at standard DVDs I'm surprised higher definition wasn't possible, as you seemed to be suggesting.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett