Bob Hoskins has passed

Tommy Vercetti

Another sad celebrity passing. Bob Hoskins died last night at the age of 71. He was a screen legend really. It's sad we're losing all these people now.

He was ferocious in the gangster classic The Log Good Friday and of course he was well known as Eddie Valiant in Roger Rabbit, a childhood classic. I enjoyed his performance of J. Edgar Hoover in the underrated Nixon, one of Oliver Stone's best films. He was consistently excellent and ever reliable -  Mona Lisa, The Cotton Club, Brazil and many other films. Sad to see him go.

That is sad for sure. Think I read awhile back he had recently retired, so perhaps he had been fighting this for awhile.

(*Edit...just checked and found he was diagnosed with Parkinson's in 2012 and then retired from acting at that time.)

Great actor and I enjoyed watching his performances, even in some lesser ones like Doomsday, Enemy at the Gates, and Lassiter.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

The hell? really? god damn it.

but I suppose its a better more dignified death than suffering through Parkinsons disease and eventually loosing all control over your body.

but damn it I really liked that guy, may he rest in peace

and what the hell is it with people dying from Pnemonia? I keep on seeing people get picked off from that left and right.

Including one of my Comedy hero's Leslie Nelson.

I'm starting to feel old as many of my favorite actors and people I admire are all falling over in a dead fink?

So sad to see this unique man pass away as he played some very memorable characters. This last year has seen many deaths but the one that really hurts was Philip Seymore Hoffman who could have gone on to greatness.

I liked Roger Rabbit but I also agree with "Tommy's list" at the top as they are all great movies and I have seen them all.

Hoskins had that "everyman" quality and that growly voice could make him menacing.........

Guest MetroVice

These folks will all eventually be gone over time and it can be very depressing when we learn of people dying off like this. I'm sure I speak for most everyone when I say how sad we'll all be when the main stars of our beloved Miami Vice eventually pass away. As fondly as we remember these people in this youthful show when it was in production you just never know when your time is up. That's one reason I really wished they would have done a remake of Vice before things changed too radically but we're way beyond that now because everybody's in their mid 50's to late 60's now. While that's not seriously old, it does put most of the primary characters beyond the age of having them perform as cops, even if they had advanced to positions you would think they would have likely gone on to over the decades within Metro-Dade. I only wish there would have been better writing in the later seasons so the show could have continued on another two or three years (or more). I guess we're all getting old and boy did it ever happen oh-so quickly. . .

That said, Bob Hoskins was a fine actor and will be sorely missed. We'll always remember you my friend  :cheers: