Well this is utterly horrifying..... 12 year olds attempt to murder friend

Kavinsky

posted by Reviewtechusa on youtube not an hour ago, and I thought the incident in CT was shocking.

all I can say is Why? Why would anyone do such a thing? I mean there little kids for god sakes.

Edited by Kavinsky

Slendy is even more creepier now,even though he's not real he apparently can "influence" nut jobs.I'm sure there will be copycats by types like them.I'm pretty familiar with the Slenderman dude from YouTube vids of the games.Love story fiction made by emo gals of Slenderman is one thing but to actually go through and attempt murder on someone over a character created by a story on the net in psychotic!Luckily she is doing okay.

Edited by BlueAir

Yeah its amazing that she survived, and with that kind of premeditation no less.

and frankly I agree with him on both matters, namely that maybe some people are just born evil and that they should be tried as adults.

and that's the danger of doing anything popular sadly, namely that it can be warped and used as an inspiration for such evil (such as the second Noland batman film and the warriors in the 1970's)  but I havent heard anthing about the parents in this case either too so I dont know about their part in this case..

I was just shocked at the details of this, but maybe this is living proof that no matter what kind of laws you pass, their will always be monsters out there set to do harm regardless of the tools at their disposal, and the only way to stop them is to notice the signs and report them.

and nothing else will work period.

Edited by Kavinsky

• Administrators

I saw this yesterday. The most messed up things always seem to happen in the US these days. I don't know what or how, but something is seriously wrong down there.

This wouldn't have happened in the 80s. 12 year old girls should be drawing rainbows and unicorns, and talking about boys they have a crush on. Not plotting to kill their friends to prove a stupid point that "Slenderman" exists.

Slenderman was a fictional story created by a user on CreepyPasta over 10 years ago, it isn't even a myth or anything, it's just fiction.

Edited by SL1DE

I wouldnt necessary chalk this up to all the crazy people live in the US, as I've heard of stories of how undervalued life can be in places like Bangkok thailand and areas around there. from an Auzzie man by the Name of Paul Plutta and nis buddy John suckerhorn on the archyluxury channel.

and also we only heard of that mass stabbing before the CT incident in proxy as an after the fact thing, and all the focus was all on the CT one, not the mass stabbing at a school in china by some nut over there who stabbed 20 F'ing people with a plain old kitchen knife

which prompted them to finally put cops in schools over there, the only way to really deal with that issue sadly.

and remember the internet is heavily censored in china, so for all we know that kind of crazy might be happening there constantly and we wouldnt know, along with all of the under developed areas around the world.

while in the US, the second someone says the N word about someone and their famous, then everyone knows about it

plus also the man who did mass killing that during the release of the dark knight rises was a fame seaker, a real looser, much like that ass in cali from a few weeks ago who killed 7 people

including his roomate who he reported to the cops for stealing an F'ning candle of all things from his room, I mean the guy was a grade a asshole from the sound of it, and apparently tried to push some woman over a balcony?

I mean how did they miss this guy?

and if anything I'd think the oversaturation of the news media and how quickly news travels is causing this, after all, remember how disconnected everyone WAS in the 1980's and 1990's, the most you could get was a newspaper, a print out from a comodor computer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4mafXNMTuk

and maybe a 10 minute news program, outside of 60 minutes

hell it was until the middle of the 1990's that this crap really started happening, which perfectly coinsides with the advancements in technology that revolutionized the acquisition and sharing of information.

I mean doing something horrible is an easy way to become famous now, kinda like how the idea of batman being in gotham was bringing in supervillians, rather than driving them away for the second batman film.

same thing here, with this information overload culture that can easily overtransfer the hatefilled feelings of people and the peer pressure of highschool to anyone who is famous on youtube for example, and it can push people over the edge with how extreme it gets

I mean if you dont believe me just follow some of the gaming channels like DSPgaming and how much crap he gets if he doesnt like something, or Spoony of the Spoony Experement, hell even brad jones when he said he though the man of steel sucked.

as it really seems like the immortal words of William Shatner need to be aplied abit more nowadays than ever for everyone in alot of cases

hell I remember my dad telling me the most pathetic thing he had ever heard was that some young girl killed herself over what someone said about her on Facebook, and just hearing him be so blunt about it shocked me.

and this is an 80 year old man saying this who's was alive during the war and served in the airforce during the 1950's, and he's seen everything,

and he nearly got roped into the korean war for god sakes, and saw cold war spy stuff first hand in germany during the 1960's in Rotevessen that was straight out of the second james bond film, as his job was being a early radar detection engineer/technician.

