The guy who auditioned...

PalmTree

This guy auditioned for the Sonny Crocket role but for some strange reason they went w/ Don Johnson.  My god just imagine how different the show might have been...

post-5301-0-68514900-1398809306_thumb.jp

I could see this version of Crocket cruisin brickell in his 2-tone green/yellow El Camino w/ a 25ft cb antenna duct-taped to the bumper jammin some Creedence on his 8-track stereo. :thumbsup:

Edited by PalmTree

I could see this version of Crocket cruisin brickell in his 2-tone green/yellow El Camino w/ a 25ft cb antenna duct-taped to the bumper jammin some Creedence on his 8-track stereo. :thumbsup:

Very true  :D  :)

In MV days Crocket's clothes, car, look, hair...hell everything is what every guy wanted to be.  Now its to drive some billybob mobile listening to kuuntry muzic, married w/ three kids living a very depressing, boring life working some houry wage blue collar dead-end job.

Miami might have changed since 1985 (god I miss those days!) but I'd still love to give living there a shot.

I only wish Ihad one of The Golden Girls as a relative.  I always liked that house.

Edited by PalmTree

Eh I know what you mean, I remember the days before we had SUV's everywhere.

I pull into the CVS parking lot last night and theres this 5 foot 4 woman sitting in some gigantic Lincon SUV that is 3 times higher than my car and about 1 1/4th as wide

all alone on a cell phone, then I look across the way and theres another one just like her.

damn gas Guzzler tax, because those things are over a certain weight limit they dont get that tax on them, only really nice luxury sedans got hurt by that and supercars.

and I still remember the firestone tire blow out thing, and seeing one of those things flipped over on the highway in Worcester MA with a trailer on the back and people crying there

three weeks latter going to see the gunsmith down there and I see crosses there in that same spot.

if only GM and Ford made Sportwagons and marketed them properly, along with an El Camino like car, they'd make a bundle and save on gas instead of making those things for the same space and comfort.

along with alot more fun

and a few more people would be alive today, as my german wagon would have pulled that no problem in the wet

ugh I wish I could go back to 1992 and convince ford to never of made that damn explorer and that lincon crap box.

Edited by Kavinsky

In the MV days last the thing you wanted to be seen in was some bus-like suburban & one of the coolest things to be seen in was a Ferrari, better yet a convertible Ferrari.  Oddly now its kinda the opposite.  Or at least the importance of style & class have evaporated.

A Hugo Boss deconstructed MV-like suit has been replaced by cheap-looking jeans & black tshirts

Edited by PalmTree

Yeah I know what you mean, I do like some aspects of the casual look though

but maybe this is why on Burn Notice they always tried to have Michael in a suit it seemed, maybe they were trying to restart that trend?

but this was the basic size and hugeness of the car infront of me

my car stopped midway up the tail light

maybe they figured out if you slap plastic chrome to anything, it'll sell better, and thus slapped it all over these overglorified wagons.

atleast with a hummer or a Jeep I could see the apeal but this and SUVS like it?

about the only good thing I figured with them is that future hotrodders can take the V8's out of them and put them in something like a K car from the 1980's.

but I think the cash for clunkers program and them shifting them to cuba killed that idea.

Edited by Kavinsky