My Miami Vice Map

Bilders

I see possibilites here. Especially if a few people are willing to chip in, which I see no issue with.Zeemaps appears to have the ability to import maps and locations. You may be able to import your maps onto one single map. I would take a look and see what you think :) i really liked it cause it allows you to add pics, videos and a lot of summary to the markers. Plus the road/satellite view options.

I can gladly help you out. If we combine this with all the info and pictures from Charlie Glide's page we would have the ultimate map! 

I hope it is ok with Charlie if I use his information on his website to add markers to the map Bilders have made.

Edited by Metro-Dade Police
  • Like 1

There are marker upload options for CSV files.

This means either I can export what I currently have to a CSV file and send it to whoever would like to be the admin for the ultimate MV map for the website.

Alternatively I can create a new account for MV Forum and provide you all with its login credentials. This can become the official MV map. I would then upload all of my existing markers to it.

Nominating an admin as a location 'guru' would be my recommendation. Someone who has such a great knowledge of locations who can make final adjustments.

To prevent multiple markers for one scene, i would recommend making a decision on this soon.

Hopefully Mr. Glide will accept our proposal :) All of us together would make something very special.

Another idea: ONE Map Per Season??? :D

• Administrators

OK, I guess a "new" MV map created for our website would be the best. The maps I linked on our homepage (which is currently one map and only different screenshots) were created using the google account of my wife. So it would not be a good idea to someone admin rights for that account.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to take care for that project (as I have a lot of work with the current website) but if someone tells me which informations are needed to import our current maps I can help out.

If someone would use the map for location traveling I'd suggest to split the maps into areas like I did with our maps. That's why I  put all the downtown locations into one map, Miami Beach locations...

What do you think about it?

I think both ideas have their pros for sure. I struggle with the 'location' split as my understanding of Miami regions is quite poor, being a foreigner. Maybe it's something I just need to learn more about :)

I suggested a Season split based on the following ideas:

* Zeemaps uses a full map. Meaning you can put locations all over the world if you really wanted too.

* Splitting Seasons would mean less markers per region. If we did it on a region basis we may run the risk of the South Beach/Dade areas being over populated with markers. This would make them more difficult to notice.

* Locations can also be numbered like your own map, which I think would be tremendously helpful if we did markers in Miami Vice chronological order of events :)

* Zeemaps allows different coloured markers. On a season split basis, using one colour of marker per episode would certainly seperate them all easily.

Whilst I think the Flamingos you use are brilliant because it reminds me of the intro so much, I found it difficult to locate what I was looking for. But that may be my own problem with navigating :D

Keen to hear your ideas KaeptnCaipi and everyone else who would like to share their opinions!

Okay guys and girls. There are 31 colours on Zeemaps and 32 discs in total for Miami Vice.

I was thinking of doing one colour per disc, whilst making the final two discs of Season 5 one colour.

Any thoughts to this?

• Administrators

How many episodes are on a disc? With 31 colours, 111 episodes, you can get 3.5 episodes per colour. (111 divided by 31 = 3.58) As long as there are 3 or 4 episodes on a disc, then it should work out fine.

How many episodes are on a disc? With 31 colours, 111 episodes, you can get 3.5 episodes per colour. (111 divided by 31 = 3.58) As long as there are 3 or 4 episodes on a disc, then it should work out fine.

Yes 3-4 episodes better  :D  :)

post-5434-0-46976500-1401054767_thumb.jp

All of my DVD Seasons are the Australian release. Episodes per disc is always 3-4 (Included syndicate Episodes for Brothers Keeper and Calderones Return etc.)

• Administrators

Hm... as some locations appear in several episodes/seasons I guess it would be difficult to handle.

I'd still prefer a location map by areas and use several marker colors for different seasons. So we would have five colors (maybe some more for those locations apperaing in different episodes/seasons).

Is it possible to display locations by color with zeemaps? So we would have both:

- aerial maps for those who travel to Miami and would like to use the maps as tourist guide

- seasonal maps (by showing only one color and disabeling the other colors) for those who want to spot locations by episode/season

What about this suggestion?

Hm... as some locations appear in several episodes/seasons I guess it would be difficult to handle. I'd still prefer a location map by areas and use several marker colors for different seasons. So we would have five colors (maybe some more for those locations apperaing in different episodes/seasons). Is it possible to display locations by color with zeemaps? So we would have both: - aerial maps for those who travel to Miami and would like to use the maps as tourist guide- seasonal maps (by showing only one color and disabeling the other colors) for those who want to spot locations by episode/season What about this suggestion?

I just checked. They can do it and with a lot of options!- cities, counties, and even manual selection based on latitude and longitude coordinatesLet me know which of these will be best. Or if theres a mixture :)

• Administrators

As I mentioned before, let's group the locations by area. And for the location markers let's use one color per season. So, for example, we would have South Beach as location area and within SoBe 5 different colors (or some more for those locations which appear in several seasons). One per season.

I like this as we can pick TRUE VICE colours instead of having to branch out to every colour available.

Classics such as Teal, Fuscia, Lavender, Rose Pink etc. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't forgotten about this guys. My working life just got serious as I have been promoted recently.

If you guys wanna follow-up or talk with me about it, you can also email me - bilders26@gmail.com