MV realism

PalmTree

Despite MV's totally phony plots I think on a deeper, maybe higher level MV reflected a high degree of realism in how peope felt about numerous issues in the mid '80's.  Today's tv form of realism is IMO so distorted & PC it makes 1985's MV  almost a reality show.  Especially what music most people really want to hear.  At least back when music had an unheard thing called artistic creativity.

Edited by PalmTree

Munday said he got $3500/kilo transport fee & his first trip carried 400 kilos - IOW 1.2mill made in less than 48 hours after Roberts delivered the coke to one of Rafa's mules in Miami.

Edited by PalmTree

Some of the "phony plots" were actually true stories that were in the news or newspapers during the 80's.

Definitely true that many storylines in Vice reflected current events of the time, e.g. the drug scene in SoFL, and I think that gritty realism as well as the use of current hit music, 80's fashion and style were all key elements that made the series a huge success. Other current storylines used or referenced in Vice have been described in the Miami Vice wiki site. Imo, Vice was unique in its realism compared to some earlier cop shows.

Not sure what is meant about "phony plots" but I can relate to some strange storylines that came along later in the series  that to me were uncharacteristic of early vice storylines, and  really seemed out of place (Missing Hours, Everybody's in Showbiz, Cows, etc).

• Like 2

Well "Missing Hours" was definitely a weird plotline but believe it or not the "Cows of October " was drafted after a real life similar scam was done in the states. They dramatized it and used dramatic license to alter it for the show but can you believe some people are stupid enough to buy cow sperm at inflated rates?

I found many of the other plots quite believable and entertaining so I am not sure what you are referring to in your comment. Do you wish to elaborate?