although i guess the greatest question in this is where the hell are the parents, why weren't they watching them and what they were doing? and making sure they understand what is right and what is wrong

and being a good parrent in general, something that they evidently failed at, and is something that is increasingly vital in these days of information overload, and to be frank If I ever have kids i'm never going to let them watch TV and I'm going to heavily supervise what games they play and what they do on the net.

and keep them away from adult movies, such as the PG13's where people die in droves unless I approve them first, until the age of 20 when I know that they see that the world is what is around them and not what they see on TV, and that's the important one they pay attention to.

as to prevent an information overload, possible panic attacks and ADHD in childhood from the shock and flash editiing they use now daily on TV, along with fear and uncertanty in the state of the world.

as kids shouldnt suffer from that, their kids for christ sakes, life should be simple and happy for them.

plus the more I think about it, maybe we need a parent test of some sort to sort out the unfit, but that might be going to far, as define what is normal.

Edited by Kavinsky

And it will keep on happening because we keep letting the news media glorify these hellspawns with their "angel gone bad" routine they love to spin. The outrage should not be against the fictional character as I doubt the creator's intentions were for all the hellspawns to suddenly try and kill their loved ones in cold blood but against the media for making these people into these "lost childs" worthy of hours upon hours of hack psychiatry and replaying the event over and over ad nauseam.

• Like 1

Key word here though, is mental unstability, and why were they allowed to pursue such venues without the parents quite frankly locking them up, or throwing all this stuff away and forcing them to get mental help?

I mean understand the love of the child between the mother and the kid, but when you come right down to it, we still are animals by nature in alot of ways, and some of us evidently are much closer to the fold than others as I see on the news everyday in Boston.

although to be fair under US law I believe if you ever apply for a goverment job and have any sort of record of going to a psychiatrist for help, you wont get it on those grounds no matter how minor or sever the problem was that you needed help with.

so theirs this whole fear and stigma behind it, another flip side of the matter to think of, and that I believe also would include stuff as simple as delivering the mail.

after all I remember my girlfriend Emily telling me all about this Cellist Amelia, or Autumn something, and the horrors she went through in a mental help facility, and how it ruined her the problems she had

which was a minor bout of depression I think, which I think growing up and just trying to grasp how the world works is quite understanable, especially with the information overload everyone suffers from

and that's kind of my point, this isnt just one thing causing this, it mutiple things and mutiple effects, multiple ripples and its not that easy to diagnose and fix with banning games like they would like to do in places like Australia and Germany

although I fully understand their fears, and I as I get older and see how badly people abuse the First Amendment such as Sara Silverman, and some of the poltical nuts in the world I'm starting to think that in some cases censorship has its place.

such as with this nut

talk about technophobia.... and not the right kind either.

and knowing how impressonable people of that kids age are first hand, its all the more vital that the parents be vigiliant and do their best to console and help their children through the tough parts of growing up

IE not letting them run off in their own world when the warning signs show up.

but the simplest answer might be to make it illegal to sell mature rated games to anyone under 18 even with the parents buying it for them, judging by how badly parents are failing at their jobs these days, complete with a legal penalty possibly for them once their caught.

IE not the game seller getting the fine or the game maker but for the parent, as you have an obligation to soceity not to raise a monster that will hurt people, just like your parents before you.

I mean how often does a kid comes on the microphone in modern mature games swearing it up, and I hate to be that guy who does something like that but its the only possible way I think it could make sense to deal with this problem.

and I see alot of parents failing at that recently, that makes about 3 in the last 3 weeks.

although this might cause the same thing that is happening in movies, where movie studios cut films to get the PG 13 rating rather than the R rating, so they can make more money with the same implied violence in them.

such as with the latest X men film

so maybe not a fine but still the do not pass go thing with parents buying mature rated games for kids ages 5 to 14, would atleast possibly help this situation somewhat, or leave that up to the sellers discression without penalty if someone complains on both ends of the legal spectrumn.

but its not a perfect one, the only other thing I could think of is a Parenting class that parents could take that teaches them about how impressonable kids are, the danger signs and how to avoid it, that if you complete and pass would get a tax break for.

think like a parenting equavalent of the hunter safety course you have to get, to get a licence, except for parents having kids.

as none of these monsters doing these horrible things in the past 2 years seem to be over 30.

Edited by Kavinsky