My Miami Vice Map

Bilders

WOW!  If this is accurate, and I have no idea if it is or it isn't, this is really awesome.  I need this for my long time waiting Miami Vice pilgrimage. 

Very cool...good work!

• Like 1

I have tried to be as accurate as possible. That includes trying to put markers in an exact spot for isolated incidents such as:

- Bobby and Jake get shot across Ocean Drive

- Burnett shoots Tubbs

- Eddie and Corby get blown up

The awesome thing about this is that it uses Google Maps. This means I can see the street and satellite views and pinpoint a marker that way :)

• Administrators

Nice map. It'll come in handy when/if I visit Miami.  :thumbsup:

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. :p

Edited by SL1DE

You're most welcome!

It's still a work in progress. I have been soundly bias towards the episodes that are my favourites to start off with. Veterans will see that there are a lot of gaps.

If you guys want me to be more detailed with my marker descriptions let me know. Though I have a feeling you will all understand them 100%!

• Administrators

Wow... Google Earth has 'Photo Sheres' around some of the locations, like the Cape Florida lighthouse for example. 

Eingefügtes Bild

The scene in Calderone's Return Part 1 where Sonny and Caroline are walking along that concrete wall and Billy is playing in the sand. There isn't much sand there anymore though.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@25.666291,-80.15686,3a,75y,150.34h,89.94t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1s_Hw1wyuvtH4AAAQWg8lIfA!2e0!3e11

You can move the camera around in a 360 degree view.

Edited by SL1DE
  • Like 1

Feel free to add suggestions which I can approve when I log in.

The member key is 'crockett' which allows you to add markers.

Please post notice of your additions here so I recognise them.

Edited by Bilders

• Administrators

Oh cool. I'll add some locations from Definitely Miami. Added:

Pool Scene, 4343 Collins Ave. Phil the Shil - Phil's House

Edited by SL1DE

Nice work!

When I was in Miami this winter, I noticed something about the surrounding in which my hotel was located - it was from a scene in S02E15. I will add a marker and details about that scene when I get home from work. 

Keep up the good work Bilders  :D  :thumbsup:

I'm not sure if we can sort them based on episodes. I think there's more features to this than I am presently aware.

I may start changing marker colours based on season. I just liked being able to mix up the colours to make everything stand out more.

• Administrators

Depending on how many colours there are to choose from, you might be able to sort them as one colour for the first half or quarter of the season, and another for the rest.

Easily possible. There are 25-30 colours available.

Heres the breakdown of how I will do it for starters:

Note that I am following the boxset colours in some cases :)

Season One

Brothers Keeper - Teal

Episodes 2-8 - Fuschia

Episodes 9-16 - Lavender

Episodes 17-22 - Lilac

Season Two

Episodes 1-8 - Green

Episodes 9-16 - forest

Episodes 19-23 - mold

Season Three

Episodes 1-8 - red

Episodes 9-16 - burgundy

Episodes 17-24 - orange

Thanks KaeptnCaipi. Imitation is always the finest form of flattery :D In this case that is my intention!

If you guys have any suggestions let me know. I may change the colours around for the later seasons if they don't stand out from the map landscape.

Thanks KaeptnCaipi. Imitation is always the finest form of flattery :D In this case that is my intention!

If you guys have any suggestions let me know. I may change the colours around for the later seasons if they don't stand out from the map landscape.

Youve completed a great map Bilders  :D  :fireworks:  :radio:

I have a LOT more locations to go. I have been bias with my favourite episodes. I have seen the whole series of Vice but I have a soft spot for the first season :)

Thanks to CGlide I will have some assistance in completing this map!

• Administrators

I was thinking about if it is possible to merge the two maps.

It would be great if we have one map with all the locations and infos on episodes and scene. And if we had someone who synchronises the maps with the locations threads here in our forum and with Charlie Glides filming locations website...

• Like 2

I see possibilites here. Especially if a few people are willing to chip in, which I see no issue with.

Zeemaps appears to have the ability to import maps and locations. You may be able to import your maps onto one single map. I would take a look and see what you think :) i really liked it cause it allows you to add pics, videos and a lot of summary to the markers. Plus the road/satellite view options.